GoDuBois.com

On 3/27/2020 at 3:34 PM, WMJ77 said:

when wooden spoons put fear into kids minds

My fear was the wooden ruler. LOL However my kids to this day know the fear of the wooden spoon. I've never had to make contact with any of them because they know the sound of mom getting the spoon and it's funny how as soon as they hear that sound everything goes into cease and desist mode. :D

I remember when ...  a teacher was allowed to use a wooden paddle to crack your as* when you misbehaved in class. :o

fgh.jpg

19 hours ago, Pompeii said:

I remember when ...  a teacher was allowed to use a wooden paddle to crack your as* when you misbehaved in class. :o

fgh.jpg

Technically still legal under PA law*, although most districts have implemented policy not to use that.

* PA Title 18, Chapter 5, Subchapter 509.

I had the Board of Education used on me once back in 3rd.   Not long after moving to FL, myself and a girl by the name of Juanita got into trouble(cant remember what) - but her and I both got whacked by the principal of West Shore Elementary in Port Tampa.

19 minutes ago, Pompeii said:

I remember when ...  a teaches was allowed to use a wooden paddle to crack your as* when you misbehaved in class. :o

fgh.jpg

Wow...thinking back I can name a teacher who wacked me in middle school.🤣  I was chewing gum. Times sure have changed! 😁

1 hour ago, Tinyus said:

Wow...thinking back I can name a teacher who wacked me in middle school.🤣  I was chewing gum. Times sure have changed! 😁

I remember Mr. Carlson from Scribner Seventh who paddled me once a week. It really didn't hurt much, just warmed up my butt for a little while :lol:

On 3/27/2020 at 8:06 PM, Bon said:

A time when we left after breakfast & never came home till almost dark. We were in the woods, playing or swimming in the creek, riding our bikes, fishing, hiking up the mt in back of us which was the Caledonia Pike, walking the rr tracks, building treehouses, or maybe all of that in a day. Sometimes the Huff kids & us went camping overnight. We were always doing stuff, & I was the only girl in the group of 5.

Crick not Creek and the AMD healed any wound in a heartbeat.

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

1 hour ago, Pompeii said:

I remember Mr. Carlson from Scribner Seventh who paddled me once a week. It really didn't hurt much, just warmed up my butt for a little while :lol:

Had a few. Scribner was the first one. No paddle. Pizzed off the huge art teacher so bad he grabbed me in one arm and turned me upside down and wailed on my skinny butt with his huge, meaty bare hand.

High school next, the big man in charge of the school got out his weapon of hurt with multiple holes in it. I was told I had 3 cracks coming as I waited in line for my turn. I think I was one of 6 who was getting whacked for walking the halls chanting "WE BEAT PUNXY"

By the 3rd swing my chin was hooked into the far side of his desk.

I have been, forever traumatized by that experience. If I ever get put in jail for something, that will be my defence.

NOT

If the man is still alive don't tell him that the AMAKAS beat my Azz worse for the stupid I made by joining that club.

15 minutes ago, WMJ77 said:

the Reps did too  :yes:

Yep they did.

In my opinion, stupid times two. But hey, back in the day, things were different.

18 hours ago, fedup said:

Crick not Creek and the AMD healed any wound in a heartbeat.

I was going to put crick, but you know how some people are on here about spelling!!

AMD?? My Grandpa Gray cleaned our wounds & put turpentine on them. They didn’t get infected. I think he also used Amway products, but not sure, might be another name.

39 minutes ago, Bon said:

I was going to put crick, but you know how some people are on here about spelling!!

AMD?? My Grandpa Gray cleaned our wounds & put turpentine on them. They didn’t get infected. I think he also used Amway products, but not sure, might be another name.

Acid mine drainage. Remember the pretty orange cricks? I swam in them all summer long. Wounds would heal in no time.

1 hour ago, Bon said:

30 minutes ago, fedup said:

Acid mine drainage. Remember the pretty orange cricks? I swam in them all summer long. Wounds would heal in no time.

Raleigh?

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

When I was 6, the music teacher down the street came to our house to give me my first piano lesson. She cracked my hand with a ruler for looking down at my fingers on the keys. It was my first and last lesson!  My dad was a little disappointed. He won that piano fair and square in a poker game! Lol

2 hours ago, fedup said:

Oh yeah!! Our clothes were orange along with our skin. It’s a wonder we didn’t get sick with everything that was dumped into the crick back then.... Sewage, chickens, garbage, & who knows what else!!

16 minutes ago, Bon said:

Oh yeah!! Our clothes were orange along with our skin. It’s a wonder we didn’t get sick with everything that was dumped into the crick back then.... Sewage, chickens, garbage, & who knows what else!!

Other words you got a tan before tans were popular.