GoDuBois.com

wideopeneats.com

When it comes to sandwiches, the South knows best. This Southern Pineapple Sandwich is loaded with mayonnaise, and has gained quite the following.
LFG, Is this one of your comfort foods ?

2 hours ago, mr.d said:

wideopeneats.com

When it comes to sandwiches, the South knows best. This Southern Pineapple Sandwich is loaded with mayonnaise, and has gained quite the following.
LFG, Is this one of your comfort foods ?

:nono::barf:

10 hours ago, LFG said:

To be completely honest, I've seen my grandmother eat this nastiness, but she was from VA. Those mountains up there do something to people :lol:

That is considered the south 😁

I agree with you...nastiness. 🥴🤢🤮

8 hours ago, lavender said:

Seems like a waste of a tasty ingredient that could be part of a pineapple upsidedown cake. 

Sorry, but yuck. My mil used to make them all the time, then she would ask if we all wanted some. We would say no, then she would say I thought you liked that cake, & we would say no. My hubby would say no mom, you’re the only one who likes that cake. Turn around and she would do it all over again. Why? Because she got a good deal on canned pineapple!! 🤦‍♀️🥴🤐😉

No one turns down my Pineapple Upside Down cake, especially me, which is why I haven't made one in the last 6 months.

The next time I open a can of pineapple, I intend to use a slice of bread and make 1/4 with mayonnaise and 1/4 with Miracle Whip. It will be about 2 bites.   I'll see what the excitement might be about a Pineapple Sandwich and then I'll let you know.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

6 hours ago, Bon said:

Sorry, but yuck. My mil used to make them all the time, then she would ask if we all wanted some. We would say no, then she would say I thought you liked that cake, & we would say no. My hubby would say no mom, you’re the only one who likes that cake. Turn around and she would do it all over again. Why? Because she got a good deal on canned pineapple!! 🤦‍♀️🥴🤐😉

The thrifty generation rules! You eat what is on sale. :D

I swear, these people down here, puts Mam-O- Naze on their waffles and in their sweet tea.

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

3 hours ago, Petee said:

No one turns down my Pineapple Upside Down cake, especially me, which is why I haven't made one in the last 6 months.

The next time I open a can of pineapple, I intend to use a slice of bread and make 1/4 with mayonnaise and 1/4 with Miracle Whip. It will be about 2 bites.   I'll see what the excitement might be about a Pineapple Sandwich and then I'll let you know.

th?id=OIP.WLWBNo88nRfvfuVtbaz_9QHaFj&w=2

Well, tonight was no real supper night, just whatever leftovers could be found in the fridge, so I decided it might be the time for the experiment.

I found a can of Pineapple Rings in Heavy Syrup in the basement storage, drained two rings, used one slice of a light grain bread, cut it in half and used mayo on the bottom half and Miracle Whip on the top half.  I added a broken pineapple ring to each 1/4 of the sandwich and actually it was quite good!  Each section ended up being 4 bites. The Miracle Whip was best as it had some tang to offset the sweetness of the pineapple.  The Mayo was OK, but not as good.  The bread was basically only there to hold it all together.  It reminded me of a Waldorf Salad type flavor.  I think I will do it again, maybe with a thin slice of ham added.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

If we ever have another GoDuBois picnic, then I'll bring tasters!

Albert Einstein