GoDuBois.com

Bread Machine Recipes

Pompeii

This has been a staple lately. It originally was a whole wheat roll recipe but works just as well with regular flour making a loaf of bread.

In order into the machine:

1 1/4 cu water

2 tbs. oil

4 tbs. honey

1 1/2 tsp salt

4 cu flour

1 tbs. yeast

Dough cycle until ready.  Place in pan. Cover with plastic wrap.  Let rise for 40 to 60 min. Our convection oven on bake takes 25 to 30 min at 350*.  Golden brown or an internal temperature of 180*

A pic appears in the Bread Recipes Topic.

Made soft pretzels this afternoon with my daughter. Easy. Really easy. Versatile kitchen gadget when you start googling recipes. We'll stick with this version. 25lb. bags of flour for hotels and restaurants are showing up in the local grocery at about 50 cents a pound. Sauteed a tablespoon of minced leeks to mellow them.  Blended them into 8 ozs of cream cheese for a spread. I can see jalapenos and cheddar in the near future.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/soft-giant-pretzels/

20200418_151755.jpg

10 hours ago, Basset3 said:

Has anyone used their crockpot for making bread?

No but it occurs to me since you said this that the large round ceramic in one of our crockpots could be used in the oven. Temps called for bread baking range in the high 300's to low 400's so I suppose you could use the whole unit.

2 hours ago, Lupara said:

No but it occurs to me since you said this that the large round ceramic in one of our crockpots could be used in the oven. Temps called for bread baking range in the high 300's to low 400's so I suppose you could use the whole unit.

Found one...have to try this one.  Sounds easy enough.

Slow Cooker Bread
Although this dough has no color, it is light and airy, like the soft inside of a loaf of French bread. The other surprising part is ... More
Level: Easy
Total: 3 hr (includes cooling time)
Active: 15 min
Yield: 1 loaf
Share This Recipe
Ingredients
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for the pan

1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast 

1 1/2 teaspoons sugar 

1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt 

2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour (see Cook's Note) 

Directions
Special equipment: a 6-by-3-inch round pan; a 6- to 8-quart slow cooker
Butter a 6-by-3-inch round pan and set aside.
Combine the butter, yeast, sugar, salt and 1 cup warm water in a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment. With the mixer on low speed, add 1/2 cup of the flour at a time, waiting for each addition to be fully incorporated before adding more. Once all of the flour is added, knead on medium speed for 8 minutes.  
Transfer the dough to the prepared pan, transfer the pan to a 6- to 8-quart slow cooker and cover with the lid. Cook on high until the internal temperature of the bread registers 200 degrees F, about 2 hours. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a rack and let cool completely.
Cook’s Note
When measuring flour, we spoon it into a dry measuring cup and level off excess. (Scooping directly from the bag compacts the flour, resulting in dry baked goods.)