Jump to content
GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
steelnut

NCAA Conference Championships

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, steelnut said:

First, I am so happy for LSU.

Second, I am a big Wisconsin fan tonight! 

I am hoping that they name LSU number one today, that would mean OSU would have to play Clemson in the semi and we could see an all SEC championship:cheer: Burrows should win the Heisman and will probably be drafted number one by the Bengals, I have been hoping all year that Miami could somehow draft him but I don't see that happening now unless they try to trade away some of their first and second round picks.


"Any man who can safely drive a car while kissing a pretty girl, simply isn't giving the kiss the attention it deserves"... Albert Einstein

"And how can we win, when fools be king?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Lupara said:

Speaking of a sense of entitlement, those Alabama fans, well  I'm enjoying every minute of this.:good:

I can't cheer for any team associated with Lyin' Nick Saban:barf:


"Any man who can safely drive a car while kissing a pretty girl, simply isn't giving the kiss the attention it deserves"... Albert Einstein

"And how can we win, when fools be king?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, old farm boy said:

I am hoping that they name LSU number one today, that would mean OSU would have to play Clemson in the semi and we could see an all SEC championship:cheer: Burrows should win the Heisman and will probably be drafted number one by the Bengals, I have been hoping all year that Miami could somehow draft him but I don't see that happening now unless they try to trade away some of their first and second round picks.

I need to correct my mistake from yesterday. For some reason I was thinking that Clemson was in the SEC:pound:. Must not have had enough coffee in the system when I posted:no:


"Any man who can safely drive a car while kissing a pretty girl, simply isn't giving the kiss the attention it deserves"... Albert Einstein

"And how can we win, when fools be king?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, old farm boy said:

I need to correct my mistake from yesterday. For some reason I was thinking that Clemson was in the SEC:pound:. Must not have had enough coffee in the system when I posted:no:

How dare you place an ACC team in the SEC :arghh:

That being said, I stand by my prediction in the other thread that Clemson beats OSU by at least 2 touchdowns. Clemson has been so disrespected this year. True, they may not play anyone, but other than NC they have destroyed everyone else, and usually pull their starters midway through the 3rd quarter. LSU/Clemson will be a great matchup.

Y'all jacked up about that bowl game with Memphis? :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LFG said:

How dare you place an ACC team in the SEC :arghh:

That being said, I stand by my stance in the other thread that Clemson beats OSU by at least 2 touchdowns. Clemson has been so disrespected this year. True, they may not play anyone, but other than NC they have destroyed everyone else, and usually pull their starters midway through the 3rd quarter. LSU/Clemson will be a great matchup.

Y'all jacked up about that bowl game with Memphis? :rolleyes:

Clemson......wins championship last year, opens this year as number one, goes undefeated and is number three at the end of the year??????


"Any man who can safely drive a car while kissing a pretty girl, simply isn't giving the kiss the attention it deserves"... Albert Einstein

"And how can we win, when fools be king?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, old farm boy said:

Clemson......wins championship last year, opens this year as number one, goes undefeated and is number three at the end of the year??????

It's the ACC, the whole conference is weak. They're kind of like the Big 10, really only 2 or three schools that are perennial powerhouses, but FSU and Miami are both a mess the last few years, so Clemson has no competition. The only ranked teams they played all year were Texas A&M who finished with 5 losses ( against one of the toughest schedules in history), and VA who was ranked 23. They haven't been tested like LSU, and to some extent OSU, so the committee rewards the strength of schedule. I watch Clemson every week, even though they are my arch rival, and I'm telling you now they will beat OSU. The Buckeyes haven't played a team that complete. I don't even think LSU has

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like college football and really want to love it.  But, this time of the year shows me why I cannot grow to love it.  It's anticlimactic.  4 teams in a playoff??  4?  The are 200 bowl games and only 3 have any relevance to them.  The other 197 are exhibition games for players to bolster their draft selection.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LFG said:

How dare you place an ACC team in the SEC :arghh:

That being said, I stand by my prediction in the other thread that Clemson beats OSU by at least 2 touchdowns. Clemson has been so disrespected this year. True, they may not play anyone, but other than NC they have destroyed everyone else, and usually pull their starters midway through the 3rd quarter. LSU/Clemson will be a great matchup.

Y'all jacked up about that bowl game with Memphis? :rolleyes:

I so totally agree with you on this. I LOVE PSU, but I have teams that I really like. I don't think Clemson ever gets much respect, nor LSU. I'd love to see them in the championship game. Now as to OSU, I'd be a fan of anyone who beats them, same with Bama. 

I'll be cheering for my team in the Cotton Bowl for sure!


 

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

 

-- Jack Lambert --

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Cacao said:

I like college football and really want to love it.  But, this time of the year shows me why I cannot grow to love it.  It's anticlimactic.  4 teams in a playoff??  4?  The are 200 bowl games and only 3 have any relevance to them.  The other 197 are exhibition games for players to bolster their draft selection.  

Better than 6 years ago when the national championship was a popularity contest that depended on the opinions of the sports writers.

I love the bowl games, love watching teams play out of conference. I talk a lot of :censored: about the SEC being the best, but they've had horrible bowl showings the last few years.

What I do hate is the new trend of marquee players sitting out bowl games. Believe me, I get it, they could lose millions  of dollars in one game, but it takes so much away from the game. That's what impressed me so much about Saquon Barkley's last game at PSU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, LFG said:

How dare you place an ACC team in the SEC :arghh:

That being said, I stand by my prediction in the other thread that Clemson beats OSU by at least 2 touchdowns. Clemson has been so disrespected this year. True, they may not play anyone, but other than NC they have destroyed everyone else, and usually pull their starters midway through the 3rd quarter. LSU/Clemson will be a great matchup.

Y'all jacked up about that bowl game with Memphis? :rolleyes:

No. Because their coach left.  I beleive coaching changes should not be negotiated or permitted to the completion of the season. Only thing good about this bowl is Texas serves up some good steaks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy for our PSU team today.

Happy for LSU and I'm cheering like crazy for Clemson. Herbstreit is about to pee himself, I swear. He's just like hearing Aikman and Buck announce a Cowgirl game. 


 

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

 

-- Jack Lambert --

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2019 at 9:52 AM, LFG said:

How dare you place an ACC team in the SEC :arghh:

That being said, I stand by my prediction in the other thread that Clemson beats OSU by at least 2 touchdowns. Clemson has been so disrespected this year. True, they may not play anyone, but other than NC they have destroyed everyone else, and usually pull their starters midway through the 3rd quarter. LSU/Clemson will be a great matchup.

Y'all jacked up about that bowl game with Memphis? :rolleyes:

I hate tO$U but they got jobbed. If Urbie was still coaching they would have gotten all of those close calls. The completed pass, fumble, that was overturned was one of the worst calls I have ever seen.


All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. George Orwell.

Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat, but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires. John Steinbeck.

Freedom isn't free, so stop whining and pay your taxes. Me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, watoos said:

I hate tO$U but they got jobbed. If Urbie was still coaching they would have gotten all of those close calls. The completed pass, fumble, that was overturned was one of the worst calls I have ever seen.

Karma and pay back are both a b****!!!:Cool_049:


"Any man who can safely drive a car while kissing a pretty girl, simply isn't giving the kiss the attention it deserves"... Albert Einstein

"And how can we win, when fools be king?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, old farm boy said:

Karma and pay back are both a b****!!!:Cool_049:

Yeah I dislike tO$U a lot. I remember when a professor turned in running back Maurice Clarette for never going to class, she almost got fired. I remember when their quarterback got caught speeding in a car that was owned by a dealership, he claimed he was on a test drive 300 miles from the dealership. 

The wrestling coaches covered up the pervert doctor for years and they got nothing out of it while Penn State almost got the death penalty.


All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. George Orwell.

Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat, but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires. John Steinbeck.

Freedom isn't free, so stop whining and pay your taxes. Me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, watoos said:

Yeah I dislike tO$U a lot. I remember when a professor turned in running back Maurice Clarette for never going to class, she almost got fired. I remember when their quarterback got caught speeding in a car that was owned by a dealership, he claimed he was on a test drive 300 miles from the dealership. 

The wrestling coaches covered up the pervert doctor for years and they got nothing out of it while Penn State almost got the death penalty.

Why hasn't anything been done about the cover up? I've been asking that since the story broke...where is the NCAA now? Where is the investigation? Where is the daily coverage on all of the major news outlets? Oh and same thing with Michigan State...WTH???


 

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

 

-- Jack Lambert --

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, watoos said:

Yeah I dislike tO$U a lot. I remember when a professor turned in running back Maurice Clarette for never going to class, she almost got fired. I remember when their quarterback got caught speeding in a car that was owned by a dealership, he claimed he was on a test drive 300 miles from the dealership. 

The wrestling coaches covered up the pervert doctor for years and they got nothing out of it while Penn State almost got the death penalty.

You can go all the way back to 1978 and the Woody Hayes "rope-a-dope" incident. 


"Any man who can safely drive a car while kissing a pretty girl, simply isn't giving the kiss the attention it deserves"... Albert Einstein

"And how can we win, when fools be king?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2019 at 10:11 AM, watoos said:

I hate tO$U but they got jobbed. If Urbie was still coaching they would have gotten all of those close calls. The completed pass, fumble, that was overturned was one of the worst calls I have ever seen.

Agree 100%. OSU physically beat Clemson Saturday night. Some badly timed 4th down penalties that kept Clemson on the field, 3 questionable calls, and the game changing targeting penalty handed the game to Clemson. They should have lost. Now I have to hear this :censored: from them for the next two weeks. I hope LSU beats them worse than they beat OK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soooo, who is everyone cheering for on Monday night? I like both teams, so whoever wins, I'll be happy for them.


 

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

 

-- Jack Lambert --

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, steelnut said:

Soooo, who is everyone cheering for on Monday night? I like both teams, so whoever wins, I'll be happy for them.

LSU

As a Gamecock, I can't face the thought of Clemson winning this game. Before the 2016 win they still hadn't shut up about '81.

This would be the biggest win in the history of Clemson football. Beating the SEC again. Beating LSU in LA. Beating the Heisman quarterback with the most votes ever. They are the underdog. Back to back championships. 3 in 4 years. All year everyone has disrespected them because "they don't play anybody". I'll never hear the end of it. Dabo will be canonized :arghh:

I hope LSU wins by 50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2020 at 7:32 PM, LFG said:

LSU

As a Gamecock, I can't face the thought of Clemson winning this game. Before the 2016 win they still hadn't shut up about '81.

This would be the biggest win in the history of Clemson football. Beating the SEC again. Beating LSU in LA. Beating the Heisman quarterback with the most votes ever. They are the underdog. Back to back championships. 3 in 4 years. All year everyone has disrespected them because "they don't play anybody". I'll never hear the end of it. Dabo will be canonized :arghh:

I hope LSU wins by 50

Lol, I just can't wait to see it, I'm hoping it's a really good game!


 

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

 

-- Jack Lambert --

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


×
×
  • Create New...