GoDuBois.com
Cacao

Penn Highlands Layoff 600 Employees

SPONSOR:  

I heard about this 2 weeks ago and hoped it wasn't true.  This is what happens when the government puts a stop to elective procedures.  Also, imagine how many people who were sick that did not go to the hospital, and should have,  because of all the CV19 hype.  The flu...the regular flu...whatever happened to that?

http://www.thecourierexpress.com/coronavirus/penn-highlands-healthcare-cuts-staff-by-600-to-ensure-financial-stability-due-to-pandemic/article_625fa24b-fa08-5a0c-8f8e-48412d6e2092.html?fbclid=IwAR0cGOkaYChEDNDglbGGbNoNPKM1rdngSukgtWnqYF4i_gLN4CVfu3Qt34Q#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

21 minutes ago, Cacao said:

I heard about this 2 weeks ago and hoped it wasn't true.  This is what happens when the government puts a stop to elective procedures.  Also, imagine how many people who were sick that did not go to the hospital, and should have,  because of all the CV19 hype.  The flu...the regular flu...whatever happened to that?

http://www.thecourierexpress.com/coronavirus/penn-highlands-healthcare-cuts-staff-by-600-to-ensure-financial-stability-due-to-pandemic/article_625fa24b-fa08-5a0c-8f8e-48412d6e2092.html?fbclid=IwAR0cGOkaYChEDNDglbGGbNoNPKM1rdngSukgtWnqYF4i_gLN4CVfu3Qt34Q#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Most hospitals in Western Pennsylvania have open beds.  Good news is Covid 19 didnt hit max levels. Bad news people getting laid off due to no elective surgeries.

1 hour ago, Cacao said:

Your post is spot on. My friends who are employed there said this is due to very low numbers. Lack of elective surgeries, lack of in person Dr appts and people just staying away from hospitals in general. The rumors going around already on Facebook about why this is happening is just ridiculous.  I'm glad the 1st post on here was not an assumption.

gantdaily.com
about an hour ago

Norman said the decrease has necessitated furloughing roughly 600 of Penn Highlands 4,400 employees. The furloughs are as follows: PH Brookville – 24; PH Clearfield – 43; PH DuBois – 338; PH Elk – 65; PH Huntingdon – 66; and Penn Highlands Corporate offices – 49.
Read the full story here: http://ht.ly/Hchg30qy8pr

safe_image.php?d=AQDCsvsPb4wqw4e_&w=476&

Penn highlands pulled the trigger on a massive layoff very quickly. I can tell you that they have no intention on ever bringing many of these people back.  There are some other motives behind this and let’s call it advantageous timing. 

Furthermore, penn highlands is not protecting employees.  Non essential personnel that could be working from home is not being permitted to. Social distancing and mask wearing protocols are not being followed. 

5 hours ago, Cacao said:

http://www.thecourierexpress.com/coronavirus/penn-highlands-healthcare-cuts-staff-by-600-to-ensure-financial-stability-due-to-pandemic/article_625fa24b-fa08-5a0c-8f8e-48412d6e2092.html?fbclid=IwAR0cGOkaYChEDNDglbGGbNoNPKM1rdngSukgtWnqYF4i_gLN4CVfu3Qt34Q#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socia

they had barely cancelled elective surgeries two weeks ago. Think about that 

7 minutes ago, Tinyus said:

Are they still remodeling the hospital ?I know last time I was there , the parking lot was a disaster and they were shuttling patients.

The 5 star cafeteria was supposed to have an open house in March. You are correct

1 hour ago, YourBoy said:

Penn highlands pulled the trigger on a massive layoff very quickly. I can tell you that they have no intention on ever bringing many of these people back.  There are some other motives behind this and let’s call it advantageous timing. 

Furthermore, penn highlands is not protecting employees.  Non essential personnel that could be working from home is not being permitted to. Social distancing and mask wearing protocols are not being followed. 

Lay offs are occurring nationwide in the hospital segment so I give little credence to your theory. 

6 hours ago, Cacao said:

22 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Lay offs are occurring nationwide in the hospital segment so I give little credence to your theory. 

When any business loses income, they have to lay off employees but when it picks back up, they will need to call those people back.  In the meantime, that's what Unemployment Compensation is meant for.  As soon as people and doctors feel safe to resume regular activities, then there should be a big surge of catching up which should mean bigger income. This is what the Stimulus Bill was designed for, to make sure that businesses would be able to keep their employees.

I'm sure the flu was there this winter and the numbers will be coming out.  It's just not news worthy at this time.

The slow down of elective procedures was a result of anticipating much higher numbers of critical Covid patients than happened luckily.  They had to keep beds open for patients and personnel available to care for critical patients who didn't appear.  It was a blessing.

We have so much to be grateful for.  Digging for the negative does nothing for anyone but cause unnecessary stress.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

9 minutes ago, Lyndsey33 said:

It's actually really nice. Don't knock it till u see it.

thanks....we did some work in there

To achieve the title of old and wise, you must first be young and dumb :P

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak. :P

11 minutes ago, Lyndsey33 said:

It's actually really nice. Don't knock it till u see it.

Lyndsey...I worked there for 25 + years,  🤔so that's why I said it. I have seen many layoffs there as well. So I do feel bad for  the employees. I have seen many changes! 

Nurses were the grease that kept all the cogs moving.