GoDuBois.com
Bon

Imagine My Surprise As I’m Reading The Courier Express

SPONSOR:  

Imagine my surprise, as I’m reading the Courier Express Police reports, & I see my son’s accident in there!! The accident happened a year ago yesterday.

I called the Courier about it, & some young girl said they already were told about it. Then she started laughing & saying these things happen all the time.

She stopped laughing when I said I’m his mother!! She couldn’t apologize enough then.

There will be a correction & I hope an apology in the paper tomorrow.

My stomach has had a knot in it since then 🥺😢😔 🙏🏻💜🙏🏻

19 minutes ago, Bon said:

Imagine my surprise, as I’m reading the Courier Express Police reports, & I see my son’s accident in there!! The accident happened a year ago yesterday.

I called the Courier about it, & some young girl said they already were told about it. Then she started laughing & saying these things happen all the time.

She stopped laughing when I said I’m his mother!! She couldn’t apologize enough then.

sorry to hear.....no one needs their day ruined …..

1 hour ago, Bon said:

I'm so sorry that this happened to you Bon. I saw it too and did a double take. Just unbelievable. 

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

This is what they printed today:

Correction
Due to a typographical mistake, the police reports for Dec. 30, 2018, were inadvertently published in Monday’s edition. We apologize for the error and any distress it caused.

____________________________________________________________________________________
Any distress it caused. 
SMH, 🤦‍♀️, what it caused is reliving 3 PSP Troopers, & the Coroner coming to our house. What it caused is finding out your child (yes, I know he was 27) burned up alive screaming Help Me, Somebody help me, Get me out of here. 27 seconds is how long he lived, 27 seconds is all the longer it takes for the plastic wires to burn your lungs & die. It has caused me to relook at his car pictures & wonder what happened that he rolled the car & ended up in a woody patch off the Hwy.

I had finally felt a peace come over me on Sunday after I had my cry. I don’t know if it was God or if it was Joe saying he is ok. 
Now that peace is gone...........

This was laziness and carelessness on the Courier's part.  They are doing a much better job on the whole, but still have some bad habits.  This is one that needs cured immediately.  I would want a complete explanation of how it happened because they screwed up some kind of a protocol.

I'm sorry Bon.  You were such a trooper when it happened.  :(  Go play with that wonderful child today!

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

14 hours ago, Bon said:

some young girl said they already were told about it. Then she started laughing

That would of fired me up even more. Absolutely no excuse for the way she acted.

"" The measure of success is where preparation and opportunity meet ""

7 minutes ago, BillyC said:

That would of fired me up even more. Absolutely no excuse for the way she acted.

That’s what pissed me off the most. You do not laugh about a police report that has to do with death. You have no idea who you are talking to on the end. That’s what happened yesterday, as soon as I said “I’m his mother” she got quiet, then started apologizing.

I am so very sorry you had to experience the trauma again through such a careless mistake. I am angry for you at the lack of compassion that was shown to you by the Courier staff.  It's inexcusable. 

May you find some peace today as you mark this a horrible anniversary.  Much love to your family.  

5 hours ago, Bon said:

Correction
Due to a typographical mistake, the police reports for Dec. 30, 2018, were inadvertently published in Monday’s edition. We apologize for the error and any distress it caused.

____________________________________________________________________________________
Any distress it caused. 
SMH, 🤦‍♀️, what it caused is reliving 3 PSP Troopers, & the Coroner coming to our house. What it caused is finding out your child (yes, I know he was 27) burned up alive screaming Help Me, Somebody help me, Get me out of here. 27 seconds is how long he lived, 27 seconds is all the longer it takes for the plastic wires to burn your lungs & die. It has caused me to relook at his car pictures & wonder what happened that he rolled the car & ended up in a woody patch off the Hwy.

I had finally felt a peace come over me on Sunday after I had my cry. I don’t know if it was God or if it was Joe saying he is ok. 

Oh my god, Bon, that's awful. I just can't imagine, especially this time of year. 

If I can give you any small consolation at all, somehow I missed this story the first time around. Either you never talked about it here, or I just didn't see it, but I had no idea. You must be an incredibly strong woman to take the hand you have been dealt in the last 12 months and still laugh at some of the stupid :censored: I say...

That is awful for you, Bon and pretty sad for the newspaper.  And then they wonder why nobody believes what they write anymore.

Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you...  Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal. Aristotle
First God created idiots.  That was for practice. Then He created school boards. Mark Twain
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. George Santayana

11 hours ago, Bon said:

Correction

Any distress it caused. 

I'm so sorry Bon. I saw the typo mistake that they printed today, how ridiculous. How could they possibly print year old police reports, they would most likely be archived. I don't get it at all. And there just isn't any excuse at all for causing you and your family the pain of reliving everything again. Hubby and I talked, we've been loyal CE subscribers for many years, but I think this is the last straw for us. 

I'm wishing you and the family a happy, safe and blessed New Year. Take care!

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

This is so sad, and I am sorry for the trauma this has caused you. Grief is difficult on its own, but to have this happen is reprehensible.  The Courier Express needs to make a heartfelt, genuine apology and put it on the front page using the same amount of space that Monday’s repeat article took up and be sincere.  Will it happen?  I think so if enough people “encouraged” them to do so (read cancel subscriptions and encourage others to do the same.). This is a disgrace!