GoDuBois.com
mr.d

Hobby Lobby Coming To DuBois In First Quarter Of 2020

SPONSOR:  

Hobby Lobby Coming to DuBois

image-3.jpgDUBOIS, Pa. (EYT) – Hobby Lobby, the country’s biggest privately owned arts and crafts chain, is planning to begin the construction of a new store at the Sandy Plaza in DuBois.

According to The Courier Express, the retail giant plans to construct a 55,000 square-foot store at the Sandy Plaza at Route 255 and Shaffer Road in Sandy Township, where a Kmart store was formerly located.

The projected opening for the store is in the first quarter of 2020, according to Hobby Lobby Special Projects Manager Diane Gudahl.

According to Director of Advertising Kelly Black, Hobby Lobby offers a wide variety of craft and home decor products that are constantly changing, including many products that are Hobby Lobby exclusive brands.

Hobby Lobby isn’t the only new tenant coming to the Sandy Plaza. Planet Fitness is working on a new 19,000-square-foot fitness center which will be housed in the other portion of the former Kmart building. The gym, which is expected to open in the first week of November, will be open 24/7.

According to LG Realty Advisors Inc. Shopping Center Manager Brian Gumberg, the two new businesses are excited to be coming to the local market.

Gumberg also noted that another established tenant in the plaza, Napoli’s Restaurant and Pizzeria, recently made renovations to the interior of their business, and the Dollar General store is also planning upgrades later this year.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            https://www.explorejeffersonpa.com/hobby-lobby-coming-to-dubois/

8 hours ago, lavender said:

Soon we will have as many hobby shops as we have auto parts stores. Meanwhile, a man who wants a suit had better get into his vehicle and drive.

Yeah, lets get some more eating establishments in town, seems to be a priority here.  I do not see things improving with the type of buisness's coming. Sure would be nice to have an old fashioned department store

At least the some of the vacant stores are getting occupied. I have to agree with most, I sure do wish we would get something we need or useful. Gyms, parts stores, and craft stores apparently keeps the economy around here going, jk. It is always good to see new stores, but would LOVE something useful. 

On another note, I have completely given up on our mall. It is a sad, sad place!

I think that one is called something like Evergreen Plaza?  

I checked and that one was named something else, maybe Evergreen Plaza, when it was built.  Now it's the DuBois Plaza, and the K Mart location is the Sandy Plaza.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

On 10/17/2019 at 11:59 PM, lavender said:

Soon we will have as many hobby shops as we have auto parts stores. Meanwhile, a man who wants a suit had better get into his vehicle and drive.

What's wrong with JCPenny or Guzzos?

13 hours ago, lavender said:

Size and/or quality. 

Thats kinda like saying, whats wrong with JoAnn Crafts - nothing except we already have 2 craft stores, why another?  Diversity maybe.

On 10/18/2019 at 1:44 AM, mr.d said:

Also pizza shops

We may have a lot of pizza shops, but I would really like just one good one. There is only one steadily good pizza shop in town. The rest are hit and miss! How hard is it to turn out a decent pizza? Really!

Isn't it weird that in America our flag and our culture offend so many people, but our benefits don't?

On 10/18/2019 at 8:29 AM, mollycan said:

Yeah, lets get some more eating establishments in town, seems to be a priority here.  I do not see things improving with the type of buisness's coming. Sure would be nice to have an old fashioned department store

WE do:D need KFC. Kohls would be nice.