Jump to content
GoDuBois.com
Pompeii

How about a new Club?

SPONSOR:  

Recommended Posts

I think it's going to depend on your internet provider mostly. We use comcast and the package prices really change when we select features. My Xfinity cell phone is only $3/month and I watch data usage like a hawk. $12/gig (shared) so far is working out.  If I drop cable but keep internet it only saves 20 bucks. The bottom line is they got us right where they want us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, _Rusty_ said:

I think it's going to depend on your internet provider mostly. We use comcast and the package prices really change when we select features. My Xfinity cell phone is only $3/month and I watch data usage like a hawk. $12/gig (shared) so far is working out.  If I drop cable but keep internet it only saves 20 bucks. The bottom line is they got us right where they want us.

That's why the club will be informative for everyone.  You can have the same plan and the same features and might be paying  $50 a month more than your neighbor with exactly the same thing.  There are hundreds of tips out there to save money and most support reps won't tell you unless you ask. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the reps I have talked top are too stupid to ask. Remember one who kept coming up with packages that cost more and could not understand the words "We hate sports. Stop trying to give us a sports ppackage."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lyndsey33 said:

Another repeated subject is cell phone carriers .  People seem to ask about that a lot too. Not trying to hijack the cable idea. Just putting that out there. 

I think that is a great idea....  Looks like we have our next club. :thanks:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, leahbarn said:

Most of the reps I have talked top are too stupid to ask. Remember one who kept coming up with packages that cost more and could not understand the words "We hate sports. Stop trying to give us a sports ppackage."

You need to keep calling back. It took us 3 times in the last few days and we finally got a great rep who saved us $70 a month. We changed packages and just got rid of a few channels that we don't watch any longer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Pompeii said:

You need to keep calling back. It took us 3 times in the last few days and we finally got a great rep who saved us $70 a month. We changed packages and just got rid of a few channels that we don't watch any longer. 

Yeah, why am I paying for that stupid Big10 network? :barf:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr Pompeii, too bad we live where we do.  Id love to get one of those new HDTV  window antenna's.  I don't need all these package stations.  The problem is those antenna's are only good within 60 miles of stations or urban satellite areas.   Out here they are useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, LFG said:

Yeah, why am I paying for that stupid Big10 network? :barf:

That's easy to answer - you live in "Nittany Nation" and therefore can - like many many others who are so blessed - watch the Penn State games - and maybe even be able to listen to the Penn State Blue Band. :horn:

 

Is that Straub beer or Rolling Rock beer that you drank too much of?  :drinks:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, etsaunt said:

SOOOO you can watch good football!!!!:yahoo:

Yeah, I can't wait to cheer on that Big10 team Monday ni...

Oh yeah, that's right :(

Sorry Steve, we have Netflix and Prime. Amazing programming that will keep you enthralled for about 6 months, then you will wait 2 years for the next season of Ozark to be released :arghh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The New Club "Cable Cutters" is now set-up.

Members,  can you please "JOIN The Club" if you are interested in cutting cable prices and/or the cable cord for streaming your TV channels .... thank you.

http://www.godubois.com/index.php?/clubs/3-the-cable-cutters-club/

 

ccc.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have & hate as we call them Crap-o- media, we need internet, but total Q month bill with low level package of some local & loads of crap plus net is $125.00/month. Help!!!!!


Dobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dobby said:

Have & hate as we call them Crap-o- media, we need internet, but total Q month bill with low level package of some local & loads of crap plus net is $125.00/month. Help!!!!!

How much is just your internet cost without any channels?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's tied in with this fee & that fee. How about an internet provider that's NOT with any cable company that I can get? No dtv,no zitomedia, no Comcast, no Xfinity,. Just an internet plan. Trust me I hate the lake & always have & always will, but I'm stuck here til death of myself or other half. Where I am I cannot get any other cable/internet combo because I can't go & cut down my own trees or other people's trees. I don't need the tv !!!! I've wanted rid of it a long time!!! So what is a internet company that fits my local?

Thanks for this club & helping as you all always do😙


Dobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dobby said:

It's tied in with this fee & that fee. How about an internet provider that's NOT with any cable company that I can get? No dtv,no zitomedia, no Comcast, no Xfinity,. Just an internet plan. Trust me I hate the lake & always have & always will, but I'm stuck here til death of myself or other half. Where I am I cannot get any other cable/internet combo because I can't go & cut down my own trees or other people's trees. I don't need the tv !!!! I've wanted rid of it a long time!!! So what is a internet company that fits my local?

Thanks for this club & helping as you all always do😙

Kinetic (AKA Windstream) is just internet. I have no idea if it's available in TL. It's advertised as 'new & improved'. 😎

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple guys out of NY, contracted with Windstream, were looking around my property yesterday locating existing poles for a project to run fiber lines. Unfortunately for me my old copper service runs 1000 ft underground to a pole that only services one other house and that line runs another 2500 ft on poles to another road to catch service. I will never see fiber to my house😣


"I am the master of my unspoken words and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...