GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

Accident - 91.4 Westbound - I-80 EXIT 97 WEST CLOSED

Reported accident (tractor-trailer rollover, possible entrapment, fuel spill) in area of 91.4 mm Westbound on I-80.  Time 7:47 AM. St.4 and ambulance to respond. Use caution in the area.  Reported both lanes are blocked.   UPDATE --- St.38,36 to Close EXIT 97 Westbound down.    PSP requesting St.1 for traffic control at Rt.219/28 (Sheetz) intersection in Brockway.

I - 080

Last Updated: 01/14/2020 08:27:41 AM
County: Jefferson County
Municipality: WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP
Description: Multi vehicle crash on I-80 westbound between Exit 97: US 219 - DUBOIS/BROCKWAY and Exit 90: PA 0830 EAST - DUBOIS REGIONAL AIRPORT. All lanes closed.

UPDATE: Section of I-80 closed due to crash, fuel spill

by: Bill Shannon

Posted:

UPDATE: 11:45 a.m.

I-80 between the 97/DuBois-Brockway exit in Clearfield County and the 81/Hazen exit in Jefferson County has reopened with one lane.

The detour has been lifted, but traffic will still likely be slow as the passing/left lane is still closed going westbound.

CLEARFIELD, PA – PennDOT is alerting drivers that I-80 westbound is closed between the 97/DuBois-Brockway exit in Clearfield County and the 81/Hazen exit in Jefferson County on Tuesday morning.

The closure, caused by a commercial vehicle crash, is said to be in effect for ‘several hours.’ Crews are currently on the scene and will need to clean up fuel that has spilled onto the roadways as well.

Traffic is being detoured off the Interstate at exit 97 and will follow a detour using Route 219 North into Brockway and Route 28 South through Hazen and into Brookville before reconnecting with I-80 at the 81 interchanges.

Stay with WTAJ as we continue to gather more information, including when I-80 is reopened.

You can continue to stay up to date with traffic and conditions across the state at 511pa.com.