GoDuBois.com
mr.d

Game Commission Investigating Viral Video Of Hunters Abusing Deer

SPONSOR:  

11 hours ago, pstan said:

I be willing to bet that within 24 hours of this event that the PGC knew where this happened.  Just because they didn't release the information to the public does not mean that the location isn't known.

6 hours ago, hunter said:

your right the pgc does know where it happened and the warden for that area is investigating . the issue is gonna be  what they can charge them with 

I'm willing to bet not, unless the boys told someone.

WCO Roger Hartless is our neighbor at our family farm in Polk Twp, he would cite his own mother instantly if he had proof.

WCO Roger Hartless is our neighbor at our family farm in Polk Twp, he would cite his own mother instantly if he had proof.

THIS IS TRUE

To achieve the title of old and wise, you must first be young and dumb :P

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak. :P

3 hours ago, WMJ77 said:

THIS IS TRUE

Not long after he moved to his place in Polk Twp in the 1990's he cited an uncle of mine for hunting over baited ground.

That "baited ground" was the remnants of a salt block from the mid 1980's in our back pasture.   We had done long taken the pasture fence down years before and forgotten about the place where granddad would put the salt blocks.   When my uncle came down to the farm house to let us know what had happened we all went back to look.  There were a few baby fist sized chunks of really old salt blocks(1ft x 1ft x 18" new) still there.

How Hartless knew about them was unknown, probably from walking around our back 40.

5 hours ago, dubois_15801 said:

I'm willing to bet not, unless the boys told someone.

im betting alot of people in brookville know and wco hartless isn't the one investigating it wco troutman is, southern part of jefferson county

3 minutes ago, dubois_15801 said:

I've heard Troutman is pretty strict too.  Never have dealt with him though.

never dealt with him either but know people that have and he is strict to maybe not as bad as hartless 

2 minutes ago, hunter said:

never dealt with him either but know people that have and he is strict to maybe not as bad as hartless 

I don't think anyone can be as bad as Hartless.  lol  The name fits.

Although, I am glad he is out that way and does keep things orderly in the region.   He also rolls on non-game related issues(since he does have police powers as a WCO).

I do think my uncle's citation for some long forgotten 10+ year old salt blocks was BS.

18 hours ago, NikonSniper said:

Do stupid foolish things expect ALL the consequences that follow.

Ah, yes. The phrase "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" seems to fit here.

One can only hope that they get the one they deserve.

"Be still, my fingers, be still" - fedup

Notice how the information related to this incident has dried up to almost nothing.  The last thing the PGC wants to deal with is people that are educated about this event.  Just wait. after the first of the year people will asking "what deer torture video"? 

There was a female WCO who got some attention for leveeing littering fines to those who had a deer but didn't have the empty casing on their person. I reload so I always pick up my brass or shotgun shell casing but there are times when you just can't find them. I always carry a couple empty cases just in case.

To think the Game Commission sits around a table asking themselves why the hunting numbers are falling off. This isn't the foremost reason but to comply with the regulations in every way (and they are considerable) only to get pinched for littering to the tune of  $300 for not being able to find your empty and folks figure it just isn't worth it.

Another favorite regards having an unloaded firearm while in your vehicle. Makes sense to me. No big deal. If you have a clip though, now you better be careful. You can completely unload your firearm, put the clip in the pocket of your coat, fold your coat up, put your coat under a blanket  under the spare tire in the back of the vehicle in the corner in the dark. Your firearm is now ten feet and one minute away from being loaded. Unless you put that clip in it's own pouch before tucking it away, your gun is considered loaded and get out your checkbook if it isn't.

11 hours ago, hunter said:

i forgot about her lol im gonna call it a tie 

She was about a tough as a person can get about animals.  We drove down to the Rockton Road on a snowy night and could see where a deer had dragged itself across the road repeatedly.  When we stopped, we could hear it steadily screaming in pain.  I called Colleen, who initially refused to come out and shoot it. She said that stuff happens to animals like this all the time and it would just die. That's when I lost all my cool and hubby was considering whether it was worth while remaining in the car with me.  

Once I threatened to call the police to dispatch it, she agreed to come and we waited for her to arrive.  I swear she brought a cannon to shoot it, as she was probably hoping I would get in her way.  No way I was getting out of the car, but hubby, who has PTSD, did go to help her load it into her truck so it could be used for fresh meat for someone needy. It hurt him, but it would have hurt worse to drive away knowing it was in pain and terrified.

Being a champion of the reasonable use of animals involves some tough decisions, but humane harvesting is one of them. You NEVER leave an animal in pain.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

Everyone from the FBI down to local law enforcement encourage citizens to say something if you see something.  Well, I saw the video and now want to say something.  Of the 10 common traits of serial killers acting out fantasies on animals ranks #2.  Quoted from the source:  Almost all serial killers – in fact, 99% of them – admitted that they started by acting out their violent fantasies on animals before graduating to human beings.   There, I did my duty and reported this fact.  Now it is to the PGC and PSP to do theirs.    Link to the sourcehttps://listverse.com/2013/01/02/10-most-common-traits-of-potential-serial-killers/

Officer Markle, one of the boy's step fathers is partially responsible for the excellent work done in the Brookville area in catching child abusers.  He seems to have excellent qualities.  Hopefully he's able to get to his step son before his life is completely shot.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Petee said:

Officer Markle, one of the boy's step fathers is partially responsible for the excellent work done in the Brookville area in catching child abusers.  He seems to have excellent qualities.  Hopefully he's able to get to his step son before his life is completely shot.

him and his stepson don't get along and stepson hasn't lived with them for a while now 

That would partially explain why the boy is in trouble. I think he must have had a good chance but it didn't work.  Too bad.

Albert Einstein