GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

MIT Students Break Guinness Record For Hot Dog Throwing

SPONSOR:  

Odd News

MIT students break Guinness record for hot dog throwing

Nov. 27 (UPI) -- A pair of Massachusetts Institute of Technology students put their softball skills to the test when they broke a Guinness World Record for throwing a hot dog and catching it in a bun.

Phoebe Li, a junior at MIT, lobbed the cooked hot dog 120 feet, where it was caught in a bun by graduate student Amber VanHemel.

The Monday record attempt was masterminded by VanHemel, who recruited her former softball teammate to the effort after seeing video of previous record holders David Rush and Jake Smith setting the mark at 105 feet, 4 inches, during the summer.

The students said they held multiple practice sessions and took measures to make sure they would qualify for the Guinness record, including making sure the tossed sausage measured between 5.5 and 7 inches.

The pair said documentation from their record attempt is now being submitted to Guinness for official recognition.                                                                                                                                                           SEE MORE ON INSTAGRAM    ;      https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2019/11/27/MIT-students-break-Guinness-record-for-hot-dog-throwing/4361574872745/?sl=7

I was actually going to applaud this...that's a heck of a throw for a sandwich. But then I after reading it, I realized that they had only thrown the hot dog. It didn't become a sandwich until after it hit the bun.

"Be still, my fingers, be still" - fedup