GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
Polo

Halloween Display

SPONSOR:  

O.K., I don't want to come across as anti Halloween or anything even close.  I'm not a fan of blood and gore, but I understand some folks like to have fun with that at this time of year.  I'm not a hater, so let's get that straight.  I passed a Halloween display that is a bit disturbing recently and I feel its crossed the line.  School buses pass it every day, and it may even be a bus stop for all I know.  I worry about the effect it may have on little kids.  Any how, its a bunch of naked baby dolls perched in the middle of what looks like a fire burning, with a scary creature standing near it.  I guess the scary creature is the one who is "burning" the baby dolls.  This isn't the worst of it.  There is also a naked baby doll being "roasted" on a spit in front of the fire, too.  I'm a good sport, but I think that this is way too much.  I wish folks would consider how this affects impressionable minds and hearts.  Maybe they just don't care.  I do care.  Ok, I've said my piece.  Oh, and I'm not gonna tell you where its at.

Every day is a gift from God; that's why we call it the "present!"

And this is why most people don’t do Halloween anymore. There is too many soft people crying about the displays. It’s Halloween the creepier the better. It’s not real babies it’s plastic dolls. And In no time the display will be put away. I remember Halloween being the greatest creepiest holiday and way to many people have ruined it over the years. Between people poisoning candy to the fear of being kidnapped and no the displays are to much. My theory is don’t look in that direction when going by. Problem solved. They might not like the color of ur car or house or how u let ur dog but u don’t see them in the forum complaining. Just go on with ur life and in no time u won’t have to see it till next time.

32 minutes ago, jt85 said:

And this is why most people don’t do Halloween anymore. There is too many soft people crying about the displays. It’s Halloween the creepier the better. It’s not real babies it’s plastic dolls. And In no time the display will be put away. I remember Halloween being the greatest creepiest holiday and way to many people have ruined it over the years. Between people poisoning candy to the fear of being kidnapped and no the displays are to much. My theory is don’t look in that direction when going by. Problem solved. They might not like the color of ur car or house or how u let ur dog but u don’t see them in the forum complaining. Just go on with ur life and in no time u won’t have to see it till next time.

jt, luv ya bud. We may not always see eye to eye, but you usually make me laugh, so I'm just gonna offer a piece of advice here.

Choose your battles...

48 minutes ago, LFG said:

jt, luv ya bud. We may not always see eye to eye, but you usually make me laugh, so I'm just gonna offer a piece of advice here.

Choose your battles...

I did choice my battle and I don’t think it’s right to complain about something so small when there is bigger issues in this area than dumb plastic baby dolls being roasted. I’m sure if it were trump stuff being roasted it Would be funny and ok. Just something backwards with this world anymore. To many people being protected and it ruins fun for everyone else. 

1 hour ago, jt85 said:

I'm not a softie, jt85, this just seemed too extreme.  We have to think of the kids.  Any how, that is all I'm gonna say about it.

Every day is a gift from God; that's why we call it the "present!"

1 minute ago, Polo said:

I'm not a softie, jt85, this just seemed too extreme.  We have to think of the kids.  Any how, that is all I'm gonna say about it.

Because of the size of the dolls?

If that's the case, my best guess would be that full-sized mannequins would have been a preferred option but are much more costly to acquire.

"Be still, my fingers, be still" - fedup

1 hour ago, jt85 said:

That's most Holidays anymore because people have lost focus of the real meanings of them. Its not just about getting 10 pounds of candy or getting presents of  $1000 Iphone, Ipads, Tablets. It use to be about family and neighbor hood fun. Ill stop there.;)

Actually the  "real meaning" of Halloween indicates that Christians should not celebrate it.  Do you know why?  Interesting read.

http://www.shofarbetzion.com/01/TheRealMeaningofHalloween.htm

Nonetheless, my family celebrates and we enjoy the time together. 

I saw the display Polo was referencing and also found it to be a bit much and not my cup of tea.  To each their own and all of that, but if I lived in that neighborhood and had to look at it regularly, I might feel differently. 

58 minutes ago, Polo said:

I know Polo personally, and she is not a softy or she is crying about this,  @jt85. She is only thinking of the little kids that maybe don't understand everything going on in that display. 

I haven't seen the display so I won't comment on that. 

> Just a question @jt85 ...how would you rate that Halloween display comparable  to a movie rating ...  ??

Rated G: General audiences – All ages admitted.
Rated PG: Parental guidance suggested – Some material may not be suitable for children.
Rated PG-13: Parents strongly cautioned – Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13.
Rated R: Restricted – Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian.
Rated X: No one under 17 admitted.

I have not seen the display but it sounds like a lot for public display. The house on Long Ave with the creepy clown is enough for me. Haha! Hubby and I always liked decorating for Halloween. We made our house kind of spooky with ghosts, ghouls, giant spiders, glowing eyes, that sort of thing. Figured that was scary enough for the little kids who came for trick or treat. For the older folks that like blood and gore and such there are lots and lots of movies just full of that and adult parties are anything goes as far as I'm concerned. We always tried to get into the spirit of the day while keeping in mind who was likely to see it. It would be hard to imagine a 6 foot spider is real but a dead baby? That's something else.

1 hour ago, Pompeii said:

I know Polo personally, and she is not a softy or she is crying about this,  @jt85. She is only thinking of the little kids that maybe don't understand everything going on in that display. 

I haven't seen the display so I won't comment on that. 

> Just a question @jt85 ...how would you rate that Halloween display comparable  to a movie rating ...  ??

Rated G: General audiences – All ages admitted.
Rated PG: Parental guidance suggested – Some material may not be suitable for children.
Rated PG-13: Parents strongly cautioned – Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13.
Rated R: Restricted – Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian.
Rated X: No one under 17 admitted.

I’m sorry but I can not rate something I have not seen. I can only say that I think it is ridiculous to complain about Halloween decorations. You don’t go to a haunted house expecting to see clowns making balloon animals. And you can’t expect anyone that is decorating for Halloween to be that cautious. And the internet gives every child the ability to learn anything at any age without parent control. But even when we think we have control we really don’t because kids are sneaky. And like someone else posted would it be better if they were adults instead of children?? 

And how about this u pm about where this is and I’ll go check it out and then I’ll be able to give an honest opinion. I would love to see their creativity. 

17 minutes ago, jt85 said:

I’m sorry but I can not rate something I have not seen. I can only say that I think it is ridiculous to complain about Halloween decorations. You don’t go to a haunted house expecting to see clowns making balloon animals. And you can’t expect anyone that is decorating for Halloween to be that cautious. And the internet gives every child the ability to learn anything at any age without parent control. But even when we think we have control we really don’t because kids are sneaky. And like someone else posted would it be better if they were adults instead of children?? 

My mouth gets me in trouble all the time. I'd probably be a few more rungs up the ladder and making $50K more per year if my brain worked faster than my mouth, so I feel your pain.

I also hate censorship, PC crap, and having  to keep everything tame to keep from hurting someone's feewings, but even to me this display sounds a little over the top for a public area with children.

The biggest problem with your argument above is you choose to go to a haunted house, you choose to look at something on the internet, but this is a public display. You can't fault some parents for thinking it's too much

7 minutes ago, LFG said:

My mouth gets me in trouble all the time. I'd probably be a few more rungs up the ladder and making $50K more per year if my brain worked faster than my mouth, so I feel your pain.

I also hate censorship, PC crap, and having  to keep everything tame to keep from hurting someone's feewings, but even to me this display sounds a little over the top for a public area with children.

The biggest problem with your argument above is you choose to go to a haunted house, you choose to look at something on the internet, but this is a public display. You can't fault some parents for thinking it's too much

I understand the concern I really do but it’s Halloween I don’t expect anything less really. There’s always that one person that goes over the top and to far but usually those are the houses I like seeing it’s creepy and unnerving.

6 minutes ago, jt85 said:

I understand the concern I really do but it’s Halloween I don’t expect anything less really. There’s always that one person that goes over the top and to far but usually those are the houses I like seeing it’s creepy and unnerving.

If it's anything like down here that same house is probably creepy and unnerving in June, too :lol:

1 minute ago, Lyndsey33 said:

Nothing wrong with posting your opinion. Isnt that what pretty much everyone on here does? Post away!! 

Yea a lot do on here but others can only say what others like to hear or u get in trouble. Been down that road and honestly won’t learn because I don’t have a filter and never will. It’s my opinion just like others have there and I wish more would share what they really think instead of what they think people want to hear.

40 minutes ago, jt85 said:

Yea a lot do on here but others can only say what others like to hear or u get in trouble. Been down that road and honestly won’t learn because I don’t have a filter and never will. It’s my opinion just like others have there and I wish more would share what they really think instead of what they think people want to hear.

That's kinda why I'm here. I don't totally disagree with you, and I want to hear what you have to say, but you're heading for that same road and the cop already flashed his lights once :lol:

Just lighten it up a notch, do this :arghh:

Works for me ;) 

57 minutes ago, LFG said:

That's kinda why I'm here. I don't totally disagree with you, and I want to hear what you have to say, but you're heading for that same road and the cop already flashed his lights once :lol:

Just lighten it up a notch, do this :arghh:

Works for me ;) 

Yea cop,judge,and jury all wrapped in one might get me and then I’ll have to go to the dark place and I’ll cry there. It’s so scary. Actually more scary then some roasting baby dolls. I’d rather be punished  to that yard then to the dark place I’m heading to hahahahahaha. Sorry if I got anyone bunched you didn’t mean to. Well maybe a little.