Jump to content
GoDuBois.com

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Illiterate said:

These strategies of social distancing, containment, etc.  are designed with the concept of slowing down the disease, not to stop it.  Very likely there will be other waves, peaks, and/or 'hotspots' that do occur.  You may escape the first wave, but not the second, or the third, etc.  It is much easier (well, not easy) to treat 200 people than 2000.  Hopefully, COVID will induce at least some temporary immunity, so that when it rolls around again, those infected will not be reinfected.   Each peak There is a possibility this disease could be with us for years or even forever.  It may still kill at lot of people, but since a lot fewer people will be susceptible, the deaths and infections will be less "noticeable'.

That's where a vaccine comes in.  Hopefully, we will have one to keep the forever from happening.


Every day is a gift from God; that's why we call it the "present!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, jaman said:

I think once we get over the "peak" which is the next 10-14 days we should start going back. Read that almost 50,000 have died from the flu this year already.

How about we look at the numbers after that, and see where to proceed.  May need more time before going back.  I think there is a fine line between "crashing" the economy totally and taking care of this virus, too.  We need to find that perfect balance.  Praying that our leaders will figure it out and make the right decisions.  We have a lot of smart people out there working on this.  Just gotta have faith in God and our leaders!


Every day is a gift from God; that's why we call it the "present!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cacao said:

Scientist are working hard to learn if CV-19 infected can become infected again and how quickly.  It's a mixed bag on if the antibodies will kill further infection.  Let's hope all those years in the gym and miles ran have helped build my immune system to battle this thing.  

There are syndromes that can occur due to an over response by your immune system.  The most notable is cytokine storm, which is the reason the Spanish flu affected younger, stronger people with stronger immune systems.  The treatment for those syndromes is some form of immunosuppression.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Polo said:

That's where a vaccine comes in.  Hopefully, we will have one to keep the forever from happening.

But will people get that vaccine? 


"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse." - Thomas Jefferson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's like the flu then who knows?  Too many people take that too lightly also.


"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, disgruntled said:

But will people get that vaccine? 

I sure hope so.  By the time its available, we should get it along with the flu, pneumonia, shingles, and whatever other vaccines we get.


Every day is a gift from God; that's why we call it the "present!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, BillyC said:

I had heard this morning from the BF of a hospital employee that the person is here in DuBois. Didn't want to put that out there yet that i had heard that and , if correct , may not even be this one.

It sounds like in my opinion that the hospital employee and the BF need to stop leaking info that could potentially cause panic or cause issues for those that are sick.  To the public or other individuals.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest allboys
20 minutes ago, Paradox90100 said:

It sounds like in my opinion that the hospital employee and the BF need to stop leaking info that could potentially cause panic or cause issues for those that are sick.  To the public or other individuals.  

I agree.  In addition the PH employee just needs to keep their mouth shut period.  HIPAA does exist. Besides that it is just rumors and gossip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be prudent to provide more information of the locations without compromising the infected individuals in order that the public can better protect themselves by knowing when & where? Clearfield County covers a lot of area and by not disclosing the specifics the public risks are higher by not having proper knowledge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, j10poles said:

Would it be prudent to provide more information of the locations without compromising the infected individuals in order that the public can better protect themselves by knowing when & where? Clearfield County covers a lot of area and by not disclosing the specifics the public risks are higher by not having proper knowledge.

You protect yourself by following the guidelines. 

The risks are the same whether the person is 10 miles or a hundred feet away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Polo said:

How about we look at the numbers after that, and see where to proceed.  May need more time before going back.  I think there is a fine line between "crashing" the economy totally and taking care of this virus, too.  We need to find that perfect balance.  Praying that our leaders will figure it out and make the right decisions.  We have a lot of smart people out there working on this.  Just gotta have faith in God and our leaders!

I have said before here. God is sending US a message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jaman said:

Was just returning a response  directly to Polo on her last comment.  Wasnt debating anyone.. Wasnt hijacking a thread to debate.

No, I know, but I'm up for it over there if you want to :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LFG said:

No, I know, but I'm up for it over there if you want to :D 

A couple days ago I made the same relative comment in the Debate Thread to somebody else..  No response then. I dropped it. :D  Are you going to invite the originator of the comment too?:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, jaman said:

A couple days ago I made the same relative comment in the Debate Thread to somebody else..  No response then. I dropped it. :D  Are you going to invite the originator of the comment too?:lol:

Sure. Was it Steve? :lol:

Bring them on :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wondering. When someone does test positive are they attempting to trace that persons last several days to see just how many people may have come in contact with them? I personally would want to know if i had had contact with someone that tested positive. May or may not make a difference in the end result but i think i'd still like to know.


"" The measure of success is where preparation and opportunity meet ""

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they should ask those that test positive to self disclose who they may have been in contact with so that those people could be vigilant if they have symptoms.  This time of year is hard with allergies and colds and all of the other miscellaneous ailments.  

Start checking in on your loved ones that live alone.  They could be unresponsive and in need of medical care and no one would know until it was too late. 


"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse." - Thomas Jefferson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, disgruntled said:

I think they should ask those that test positive to self disclose who they may have been in contact with so that those people could be vigilant if they have symptoms.  This time of year is hard with allergies and colds and all of the other miscellaneous ailments.  

Start checking in on your loved ones that live alone.  They could be unresponsive and in need of medical care and no one would know until it was too late. 

I disagree. I’ve already seen people on witch hunts for people who are rumored to have it or may have known someone who knows someone.  We don’t ask other people to disclose their illnesses and people they’ve been in contact with.  Why should this be different?  We don’t ask AIDS or Hep-C patients to announce they have it after or before they use a restroom do we?  We could use the argument that those are completely different but the principle is the same.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think they should give an exact location. Because there are people who feel like they don't have to take it seriously. By saying "in Clearfield county" those people will (I hope) think,  "oh crap,  it could be right here in my town! I should follow those guidelines."

 

Whereas if they say "we have one in Town A" there are people who will think "oh, it's not here in Town B,  I don't have to isolate yet." And those people will continue their normal routine.

 

But like disgruntled said,  those that do test positive should be reaching out to anyone they came in contact with while they were contagious to give them a heads up.

 

The people not taking this seriously is alarming. I had someone tell me yesterday that they weren't worried because our population is younger than Italy's.


:dancer: You must be the change you wish to see in the world- Ghandi :dancer:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly who tested positive is no one's business. The person involved and those who they were in contact with are all in Quarantine at home with no symptoms. It has been for a while. There is one person in the hospital at Hershey Medical Center. It is not an employee.


"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Paradox90100 said:

I disagree. I’ve already seen people on witch hunts for people who are rumored to have it or may have known someone who knows someone.  We don’t ask other people to disclose their illnesses and people they’ve been in contact with.  Why should this be different?  We don’t ask AIDS or Hep-C patients to announce they have it after or before they use a restroom do we?  We could use the argument that those are completely different but the principle is the same.  

I'd like to point out that I said "ask" not "require."

It is the responsible thing to do. 

There are upwards of 15 states that REQUIRE people who are aware they have HIV to disclose that to sexual partners before they get jiggy and at least ten that require disclosure to needle-sharers.  Otherwise they can be charged with a crime.  *No, I don't have it.  I watch too much police tv. 

That said, COVID-19 could also kill. 

 


"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse." - Thomas Jefferson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, disgruntled said:

I'd like to point out that I said "ask" not "require."

It is the responsible thing to do. 

There are upwards of 15 states that REQUIRE people who are aware they have HIV to disclose that to sexual partners before they get jiggy and at least ten that require disclosure to needle-sharers.  Otherwise they can be charged with a crime.  *No, I don't have it.  I watch too much police tv. 

That said, COVID-19 could also kill. 

 

I usually agree with you, but I have 2 points here:

1: If you plan to have sex with a stranger right now, I would at least ask them if they have coronavirus 

2. No one is forced to disclose a flu diagnosis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...