GoDuBois.com

2 hours ago, Bon said:

What is the black flag for?

To kill roaches, of course!

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.   Thomas Jefferson

...I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want.      Muhammad Ali

I'm not really sure... when DuBois and Sandy Schools merged the school colors were Red w/white stripe and DuBois used Black w/white stripe.the result as we see it today is Red/Black/White. The far right flag might be Penna. Overall though, that is not the band following.  I was just surprised to see the Stars and Bars being paraded down Long Ave.

17 hours ago, _Rusty_ said:

I'm not really sure... when DuBois and Sandy Schools merged the school colors were Red w/white stripe and DuBois used Black w/white stripe.the result as we see it today is Red/Black/White. The far right flag might be Penna. Overall though, that is not the band following.  I was just surprised to see the Stars and Bars being paraded down Long Ave.

American heritage was important in this way, and in those 'Jim Crow' Days...……...we have come a long ways since......

39 minutes ago, DuBoiser said:

Yep - the KKK did have its presence in DuBois.

and Brockway area.  I once dated a guy from there whose relatives had original KKK uniforms in their attic from their ancestors who had resided in the area.

Every day is a gift from God; that's why we call it the "present!"