GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
Basset3

Florida county commissioner: blow dryer up nose kills coronavirus

SPONSOR:  

Florida county commissioner says blow dryer up nose kills coronavirus

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-county-commissioner-meeting-blow-dryer-up-nose-kills-coronavirus

A Florida county commissioner faced blowback after spreading a debunked claim at an emergency public meeting that sticking a blow dryer up your nose can kill the coronavirus.

“This sounds really goofy - and it did to me too — but it works,” Okeechobee County Commissioner Bryant Culpepper said at the meeting Friday.

“The answer was, you use a blow dryer,” he said, according to the New York Post. “You hold a blow dryer up to your face and you inhale with your nose and it kills all the viruses in your nose.”

“Sometimes, the cures for some of these diseases are very simple.”

The meeting was called so Okeechobee County officials could brief Culpepper and the other elected commissioners on the county's response to the coronavirus pandemic.

Video of the meeting shows Tiffany Collins of the Okeechobee County Health Department responding immediately after Culpepper speaks, saying: “There is lots of misinformation out there.”

Collins urged residents to rely on the advice of their own doctors and not something they see online.

Culpepper on Sunday apologized on Facebook for angry exchanges he had with online critics as well as the “embarrassment” he caused his fellow commissioners and staff, the Post reported.

“I will not offer any more suggestions unless they are tried and proven,” he said, according to the paper.

On Friday, the Associated Press assessed the claim that using a blow dryer to shoot hot air into your sinuses to kill the coronavirus as false—and dangerous.

“False! Please don’t. Our nose carries bacteria, as part of normal flora. Those bacteria may get confused,” Faheem Younus, who specializes in infectious diseases at the University of Maryland, in a tweet knocking down the false claim, according to the AP.

Dr. Jen Caudle, a family physician and associate professor at Rowan University in New Jersey, told the AP that “depending on how hot the blow dryer gets, I would be concerned with some adverse effects.”

Bryant-Culpepper-2-Okeechobee-County-Com

1) "Take off is optional....landing is mandatory"

2)  The secret to a long life is you try not to shorten it.

10 minutes ago, Basset3 said:

That boys cornbread ain't done in the middle.

That reminds me :lol:

Completely off topic, but I heard a new southern phrase yesterday, one of my guys talking about a woman with wide gaps in her teeth:

She could floss with a bar of soap :funny4:

Wow.  Just wow. 

And to think of all the lives in the countries around the world could have been saved with this technique....  (sarcasm) 

"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse." - Thomas Jefferson

I told you all, everyone down here is on dope. 

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.