GoDuBois.com
Bon

Imagine My Surprise As I’m Reading The Courier Express

SPONSOR:  

4 minutes ago, sunflake said:

Pretty sure he was my student at Penfield.  I read that and thought, I must be losing it, I thought that already happened..  so sorry.

Brandi & Joe were both your students.

50 minutes ago, sunflake said:

Pretty sure he was my student at Penfield.  I read that and thought, I must be losing it, I thought that already happened..  so sorry.

Did you not just have a serious loss in your own family?

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

19 hours ago, LFG said:

Oh my god, Bon, that's awful. I just can't imagine, especially this time of year. 

If I can give you any small consolation at all, somehow I missed this story the first time around. Either you never talked about it here, or I just didn't see it, but I had no idea. You must be an incredibly strong woman to take the hand you have been dealt in the last 12 months and still laugh at some of the stupid :censored: I say...

Bon has had a whole lot of tragedy in her life and she continues to truck along, keeping her family and her God in touch.  She's a good example to have.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

4 minutes ago, Petee said:

Bon has had a whole lot of tragedy in her life and she continues to truck along, keeping her family and her God in touch.  She's a good example to have.

Thanks Petee!! I don’t think my life has been any different or difficult then most people. I just talk about my journey through life. 

Maybe not a lot different, but severe tragedies, yes.  I've always been impressed by your stamina and enthusiasm, and your love of nature.

Albert Einstein

10 hours ago, sunflake said:

Yes, my husband died yesterday.  my son in law November 30..  Pretty sure you knew my husband Don..

So sorry for the loss of your husband and your son in law. Sending thoughts and prayers for you and yours. 

Just to let you all know, I went to the CE this past Monday & talked to the publisher. The editor was on vacation & will be back this coming week. 
I told the publisher what happened & told him I wanted an apology from the girl face to face. He said he would look into it. He wasn’t happy with her laughing. I will be getting a phone call this coming week. 🤞

9 minutes ago, Bon said:

Just to let you all know, I went to the CE this past Monday & talked to the publisher. The editor was on vacation & will be back this coming week. 
I told the publisher what happened & told him I wanted an apology from the girl face to face. He said he would look into it. He wasn’t happy with her laughing. I will be getting a phone call this coming week. 🤞

There needs to be an apology editorial from the editor....not just the tiny,minuscule printed message buried in the paper.

2 hours ago, Bon said:

I get why you want an aplogy and you deserve one but the only thing about demanding an apology from the girl is that it most likely won't be sincere. Just words said because she has to. Does that really help? 

I kind of agree because she's probably young enough that she has no sense of propriety yet.  That comes with experience, possibly something she will learn by having to face you right in front of her boss.  

You may want to explain your son's death to her in detail.  She needs to serious up!

Albert Einstein

11 hours ago, Lyndsey33 said:

I get why you want an aplogy and you deserve one but the only thing about demanding an apology from the girl is that it most likely won't be sincere. Just words said because she has to. Does that really help? 

8 hours ago, Petee said:

I kind of agree because she's probably young enough that she has no sense of propriety yet.  That comes with experience, possibly something she will learn by having to face you right in front of her boss.  

You may want to explain your son's death to her in detail.  She needs to serious up!

I understand what you both are saying. If anyone knows the details of his death, they wouldn’t laugh. 

5 hours ago, Bon said:

I understand what you both are saying. If anyone knows the details of his death, they wouldn’t laugh. 

5 hours ago, Bon said:

Maybe you can be the way she grows up a lot faster.  If you walk away from her mad, then she may even feel justified in some weird way, but if you give her a good explanation (and also to whoever let this be republished).  Help her to rise above the level at which she could laugh and help her grow some sincere compassion. It may help to take your husband and daughter also.  Let her see the enormity of the loss.

Albert Einstein

I understand your hurt at seeing this printed by mistake BUT Your original post says she couldn't apologize enough in your phone conversation as soon as you said you were his mother.  Many people have a nervous laugh at inappropriate times.  She apologized.  I don't understand what you are looking for.  The paper printed a retraction. I really don't think anything will please you.  Examine where the anger is coming from and what continuing to rehash it or republishing it helps?

I lost my brother in eerily similar circumstances, he was 27. It tortured me for years, imagining his last moments, no closure of a viewing.   People who knew him still ask about him, many not being in the area at the time, not knowing.  It sucks.  It hurts.  I stammer a reply and move past.  I get that your grief is very raw and you are heartbroken but I think your broken heart wants too much from this situation.  You got an apology.  Continue to grieve and heal but honestly, your pain is at his death, not this situation.  

Someone mentioned your faith in this thread.  How about giving some grace to the girl in this situation? Sometimes it's best to give it to God and let go. 

4 hours ago, momtothree said:

I lost my brother in eerily similar circumstances, he was 27. It tortured me for years, imagining his last moments, no closure of a viewing.   People who knew him still ask about him, many not being in the area at the time, not knowing.  It sucks.  It hurts.  I stammer a reply and move past. 

I’m so sorry, I wish I could give you a hug. Was this recent?