GoDuBois.com

Bored Yet?

lavender

• 3 weeks later...

More stuff is blooming. Let's start with the daffodils. I put in a mixed pack several years ago. They were a nice mix with some blooming early and some blooming late. Also a couple of hyacinths. They don't do particularly well in clay soil.

Had to download these from the cloud hense the small pics. My iphone is refusing to send pictures. Driving me crazy. I've tried everything but throwing it against the wall. 

daffodi3.png

Daffodil1.png

daffodil2.png

daffodil4.png

daffodil5.png

daffodil6.png

daffodil7.png

early daffs.JPG

faffodil 8.png

hyacinth1.png

download.png

• 3 weeks later...

Boredom was alleviated by something I found in the greenhouse today. Once upon a time I bought a white bird of paradise plant. I saw them growing in baskets in Florida and thought I got lucky when I found one at Lowe's. There must be more than one kind as this one subsequently grew to 9 or 10 feet tall and has never bloomed. No it hasn't bloomed yet but it did produce something interesting. Lo and behold when I watered today I found an earthstar fungus growing in the pot. Don't have a clue as to where it came from as I have never seen one in the yard. Maybe the spores came in with the potting soil. Who knows?  Isn't it great?

Earth star.JPG