GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
Cacao

We're in the State FINALS!!!

SPONSOR:  

I've

6 hours ago, Lupara said:

As you may know I live in Elk Co. Over the last week like elsewhere glove and mask usage has taken off. The local grocery employees wear PPE as do many customers. I wish Sheetz and other convenience stores would do the same.

I've been thanking people for wearing their gloves when handing me stuff.  Granted it's not a perfect solution, but I think they are more conscious of where they place their hands while wearing gloves.  It's a good reminder of the consequences.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

7 minutes ago, Petee said:

I've

I've been thanking people for wearing their gloves when handing me stuff.  Granted it's not a perfect solution, but I think they are more conscious of where they place their hands while wearing gloves.  It's a good reminder of the consequences.

I saw somewhere recently it is considered impolite in China not to wear a mask in public during these times. After I thought about that I thought that is probably a good way to look at it.

1 hour ago, Petee said:

I've

Bilo Brockway employees are now wearing masks and gloves today.

Wearing gloves is great until that person starts treating their now gloved hands just like  ungloved hands and touch their face, blow their nose and touch items from multiple people who may not have been as sanitary as you. Now this person is touching everything with their "protective " gloves and just passing the 25-50 people's germs/bacteria/virus on to you. They should be sanitizing their gloves between every customer or person that they or you come in contact with. Just because you wear gloves this doesn't make your hands magical that bacteria/virus can't be passed on to others. You need to be just as or even more cautious that YOU don't spread Bacteria/virus on to others. 

Mine are changed every time they are used before going to another location. You are perfectly right, they're not just to protect yourself, they are also to protect others from you.

It's kind of hard to find boxes of them now, so if you see them, grab a box, not all of them, just what you can use.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, BeeMan71 said:

Wearing gloves is great until that person starts treating their now gloved hands just like  ungloved hands and touch their face, blow their nose and touch items from multiple people who may not have been as sanitary as you. Now this person is touching everything with their "protective " gloves and just passing the 25-50 people's germs/bacteria/virus on to you. They should be sanitizing their gloves between every customer or person that they or you come in contact with. Just because you wear gloves this doesn't make your hands magical that bacteria/virus can't be passed on to others. You need to be just as or even more cautious that YOU don't spread Bacteria/virus on to others. 

2 hours ago, Petee said:

Mine are changed every time they are used before going to another location. You are perfectly right, they're not just to protect yourself, they are also to protect others from you.

It's kind of hard to find boxes of them now, so if you see them, grab a box, not all of them, just what you can use.

Unless you are 'single-tasking', like the guy making your sandwich at Subway or a nurse caring for a single patient, gloves are fairly useless.  The better way, though more awkward, is probably the one-glove approach.  You use the gloved hand for all your necessary touching (pushing a cart, selecting items, opening doors, etc).  The ungloved hand touches nothing, except your own personal, sanitized items or things you know have been sanitized.  For example, you use your ungloved hand to take out your money from your purse or pocket, but recieve your change with the gloved hand.  Basically, you keep the ungloved hand for all 'clean' activities and the gloved hand for all dirty activities.  Amazing watch people shopping while wearing gloves, then reach into their purse, while wearing the gloves, to get their money.  Wearing 2 gloves, you really should be sanitizing the gloves between every touching event, else you are potentially spreading it from a dirty location to a clean.  So, after moving things around to get that fresh milk from the back of the cooler, you should sanitize before pawing through the chicken breasts.   But, even with both hands gloved, one hand should only be for clean activites and the other for dirty activities.

23 hours ago, jaman said:

Bilo Brockway employees are now wearing masks and gloves today.

When I was there their masks were around their necks but cashiers still wearing gloves. Also heard an interesting conversation the cashier was telling the person ahead of me who was wearing her mask " I just think they are making a big deal out of nothing. It's (virus) no different than addiction or cancer and they aren't making a big deal over those."  :pound:  followed by an eye roll...just told myself everyone has an opinion and went to the car. 

19 hours ago, Illiterate said:

Unless you are 'single-tasking', like the guy making your sandwich at Subway or a nurse caring for a single patient, gloves are fairly useless.  The better way, though more awkward, is probably the one-glove approach.  You use the gloved hand for all your necessary touching (pushing a cart, selecting items, opening doors, etc).  The ungloved hand touches nothing, except your own personal, sanitized items or things you know have been sanitized.  For example, you use your ungloved hand to take out your money from your purse or pocket, but recieve your change with the gloved hand.  Basically, you keep the ungloved hand for all 'clean' activities and the gloved hand for all dirty activities.  Amazing watch people shopping while wearing gloves, then reach into their purse, while wearing the gloves, to get their money.  Wearing 2 gloves, you really should be sanitizing the gloves between every touching event, else you are potentially spreading it from a dirty location to a clean.  So, after moving things around to get that fresh milk from the back of the cooler, you should sanitize before pawing through the chicken breasts.   But, even with both hands gloved, one hand should only be for clean activites and the other for dirty activities.

I don't touch money till I have had it for several days.  Any change I get is dropped into a plastic cup by the cashier which is only at drive up windows.

I've forgotten where the hotel is where they wash and dry all money every night.

Albert Einstein

12 minutes ago, Petee said:

I don't touch money till I have had it for several days.  Any change I get is dropped into a plastic cup by the cashier which is only at drive up windows.

I've forgotten where the hotel is where they wash and dry all money every night.

I think it was the Westin St. Francis Hotel in San Francisco. It was on "Dirty Jobs".

8 minutes ago, LFG said:

That reminds me, Ozark season 3 is out for anyone looking for something good on Netflix while they are home :good:

I dont have Netflix. But sounds interesting. Arent the "Ozarks" and "Appalachian" Moonshiners cousins?

1 minute ago, jaman said:

I dont have Netflix. But sounds interesting. Arent the "Ozarks" and "Appalachian" Moonshiners cousins?

I think Ozark hillbillies are more closely related to y'all than us :lol:

We'll claim the NC hillbillies, but once you get over that Manson/Nixon line...

6 minutes ago, LFG said:

I think Ozark hillbillies are more closely related to y'all than us :lol:

We'll claim the NC hillbillies, but once you get over that Manson/Nixon line...

When I think of the southern hillbilies, the movie 'Deliverance" always comes to mind.....

Just now, Illiterate said:

When I think of the southern hillbilies, the movie 'Deliverance" always comes to mind.....

I have a signed copy of the book, no joke.

And that's an unfair stereotype. I can barely play a banjo

31 minutes ago, LFG said:

That reminds me, Ozark season 3 is out for anyone looking for something good on Netflix while they are home :good:

We just finished season 1.  It's really good.  Gonna work our way through season 2 this weekend.