GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

Verizon Power Outages Affecting Portions Of Region

SPONSOR:  

Verizon power outages affecting portions of region

4cb4e4f5-c173-4270-a4bd-a2b2c2a9c427-lar
Portions of our region have been affected by a nationwide power outage with Verizon. (Photo from: Downdetector)
facebook.svg

Portions of our region have been affected by a nationwide power outage with Verizon.

According to the outage map from Downdetector, areas impacted by this outage include Johnstown, State College, Altoona and Dubois.

a3b0e20c-3288-4f67-a69b-de89f5ccca2a-med
VERIZON POWER OUTAGE MAP.PNG

Verizon received numerous complaints on Twitter. They said if you're experiencing issues, restart your phone.

Several other locations dealing with the power outage include Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Chicago, New York City and Houston.                                                                                                                                              SEE TWEET    ;     https://wjactv.com/news/local/verizon-power-outages-affecting-portions-of-region

Yea because resetting your phone works. I have done everything for the girlfriends phone and still not letting calls go threw. Text messaging works that’s it. 

My GF just texted me and said if you switch your phone to airplane mode and leave it there for a minute or so and then switch back it helped. She wasn't even able to check voicemails but now she can.

"" The measure of success is where preparation and opportunity meet ""

59 minutes ago, YANKEE said:

Try going into settings on your phone. Look for "advanced calling" and turn it off. It might be under "connections" in the settings 

I was going to say this as well....worked for me. 

10 hours ago, Guest VTECH said:

OR JUST WAITE TIL WE FIX IT:good:

No need for guest to come in here yelling. Maybe we will just have to wait hahahaha or maybe u already fixed it and I haven’t asked if it was fixed yet because I don’t want to hear how dumb the phone is Hahahaha. I wanna be the guy in the other line from can u hear me now and say nope no I can’t. Woohoo.

8 hours ago, jt85 said:

No need for guest to come in here yelling. Maybe we will just have to wait hahahaha or maybe u already fixed it and I haven’t asked if it was fixed yet because I don’t want to hear how dumb the phone is Hahahaha. I wanna be the guy in the other line from can u hear me now and say nope no I can’t. Woohoo.

All caps doesnt always mean yelling. Some people just type in all caps or start and it is in all caps and don't feel like fixing it. I have done that. Could also be that guest was sick of getting calls of phones not working even tho it was all over the news that there was an outage. 

1 hour ago, Lyndsey33 said:

All caps doesnt always mean yelling. Some people just type in all caps or start and it is in all caps and don't feel like fixing it. I have done that. Could also be that guest was sick of getting calls of phones not working even tho it was all over the news that there was an outage. 

I was picking on him or her first off. And maybe others don’t watch the news. So to assume everyone watches the news is not nice lmao. No but I totally understand it would suck dealing with hundreds of calls over the same situation lol