GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

Kentucky Student Expelled From Christian School Over Rainbow Shirt And Cake

SPONSOR:  

Published

Kentucky student expelled from private Christian school over rainbow shirt and cake, mom claims

Kentucky student expelled from private Christian school over rainbow shirt and cake, mom claims

A Kentucky student is claiming she was expelled from her private Christian school over a rainbow shirt and cake. The school, however, says there is more to the story.

A Louisville, Ky. high school student is claiming she was expelled over a photo of her posing with her birthday cake — because the cake and the sweater she was wearing were both decorated with rainbows.

However, the private Christian school denies the allegations, and claims there is more to the story.

Kayla Kenney was celebrating her 15th birthday with family when her mom, Kimberly Alford, snapped a photo of Kenney smiling with her cake, and posted the picture on Facebook.

“She was happy, she looked beautiful,” Alford told WAVE.

Alford said that shortly after she posted the photo, she was contacted by the head of Whitefield Academy, Dr. Bruce Jacobson, who informed her that Kenney, who had been attending the private school for four years, was expelled because of the social media post.

Kimberly Alford said that her daughter Kayla's shirt and cake were not intended to make any kind of statement.

Kimberly Alford said that her daughter Kayla's shirt and cake were not intended to make any kind of statement. (Kimberly Alford)

According to Alford, she claims the Kentucky school informed her that the color of her daughter’s cake and the sweater she was wearing was “demonstrat[ing] a posture of morality and cultural acceptance contrary to that of Whitefield Academy’s beliefs.” Rainbow is often used as a symbol for LGBTQ+.

Alford has said that the shirt and cake were not used to make a statement about orientation and that her daughter is not gay.

“There was nothing intended by [the rainbow color], and even when I went back and got the receipt from the bakery, it didn’t say anything about representation, it just said assorted colors,” Alford said to WAVE.

In a statement to Fox News, the school, however, maintains that the decision was not “solely for a social media post,” but because of violations of the student code of conduct “numerous times over the past two years.”

“In the fall, we met with the student to give her a final chance to begin to adhere to our code of conduct. Unfortunately, she did not live up to the agreement, and therefore, has been expelled,” the statement read.

“Whitefield Academy is a Christian-based school with a 43-year history of educating students in a learning environment informed by our shared Christian values. All parents who enroll their children in our private school know up front that we ask the students to adhere to a lifestyle informed by our Christian beliefs.”

The school did not explicitly state what the “numerous” violations were, or whether they occurred on campus or outside of the school. According to Whitefield Academy’s Code of Conduct, students can be punished for “lifestyle violations” that happen off-campus.

Alford claims the school would not meet with her, but changed the expulsion to a voluntary withdrawal. The mom has since enrolled Kenney in public school, but is appealing the expulsion at Whitefield.

“You know we teach our kids ‘what would Jesus do?’" Alford said to WAVE. "What would he do here?”

Kimberly Alford was not immediately available to talk when contacted.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      SEE VIDEO    ;    https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/kentucky-student-expelled-christian-school-rainbow-shirt-cake

I guess I would have to know of her past behavior to make a judgement.  However, it must be noted that in the case of Noah in the Bible, the Lord put his "bow" (rainbow) in the sky as a sign he would never destroy the earth by water again.

Every day is a gift from God; that's why we call it the "present!"

Now I am a very traditional Christian, but even I agree this is out of line.  Even if she was gay it's still not acceptable. 

I believe it's wrong to be gay, (that how I view my faith)  but I'll support and respect their choice.  They need to have rights just like us, blacks.   It's between them a God to figure out, why should I get in the way just because I don't agree with it?   

35 minutes ago, JimmyPete said:

Now I am a very traditional Christian, but even I agree this is out of line.  Even if she was gay it's still not acceptable. 

I believe it's wrong to be gay, (that how I view my faith)  but I'll support and respect their choice.  They need to have rights just like us, blacks.   It's between them a God to figure out, why should I get in the way just because I don't agree with it?   

being gay is a "choice" ????

I was going to post a link, but even with a warning the language is so vulgar that I'm sure it would be reported and taken down.

That being said, if you have that sense of humor, go on YouTube and look up "Ralphie May: I want the rainbow back"

Ralphie was one of my favorite comics, he didn't hold anything back against anyone. The clip I am referring to has vile, horrible language with explicit sexual references, so if you don't want to hear it don't watch it. If you have the sense of humor I do, it's a very fitting clip to go along with this story. What if the young girl just likes rainbows?

49 minutes ago, conservativeman633 said:

For some it is, for some it isn't.   Both sides on that issue cant seem to agree, believing it is only one way or the other.   Well, they both are wrong - it isn't black or white, there are many shades of gray in between.  

I personally know some that chose to be gay, and I know others that it appears to be their natural thing.   Doesn't bother me either way, doesn't effect me either way.   More power to them, I wish them and everyone else happiness. 

1 hour ago, conservativeman633 said:

1 hour ago, JimmyPete said:

Well my friend who is gay told me he decided to be gay.... Some people might be born gay, some might choose. It doesn't make a difference

I don't think this is a question straight people can comprehend. Being gay might be a choice for some people, I don't know, but I knew my little brother was gay before he did. No kidding, he was effeminate and had the stereotypical affectations when he was 5 or 6 years old. He was proof to me that at least some homosexuals are born that way

1 minute ago, LFG said:

I don't think this is a question straight people can comprehend. Being gay might be a choice for some people, I don't know, but I knew my little brother was gay before he did. No kidding, he was effeminate and had the stereotypical affectations when he was 5 or 6 years old. He was proof to me that some, if not all, homosexuals are born that way

My brother is gay, and I'm pretty sure he was born gay.  ...he never had any attractions to females at all.  I think I came to the conclusion he was gay long before he knew it himself.

One of my female cousins - started straight, ended up choosing to be gay.  ..although she does find some guys attractive.  After her ex-husband, she chose to go the other way.

Just now, dubois_15801 said:

My brother is gay, and I'm pretty sure he was born gay.  ...he never had any attractions to females at all.  I think I came to the conclusion he was gay long before he knew it himself.

One of my female cousins - started straight, ended up choosing to be gay.  ..although she does find some guys attractive.  After her ex-husband, she chose to go the other way.

Now, I'm sure the ratio of women who chose to be gay is exponentially higher than that of men. 

Look at the options when you switch teams. And the obligations...

1 minute ago, LFG said:

I'm not completely ignorant, I am familiar enough to know that if I were on the team I would be considered a bear :lol:

You sound like a very supportive brother! :Cool_049:

:dancer: You must be the change you wish to see in the world- Ghandi :dancer:

3 minutes ago, Georgie_girl said:

You sound like a very supportive brother! :Cool_049:

I really did know years before he did. He came out when he was 19. He told me first before he told mom and dad. It started with "I have to tell you something" and ended with me saying "Well no s**t" :lol:

I'm in Fox Township for a Christening a while back. Toward the end of the service the priest was blessing the child. He said while he was blessing her if anyone had a request for a personal blessing they could speak up. I leaned over to a nephew who I fish with and whispered "My fly rod is in the truck. I should go get it."  The priest walks around the perimeter of the family and friends and walks by my sons and nephews (some strapping young men). With a wry smile no eye contact  he says" So if anyone wants anything blessed, just whip it out and I'll bless it for you." Whoa I thought . I looked at my sister, the grandmother of the child, and saw her reaction. Her jaw didn't drop but her eyes went wide as she turned her gaze to the priest. This priest already displayed some of the traits LFG described but the overtness of the comment was telling at least. So when I read the reaction of the school to this girl's attire and cake well, its seems like too harsh a punishment. 

How times have changed!  I remember in the 60's when my sister belonged to the "Rainbow Girls" :

International Order of Rainbow for Girls. Rainbow is a non-profit, service-oriented organization that teaches girls three basic virtues: Faith in a Supreme Being and other people, having Hope in all that they do, and Charity toward others.

5 minutes ago, DuBoiser said:

How times have changed.  I remember in the 60's when my sister belonged to the "Rainbow Girls" :

International Order of Rainbow for Girls. Rainbow is a non-profit, service-oriented organization that teaches girls three basic virtues: Faith in a Supreme Being and other people, having Hope in all that they do, and Charity toward others.

Think that's bad? Try dressing like a ghost down here at Halloween