GoDuBois.com
mr.d

Hobby Lobby Coming To DuBois In First Quarter Of 2020

SPONSOR:  

3 hours ago, Cacao said:

Never knew there was a men's clothing store in DuBois that sold suits.  Never heard of Guzzo's.  

What else am I missing?  I NEVER visit downtown DuBois.  Probably because I don't know what's behind the dirty windows.

Jack's Men's Shop was in Brockway for years before moving to DuBois (current location of Guzzo's).  I have enjoyed visiting both stores.  Their windows are quite clean and tidy ;)

4 hours ago, MIM307 said:

Jack's Men's Shop was in Brockway for years before moving to DuBois (current location of Guzzo's).  I have enjoyed visiting both stores.  Their windows are quite clean and tidy ;)

Huh, imagine that.  Driven past a million times and never noticed it.  Must not have a noticeable sign or do zero marketing or both. 

1 hour ago, Cacao said:

Huh, imagine that.  Driven past a million times and never noticed it.  Must not have a noticeable sign or do zero marketing or both. 

Huh. Odd. It's a beautiful clothing store right beside a popular restaurant and parking lot. Guess you were  so distracted looking at all the dirty windows that you missed the clean ones? 🤣

14 hours ago, MIM307 said:

Huh. Odd. It's a beautiful clothing store right beside a popular restaurant and parking lot. Guess you were  so distracted looking at all the dirty windows that you missed the clean ones? 🤣

Prolly.  Such is life...negative gets the attention while the positive is ignored.

I'm glad to hear we are getting another store, but we could really use another clothing store.  I wish we could at least have a Peebles.  The other close towns have them.  I like their clothes and footwear.  I would really like to have a Boscovs.

Every day is a gift from God; that's why we call it the "present!"

Target & five guys & Kmart around the Mall and inside the Mall an arcade, and pizza joint that you can grab a slice & a soda, & a record store & toy store for the family from Pre-K to adult with board games,card games, and a place to make a salad: simple salad bar with veggies & dressings & soup & beverage for Lunch $6.00 & after 5:00p.m. $8:00 & a place buy one and sit & people watch & talk this should be located at different end from Pizza area & a dollar type store & a couple different shoe stores, and Joe's tux ( where you can purchase & be fitted for a suit & drop & pickup dry cleaning, an area with bathrooms located at both ends of Mall, also an open table chair area to read the book you bought, or play a game of chess/checkers, No kids under 12 without a parent allowed, iron on T shirt store, sock & tie store, jeans only store, boots all kinds store from moon boots to mudders, and I could go on....

Dobby

11 hours ago, Polo said:

I'm glad to hear we are getting another store, but we could really use another clothing store.  I wish we could at least have a Peebles.  The other close towns have them.  I like their clothes and footwear.  I would really like to have a Boscovs.

Peebles are going to be Goldman’s soon.

The downtown section of DuBois is quite nice now.  There are a lot of beautiful stores if you look.  Take a walk someday and check them out.  If anyone's windows are dirty, write "Wash Me" on them and tell us where it is.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

10 hours ago, Dobby said:

Target & five guys & Kmart around the Mall and inside the Mall an arcade, and pizza joint that you can grab a slice & a soda, & a record store & toy store for the family from Pre-K to adult with board games,card games, and a place to make a salad: simple salad bar with veggies & dressings & soup & beverage for Lunch $6.00 & after 5:00p.m. $8:00 & a place buy one and sit & people watch & talk this should be located at different end from Pizza area & a dollar type store & a couple different shoe stores, and Joe's tux ( where you can purchase & be fitted for a suit & drop & pickup dry cleaning, an area with bathrooms located at both ends of Mall, also an open table chair area to read the book you bought, or play a game of chess/checkers, No kids under 12 without a parent allowed, iron on T shirt store, sock & tie store, jeans only store, boots all kinds store from moon boots to mudders, and I could go on....

Five Guys couldn't survive in Indiana near IUP so I'm betting it wouldn't do well in DuBois either. Though I'd buy my share and then some....

10 hours ago, Tinyus said:

I just ate at five guys last Friday....enjoyed it but a little pricey. It's only been in our mall  6 months...lol

We have Five Guys down here, and I agree. Better burgers and fries available for less money. Maybe they should just use Three Guys

On 10/20/2019 at 5:56 PM, jaman said:

WE do:D need KFC. Kohls would be nice.

While I'm more of a "we need factories instead of service businesses" type guy, yeah - we do need a KFC.    I'm tired of having to drive to Clearfield or Indiana for KFC. ...or grabbing it while I'm in Johnstown for work and driving home to Brookville.

Heck, I'd be happy with a Popeyes or even Church's Chicken if we couldn't get a KFC.

6 minutes ago, dubois_15801 said:

While I'm more of a "we need factories instead of service businesses" type guy, yeah - we do need a KFC.    I'm tired of having to drive to Clearfield or Indiana for KFC. ...or grabbing it while I'm in Johnstown for work and driving home to Brookville.

Heck, I'd be happy with a Popeyes or even Church's Chicken if we couldn't get a KFC.

CHURCH'S. IM surprised they closed Clarion down. With the college That was the original in the area in the early 70's when I was a kid and would drive to for a special treat. 99 cent snack boxes.