GoDuBois.com
allboys

Can someone explain part of proposed stimulus package?

SPONSOR:  

53 minutes ago, allboys said:

Part of the proposed stimulus package is an expansion for unemployment? I am not understanding what exactly it would do. Can anyone explain it for me?

There's nothing to explain yet. They are too busy playing politics to get anything passed.

The State has already waived the usual waiting week. 

My opinion is there will be some kind of extension put in place for people that have or are about to exhaust their UC benefits.

The BIGGEST problem now is the UC Service Centers are flooded with calls and the website is up and down and people can't even open their claims. I know people that have been trying since Friday that can't get through either way.

Think Wolf would extended their hours more and even put on a second shift knowing this was going to be a nightmare for people filing UC claims.

If you sign up and eligible, you would get $600 per week on unemployment. Everyone that is eligible gets the maximum $600

That expires at the end of June and would go back to normal unemployment if you are not back to work at that time.. 

I think that's close to what is on the bill to sign

This stimulus package is BS. Don't get me wrong, if I get my check I admit I'll cash it, but I'm working. My crew is working. Millions of Americans are still working. LFGal and I would qualify for the couple making under $150K, with no kids, so we would get a check for $2400. Why? If you make anywhere near $150K in SC with no kids, are still drawing your paycheck, and you need an additional $2400 because the market is down, then you have a severe money management problem.

People are out of work, got laid off with no warning whatsoever, there are people that are going to need this money much more than we will. It's a BS political move in an election year, and when the election is over who will be taxed the most to pay back what is really a cash advance loan? Couples with no kids making near $150K/year... :arghh:

Well, being a single parent with a college student and no income right now and made under $15,000 a year and only making $9.50 an hour and still haven't received my refund yet, yes I think I am entitled to this money! Yes I could go make more money by working at the hospital but there are far more diseases there than where I am now! But I am happy where I am and continue to do my best

6 minutes ago, busrolls36 said:

Well, being a single parent with a college student and no income right now and made under $15,000 a year and only making $9.50 an hour and still haven't received my refund yet, yes I think I am entitled to this money! Yes I could go make more money by working at the hospital but there are far more diseases there than where I am now! But I am happy where I am and continue to do my best

That's exactly what I mean, there should be focus to where the money goes, not just an arbitrary dump to everyone in the hopes of getting votes in November

1 hour ago, LFG said:

This stimulus package is BS. Don't get me wrong, if I get my check I admit I'll cash it, but I'm working. My crew is working. Millions of Americans are still working. LFGal and I would qualify for the couple making under $150K, with no kids, so we would get a check for $2400. Why? If you make anywhere near $150K in SC with no kids, are still drawing your paycheck, and you need an additional $2400 because the market is down, then you have a severe money management problem.

People are out of work, got laid off with no warning whatsoever, there are people that are going to need this money much more than we will. It's a BS political move in an election year, and when the election is over who will be taxed the most to pay back what is really a cash advance loan? Couples with no kids making near $150K/year... :arghh:

Are you sure you and yours meets the standards for the cash handouts?

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

16 minutes ago, LFG said:

That's exactly what I mean, there should be focus to where the money goes, not just an arbitrary dump to everyone in the hopes of getting votes in November

I wonder if they kept the Supreme Court Salaries, Juvenile Justice, and JFK Center for the Performing Arts.  Wait to AOC and friends get back to vote.

PS You are free to send your stimulus check back to the US Treasury.:D

5 minutes ago, LFG said:

According to one version, yes. If not now, good, but yesterday it was $2400 for a couple making less than $150K/yr

The last noise I heard, was your income had to be changed because of the virus.

If you go to work everyday, as usual, you don't qualify for the handout.

1 minute ago, Pompeii said:

China!!

We can only hope for such rational thinking.

16 minutes ago, fedup said:

The last noise I heard, was your income had to be changed because of the virus.

If you go to work everyday, as usual, you don't qualify for the handout.

Nope.  LFG is right.   Couple making less than $150,000.  Gets 2400.00, plus $300/kid.  No virus impacts needed to qualify. 

The raising of unemployment compensation to $600 and extending the number of weeks you get were the "perks" for those who lost employment because of the virus. 

I am not sure how we can spend our way out of this mess.  Did the 2008 stimulus checks work?

20 minutes ago, MIM307 said:

Nope.  LFG is right.   Couple making less than $150,000.  Gets 2400.00, plus $300/kid.  No virus impacts needed to qualify. 

The raising of unemployment compensation to $600 and extending the number of weeks you get were the "perks" for those who lost employment because of the virus. 

I am not sure how we can spend our way out of this mess.  Did the 2008 stimulus checks work?

So I get 1200 bucks because I am alive?

Just kidding.

I will rely on your post as a fact.

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, jaman said:

REPARATIONS!

Ain't gonna happen.