GoDuBois.com
mr.d

Pa.Rest Areas Closed

SPONSOR:  

1 hour ago, conservativeman633 said:

I have known & and worked with many leaders who work with unions and the ALL rely on unions to let them know when situations may not work, and good leaders cooperate.  It is the way it is done.   

They rely on the unions to deliver the vote. 

5 hours ago, conservativeman633 said:

well, ...uh...yeah...?

So Wolf is the sort of politician who abandons what he believes to be in the public interest if the lobby is powerful enough? And if it not? If a small local business NEEDS to stay open to pay bills and keep workers solvent would their interests be considered? Bet not. What a guy! I see why he has your admiration. 

10 hours ago, lavender said:

So Wolf is the sort of politician who abandons what he believes to be in the public interest if the lobby is powerful enough? And if it not? If a small local business NEEDS to stay open to pay bills and keep workers solvent would their interests be considered? Bet not. What a guy! I see why he has your admiration. 

Those lobbies are part of what leaders rely on for good info...………...public well-being has to be weighed in all decisions

Governor Wolf is following the proper steps to resolve issues.  He did not open the rest stops again due to any protests, it was a well planned out move to get the public's attention and compliance.  The Federal government is providing guidance to governors and finances to carry out the process.  All is well.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, conservativeman633 said:

Those lobbies are part of what leaders rely on for good info...………...public well-being has to be weighed in all decisions

Do you think the oil companies and the pharmaceutical companies, for example,  provide "good information?" When you get information from a source that has a financial interest it is inevitably biased. And along with the "information" perhaps  they get meals, jaunts, contributions to their favorite charities and things that are best left  unmentioned. As an educator you should realize that you go to a primary source for your information not to a source that is paid to make it conform to special interests. 

2 hours ago, lavender said:

Do you think the oil companies and the pharmaceutical companies, for example,  provide "good information?" When you get information from a source that has a financial interest it is inevitably biased. And along with the "information" perhaps  they get meals, jaunts, contributions to their favorite charities and things that are best left  unmentioned. As an educator you should realize that you go to a primary source for your information not to a source that is paid to make it conform to special interests. 

bias needs to be made aware of, but the rest is valuable info...…..

…………????educator?

4 hours ago, Petee said:

Governor Wolf is following the proper steps to resolve issues.  He did not open the rest stops again due to any protests, it was a well planned out move to get the public's attention and compliance.  The Federal government is providing guidance to governors and finances to carry out the process.  All is well.

A issue he created.

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

PennDOT reopens additional rest areas closed due to virus outbreak

by CBS 21 News

436e6d5c-33fe-4b39-b4bf-4abe15af8ad7-lar
PennDOT.PNG
facebook.svgtwitter.svgemail.svg

HARRISBURG, PA — PennDot is reopening indoor facilities at 23 rest areas across Pennsylvania to all motorists. This includes the 13 facilities in critical locations that were reopened March 18th with portable restrooms and handwashing facilities. The rest areas were temporarily closed statewide on March 17th due to Governor Tom Wolf’s COVID-19 mitigation response.

“While unnecessary travel is discouraged as we all do our part to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19, we understand that some trips are necessary and that access to rest areas is important,” said Acting PennDOT Secretary Yassmin Gramian.

All reopened rest areas will return to normal service with additional cleaning and maintenance

The department will continue to evaluate and determine whether additional rest areas can be reopened.

A complete list of open locations is below:

-Interstate 79 northbound in Allegheny County, 8 miles north of Exit 45;

-Interstate 79 northbound in Crawford County, 8 miles north of Exit 154;

-Interstate 79 southbound in Crawford County, 3 miles south of Exit 166;

-Interstate 79 northbound in Lawrence County, 3.5 miles north of Exit 105;

-Interstate 79 southbound in Lawrence County, 3.5 miles south of Exit 113

-Interstate 79 northbound in Mercer County, 5 miles south of Exit 141;

-Interstate 79 southbound in Mercer County, 6 miles north of Exit 130;

-Interstate 80 eastbound in Centre County, 13 miles east of Exit 133;

-Interstate 80 westbound in Centre County, .5 miles west of Exit 147;

-Interstate 80 eastbound in Jefferson County, 1 mile east of Exit 86;

-Interstate 80 westbound in Jefferson County, 10 miles west of Exit 97;

-Interstate 80 eastbound in Montour County, 4.5 miles east of Exit 215;

-Interstate 80 westbound in Montour County, 4.5 miles west of Exit 224;

-Interstate 80 eastbound in Venango County, .5 miles east of Exit 29;

-Interstate 80 westbound in Venango County, 4 miles west of Exit 35;

-Interstate 81 northbound in Cumberland County, .5 miles north of Exit 37;

-Interstate 81 southbound in Cumberland County, 5.5 miles south of Exit 44;

-Interstate 81 northbound in Lackawanna County, .5 miles north of Exit 202;

-Interstate 81 northbound in Luzerne County, 1.5 miles north of Exit 155;

-Interstate 81 southbound in Luzerne County, 1.5 miles south of Exit 159;

-Interstate 81 southbound in Susquehanna County, 4 miles south of Exit 211;

-Interstate 84 eastbound in Pike County, 6 miles east of Exit 20; and

-Interstate 84 westbound in Pike County, 1 mile west of Exit 26.                                                                       https://wjactv.com/news/local/penndot-reopens-additional-rest-areas

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 10:10 AM, conservativeman633 said:

Lobbies line pockets.  I wish policitians wore suits like Nascar driver wear their sponsor's logos so we could see who is lining their pockets. 

"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse." - Thomas Jefferson

4 hours ago, disgruntled said:

Lobbies line pockets.  I wish policitians wore suits like Nascar driver wear their sponsor's logos so we could see who is lining their pockets. 

good point------------past actions &  money sources are the two best ways to judge a candidate...…….the worst possible way is to believe what they say, yet this is the #1 method most rely on......

He alone does not make the decisions. There is an entire team of experts from the federal government working on advising the governors. Everyone wants to call the shots till they are the one who will pay the piper for them.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

3 hours ago, conservativeman633 said:

good point------------past actions &  money sources are the two best ways to judge a candidate...…….the worst possible way is to believe what they say, yet this is the #1 method most rely on......

Isn't this a bit hypocritical? You expect us to believe what you say and demand that we prove you wrong. Let us apply the same standards to all. 

I am not a politician here.   I am sincere in the last post (as in all posts)

It is a bit difficult to believe in your sincerity when you refuse to practice what you preach. We are chastised and told we are losers because you can't accept our thoughts and the proof that we provide when you oppose everything that is posted and can't back up any of the thoughts that you pull out of your left ear. All of those wonderful statistics that appear no where except in your posts are a case in point. We get it you hate Donald Trump but that doesn't make everyone who thinks that he has a good idea now and then "lower than a snakes belly" as they say in Texas. Open your mind up and enjoy the spring breezes. 

13 hours ago, lavender said:

It is a bit difficult to believe in your sincerity when you refuse to practice what you preach. We are chastised and told we are losers because you can't accept our thoughts and the proof that we provide when you oppose everything that is posted and can't back up any of the thoughts that you pull out of your left ear. All of those wonderful statistics that appear no where except in your posts are a case in point. We get it you hate Donald Trump but that doesn't make everyone who thinks that he has a good idea now and then "lower than a snakes belly" as they say in Texas. Open your mind up and enjoy the spring breezes. 

??????????    I would like to get an example of such a post of mine on this forum.....you will find none.    I do not believe this is the forum for political discussion of this sort. Perhaps it is being confused with the 'debate forum'...??

I gave advise and comment on this forum with good intentions, now somehow it gets twisted.     Please refrain from these kind of actions. Thanks.

On 3/24/2020 at 10:53 PM, Petee said:

He alone does not make the decisions. There is an entire team of experts from the federal government working on advising the governors. Everyone wants to call the shots till they are the one who will pay the piper for them.

If I was Trump, I would let the governor's decide when to open their states.

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

??????????    I would like to get an example of such a post of mine on this forum.....you will find none.    I do not believe this is the forum for political discussion of this sort. Perhaps it is being confused with the 'debate forum'...??

I gave advise and comment on this forum with good intentions, now somehow it gets twisted.     Please refrain from these kind of actions. Thanks.

Back to your retreat position? I'm not your researcher and if I am misposting I'm sure Steve will call me on it. What is sauce for the goose.........