GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
dubois_15801

North American Freedom Chicken

SPONSOR:  

8 hours ago, mr.d said:

I have seen online 3 eagle nests and all 3 have at least 2 eggs in process of hatching.

We slowed down our drive and scanned the trees to see if there was a nest nearby.   ...didn't see one. (not saying there wasn't one within that bird's range)

We saw this on Burkett Hollow Rd, about 800-900ft from E. Branch Rd.   I have a video of it perched.   And one after it took off, and flew down the roadway and out of sight.  (just as hard to see it in videos)

Over the years I've seen them flying up high, but never had a chance to see one perched.  I was driving, and being a telco guy I was looking at the phone lines(even when I'm in another company's turf).  I saw the bird and yelled out "bald eagle, bald eagle".   My old lady said "Where?  Have you been drinking already?". ...which I had to back up to see it again.

Several years ago my daughter and I was heading to Pittsburgh and on Rt.28 just south of Hazen there was eagle picking on a dead deer in middle of road. It did not want to leave deer. We got a bunch of pictures of eagle about 5-6 feet away.  Heard there was a nest back over the hill.   Also Had eagle land in tree in my backyard,must of stopped to rest never saw it again.

1 hour ago, _Rusty_ said:

It took me a long time to spot this guy on my phone! 👀 We know of an active nest in knoxdale and valeer. Maybe one of them... 

Sorry, photography isn't in my skill set.  lol   

Not sure if there is a zoom on my iPhone.   ...can barely operate it as is.   (I'm a landline engineer, not a cellular guy - lol)

24 minutes ago, dubois_15801 said:

Sorry, photography isn't in my skill set.  lol   

Not sure if there is a zoom on my iPhone.   ...can barely operate it as is.   (I'm a landline engineer, not a cellular guy - lol)

You zoom to take a photo the same way you zoom in a picture. It's amazing how far they will zoom in

4 minutes ago, BigT said:

There is nothing more majestic in the bird species in my opinion!

Thank you for sharing the pictures!

The first time I saw him I was shocked how big they are up close, especially the wingspan when they take off. My "majestic" joke was the trashy setting :lol: