GoDuBois.com

Did ours and mom's.  Just a reminder, there are older folks out there who need assistance with theirs.  It's a nice thing to offer to do theirs online for them.  

Every day is a gift from God; that's why we call it the "present!"

Why would anyone object or be offended to the ethnicity request?  

I find it quite interesting to learn from past Census results the ethnicity of family or friends of past family members during searches.

What's is there to be offended by?

Well this is still coming up. The Federal Govt. suspended all activity related to the census until after June 1, so we haven't even been given training yet. According to a published report May 20th, Treasure Lake has only had a 25% response compared to 67% for West Sandy. I guess I know where I'll be walking around anyway. :bigfoot:

Worked in the Census office in 1990 and was an enumerator, going door to door, in 2000.  Completed my Census questions early, but keep getting forms saying that they didn't  receive mine. This is typical  for what happened  before, so if someone  knocks at your door, please be kind. They are just doing their job. Also, you may get a knock at the door asking for empty houses, former buildings beside you that burned down, camps, etc. These places didn't answer so workers have to check up. Postal workers were my best friends during those days. They answered many questions  on empty buildings. Just be kind, thank you!

On 4/21/2020 at 11:03 AM, Titan said:

I find it quite interesting to learn from past Census results the ethnicity of family or friends of past family members during searches.

Because it is nobody's business what mama was doing the year of your birth. What is hiding in the woodpile should stay in the woodpile. It is a question of privacy not offense. 

On 3/23/2020 at 3:24 PM, _Rusty_ said:

I'm thinking if everyone did that then I wouldn't have been offered the job. 

It's a option for those who will not answer their door!

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

On 3/24/2020 at 9:14 AM, sapphire said:

Lots of Amish households with lots of kids. He'll be plenty busy. 😋

I'm assuming all traveling Census Takers will be required to wear a mask since they will be visiting people's homes.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

If you want tax money divided up in a way that INCLUDES your ethnic identity, location and family, then how will they know if you don't tell them.  Those who hide will still benefit from federal money, but not as well.

Albert Einstein

11 hours ago, lavender said:

Because it is nobody's business what mama was doing the year of your birth. What is hiding in the woodpile should stay in the woodpile. It is a question of privacy not offense. 

11 hours ago, lavender said:

I'm a pretty private person myself, but whether I'm white, german, polish, or italian doesn't surrender privacy.  If you see or talk to a person you can tell a few things about them anyway.  

It's not like you're revealing your thoughts or misdeeds.   

Old thread  ...... yawn.

On 3/24/2020 at 9:50 AM, sapphire said:

I thought it was bizarre that after checking 'white', they wanted to know what kind of 'white'? 😳 I left it at 'white' and clicked. It took me back to the same question. I clicked again and that time, it didn't go back. Problem solved. I'm afraid of what I may have put in that blank if I'd have been pressed to fill it in. 🤫

I put American

Every time the Government IMPOSES new Regulations to Protect Us, we LOSE a Little MORE of our FREEDOMS....

MORE Government = LESS Freedom

13 hours ago, Titan said:

I'm a pretty private person myself, but whether I'm white, german, polish, or italian doesn't surrender privacy.  If you see or talk to a person you can tell a few things about them anyway.  

It's not like you're revealing your thoughts or misdeeds.   

Old thread  ...... yawn.

At one time and maybe still today those questions are surrendering your privacy. I've seen pictures of the "no Irish need apply signs." People are peculiar and what they don't know can't be used against you. 

2 hours ago, lavender said:

At one time and maybe still today those questions are surrendering your privacy. I've seen pictures of the "no Irish need apply signs." People are peculiar and what they don't know can't be used against you. 

image.gif

12 hours ago, pwacm said:

Should it be who rather than what?

Isn't the whole point NOT to identify people by the color of their skin?  Funding dispersed via census numbers goes to areas, not individuals.

Albert Einstein

6 minutes ago, Petee said:

Isn't the whole point NOT to identify people by the color of their skin?  Funding dispersed via census numbers goes to areas, not individuals.

It was a joke. Try it sometime. I wasn't thinking about skin color or anything racist. Because Im not racist. 

1 hour ago, pwacm said:

It was a joke. Try it sometime. I wasn't thinking about skin color or anything racist. Because Im not racist. 

What you were thinking about should not be in a G rated forum. :D Although, I suppose the "who" and "what" were interchangeable. Mea culpa. 

On 4/21/2020 at 11:03 AM, Titan said:

Possibly because I’ve been told, and believe, that I live in a country where your race, creed, color or country of origin do not matter.  So I answered ours “Other: Human”

Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you...  Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal. Aristotle
First God created idiots.  That was for practice. Then He created school boards. Mark Twain
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. George Santayana

22 hours ago, pwacm said:

I wasn't intending to be nasty.  It was just a comment.  Sorry.

Albert Einstein

5 hours ago, bob_rx2000 said:

Possibly because I’ve been told, and believe, that I live in a country where your race, creed, color or country of origin do not matter.  So I answered ours “Other: Human”

I agree completely which is why I see a disconnect in the whole idea.  This has brought attention to the difference in everyone, not blending all humans together as a group, in some ways causing more division.  The thing that binds us is what we all treasure, peace.  That never seems to make the news.

Albert Einstein