GoDuBois.com
Pompeii

How about a new Club?

SPONSOR:  

I've looked into internet for my local & if it'd work Hugh's net would be $100.00+ without tv.  Still searching & Please keep input going for the CLUB😎

Dobby

On 1/6/2020 at 11:48 PM, Pompeii said:

You need to keep calling back. It took us 3 times in the last few days and we finally got a great rep who saved us $70 a month. We changed packages and just got rid of a few channels that we don't watch any longer. 

So what company is the one you talked with after 3X ?

Dobby

53 minutes ago, Dobby said:

I've looked into internet for my local & if it'd work Hugh's net would be $100.00+ without tv.  Still searching & Please keep input going for the CLUB😎

Maybe start an 'internet only' (or whatever you want to call it) topic in The Cable Cutters Club? 🤔 You'll have to join the club before you can post but I think you'll get more input.🤞 🙂

http://www.godubois.com/index.php?/forums/forum/73-cable-cutters-forum/

2 hours ago, Dobby said:

So what company is the one you talked with after 3X ?

xfinity

On 1/17/2020 at 9:50 PM, busrolls36 said:

What is the difference in HD TV and regular? We have Xfinity and when I switch to the normal channels, it goes to the newer ones? I really don't see the difference

Most broadcasters updated to HD signal strength several years ago, and when they first did that there were separate channels for HD and non HD. For example, here, the CBS affiliate channel would be 7, and the new HD channel would be 707. Now if you click on channel 7 it automatically takes you to the HD channel. HD broadcast is pretty much the standard now, though some are moving to 4K and even 8K.

If you were to go back and see non HD TV now, you would see the difference, especially if you have an upgraded television. 4K can be amazing depending on the television and broadcasting. What's amazing to me is it seems the best picture comes from 4K streaming services, like Netflix. 

Well, dropped the tv / cable part of crap - o - media. We still have internet via them cause of the lack of company's available. But I'm quite happy with my new situation!! And I highly recommend anyone that's in my situation SHOULD DO THE SAME 😉!!

Dobby