GoDuBois.com
mr.d

Vegan Runner Asks Neighbors To Close Windows When Cooking Meat

SPONSOR:  

Published

Vegan runner asks neighbors to close windows when cooking meat with 'offensive' odor

Fox News Flash top headlines for March 3

Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com.

A self-proclaimed "vegan runner" from Berkeley, California received backlash on Saturday after asking neighbors to close their windows when cooking meat because the smells were 'overpowering and offensive.'

The rant was posted to @BestNextDoor -- an account that houses neighborhood drama -- which showed the runner had requested nearby residents only barbeque vegetables because it's "always hard for me this time of year when the weather starts warming up."

"Several nights a week I'm out running around dinnertime and when people have their windows open I can smell what they are cooking," the request said. "I've noticed a sharp uptick recently in smells of folks cooking meat and it can be quite overpowering."

A self-proclaimed "vegan runner" in California received backlash on Saturday after boldly asking neighbors to close their windows when cooking meat because the smells were 'overpowering and offensive.'<br data-cke-eol="1">

A self-proclaimed "vegan runner" in California received backlash on Saturday after boldly asking neighbors to close their windows when cooking meat because the smells were 'overpowering and offensive.'<br data-cke-eol="1"> (iStock)

"Quite honestly the odor is offensive and I'm hoping our community can have some empathy for its #plantbased neighbors by closing their windows if they are cooking meat and only putting vegetables on their bbq," the runner added.

They didn't want to be a stereotype but suggested people should "join the movement" should do some research on why the odor of cooking animals is offensive.

The post, directed to people in the area as "What's up neighborhood, one love," received backlash on Twitter.

"'I don’t want to be a stereotype' at the end of a multi-paragraph whine about how hard it is being vegan. This is performance art," a user concluded.

"As a carnivore bbq chef, it’s always hard for me this time of year when the weather starts warming up and vegan runners start running by my windows," another said.

"You know what else smells terrible? Runners. Have some respect, exercise indoors with all the windows locked," another wrote.

Another person said they would "roast an entire goat right outside just to spite him."

Some people came to the runners' defense online, agreeing that the smell of barbeque can be overwhelming.

"Try being vegan in Texas. My redneck neighbors over the back fence are hunters, and have two smokers in their backyard. The whole neighborhood is smoky for weeks on end, and my dogs smell like bacon whenever they come in from the backyard," a vegan user responded.

Meanwhile, in Berkeley...

View image on Twitter

"I live in Texas and I eat meat, & I completely sympathize with you - that smoky smell permeates everything. I really hope you and your neighbors are friends & they are worth the inconvenience. Also, you could breed dogs. Bacon lovers would pay a fortune for 'bacon-scented' pets," another wrote.                          https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/vegan-runner-asks-neighbors-close-windows-when-cooking-meat-with-offensive-odor

Just another case of the Few demanding the Many to conform to their world or else! When will this type of behavior stop? As long as we let them dictate the way we live our lives, it will only get worse! The world is becoming more bizarre every day! Enough is enough!

"I am the master of my unspoken words and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken"

I think the runner needs to alter their run schedule so as not to be offended by the "awful" smell of cooking meat.  Perhaps vegan runner is afraid of being tempted to fall off their high horse and to eat some protein that grew up to be a steak. 

"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse." - Thomas Jefferson

There are some smells from bbq meats I don’t like, but I don’t ask my neighborhood not to cook them!!

In the winter I get migraines from the ones who burn wood to supplement their heat source when the temps drop. I don’t ask the neighbors not to do that, they need to keep their familIt’s warm.

In the Spring, Summer, & Fall when the air is nice enough to have the windows open in the evening, someone usually decides to burn their garbage or have a fire outside. I don’t ask the neighborhood not to do that. I close the windows & turn the A.C. on for an hour.

What makes her think she’s so special that she can ask the neighborhood to bow to her rules/desires? If she wants special treatment, then she needs to move to where there are hardly any houses or to the country!!

I might be so inclined to grill in the front yard instead. I grill year round and probably use the smoker at least once a month. We have a very animal high protein diet and believe it or not my blood work is excellent.