Sign in to follow this  
pstan

Stimulus Checks

SPONSOR:  

2 hours ago, fedup said:

And a lot poorer.

2 hours ago, fedup said:

And a lot poorer.

What?  You're not entitled to Welfare, Employment Insurance, Unemployment Compensation and you're not getting a stimulus check?  You can't get free food at any number of sources, there's no programs to cover your fuel bills, rent, a house mortgage, gas isn't cheaper, you can still buy booze and liquor, watch movies from home, cook on the BBQ, you can get a free cell phone if needed, what has made you poorer in the long run?  Your stocks won't rebound, probably even higher than they were?

I'm not directing this specifically at your comment, but at everyone out there whining.  What is we lived in a nation not as powerful, well supplied and forward thinking as ours?  No one is perfect, but they have nailed all levels of problems once they were identified and are continuing to do so.  I would have run away a long time ago because who wants to be THE one to handle this nonsense and a lot of nasty, selfish people, all standing around with their hands out but unwilling to do anything as simple as wearing a mask and gloves in order to get it?

I think I'm going to blow!!!! :P  Thanks for letting me spout!

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

14 minutes ago, Petee said:

So, how about going for the most possible masks and gloves?  Obviously some people will always be stupid and selfish and deserve whatever they get, but pity those around them.  How about a reward for those who are doing it right?  What, an Atta Boy?  How about a store selecting so many of those who are protecting themselves and others with masks and gloves and giving them something like a select discount given at the door when they enter per person.  

No veterans going to the VA are permitted in without a mask.  They have them at the door, donated by some beautiful soul out there who loves them and what this country stands for!  They are also patriots.  For those who refuse to wear a mask to save our country, go to China!!

I think your reaction speaks for itself.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

Guest Guest ziggy

I have not received mine yet and do not feel one bit guilty about taking it, even though I really haven't been affected by this whole thing other than the stay at home order ( which I'm happy to do to in order to put this to an end as soon as possible.) remember the 08 financial crisis when they bailed out the banks GM , Chrysler and on and on! It's the taxpayers money any how. We're recieving a pittance of what they spent bailing the big guys out. 

Enjoy it, and pay your bills.  That's what it was sent for!

However, you can't bankrupt the country, especially now when other countries may be more well off....and they could have missiles.  That problem will not go away regardless.

Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, Petee said:

What?  You're not entitled to Welfare, Employment Insurance, Unemployment Compensation and you're not getting a stimulus check?  You can't get free food at any number of sources, there's no programs to cover your fuel bills, rent, a house mortgage, gas isn't cheaper, you can still buy booze and liquor, watch movies from home, cook on the BBQ, you can get a free cell phone if needed, what has made you poorer in the long run?  Your stocks won't rebound, probably even higher than they were?

I'm not directing this specifically at your comment, but at everyone out there whining.  What is we lived in a nation not as powerful, well supplied and forward thinking as ours?  No one is perfect, but they have nailed all levels of problems once they were identified and are continuing to do so.  I would have run away a long time ago because who wants to be THE one to handle this nonsense and a lot of nasty, selfish people, all standing around with their hands out but unwilling to do anything as simple as wearing a mask and gloves in order to get it?

I think I'm going to blow!!!! :P  Thanks for letting me spout!

Can't have good hot tea if the spout does not blow.

First off, I don't believe in government freebies. But they are here so we can skip that discussion.

I believe that most people wants to work and pay their own way. A lot of those people are not working right now. That can be depressing to some. Then add in the loss of freedoms they have had their whole lives, living in a free country.  That's even more depressing.

The free 1200 bucks covered my rent for one month. But I am one of the lucky few in America. I think. I still have a job.

Let's do some fedup basic math. Every day a person can't work, that person loses a day's pay. That same person owes what that day cost them to live that day. So, everyday that a person does not work, it costs that person 2 day's pay. The pay that person did not make plus the bills that couldn't be paid for that day. How many days has people not worked????  The losses grow quickly. Some people has a nest egg they can draw from but I think most people live paycheck to paycheck, no matter how much money they make. 

So when things start up again, what's really going to happen? Businesses are somewhat in the same boat as individuals. They ain't making money during the shutdown either. The luckier ones are just hanging on for the startup. What will be the first thing they need in the startup? MONEY. If the working man/woman is flat broke and in the hole. They ain't gonna be spending the money that the businesses need.

NOW WHAT????

It's easy to read the writing on the wall. This shutdown is gonna cause huge problems for years and everyday that it lasts, those problems will grow.

America has to go back to work NOW.

If you have a strong heart, try this shocking fedup math.

Add up every penny you spent last year to survive the life your living. Every penny. Now divide that number by 365. That's what it is costing you PER DAY.

Most people work 5 days a week, so how much money do you need to make in those 5 days to cover the 2 day's a week that you ain't working and earning money along with the 5 days you do work?

Now take all those numbers and put yourself in the same place of those that are not working since the shut down.

Then double those numbers per day. 

That's what this shutdown is costing those that ain't allowed to work.

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

19 hours ago, jaman said:

No surprise. Tvs and computers. Next stop? a case of beer.

GOOD GRIEF

Beer is the first stop🍻

18 hours ago, Lyndsey33 said:

I don't wear one either and I stay away from people like I'm supposed to at the store. I do use the hand sanitizer when I'm done before getting in my vehicle. If i do have to wear one I'm going to be very claustrophobic and not wear it right anyways.

I have not seen any solid proof that they actually work in the public's world.

3 hours ago, Petee said:

So, how about going for the most possible masks and gloves?  Obviously some people will always be stupid and selfish and deserve whatever they get, but pity those around them.  How about a reward for those who are doing it right?  What, an Atta Boy?  How about a store selecting so many of those who are protecting themselves and others with masks and gloves and giving them something like a select discount given at the door when they enter per person.  

No veterans going to the VA are permitted in without a mask.  They have them at the door, donated by some beautiful soul out there who loves them and what this country stands for!  They are also patriots.  For those who refuse to wear a mask to save our country, go to China!!

Gloves would have to be changed every time you touch something.

32 minutes ago, Petee said:

However, you can't bankrupt the country, especially now when other countries may be more well off....and they could have missiles.  That problem will not go away regardless.

Can't bankrupt the country??????

You are joking, right?????

21 minutes ago, Lyndsey33 said:

I've never worn one and am as healthy as the people wearing them because I understand distancing and hygiene.

Hell, GRUMPY OLD FEDUP, invented social distancing, way before it became a thingy.

Me in public, when someone invades my personal space.

"I don't know you and I doubt I want to know you, so move on about your business, and leave me alone"

But, there is always a but. 

I have been known to make exceptions when it's a hot alluring woman in my personal space.🍻

4 hours ago, Lyndsey33 said:

That can't be right either. We have a pretty substantial income and received ours Wednesday.

that's what the IRS Website says.  Thats great you got yours sooner. That means they are running with a level of efficiency.

48 minutes ago, jaman said:

that's what the IRS Website says.  Thats great you got yours sooner. That means they are running with a level of efficiency.

There just doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason for it. We didn't need it and got it fast but others who truly do haven't received it. Going by income would have been nice. We used some of ours to stock our sweet neighbor up with food and ordered her a new rocking chair for her porch because hers was breaking. I also mailed a friend a few gift cards because I know she is struggling. I'm not saying any of this for a pat on the back. I have just seen people say they don't want it or need it. You can do good with it if u don't want or need it.

21 minutes ago, Lyndsey33 said:

There just doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason for it. We didn't need it and got it fast but others who truly do haven't received it. Going by income would have been nice. We used some of ours to stock our sweet neighbor up with food and ordered her a new rocking chair for her porch because hers was breaking. I also mailed a friend a few gift cards because I know she is struggling. I'm not saying any of this for a pat on the back. I have just seen people say they don't want it or need it. You can do good with it if u don't want or need it.

Bless You. Like I have been saying, if you dont want it, dont complain,send it back to the Treasury. I have been looking out   for Seniors who are friends of mine. Most of their family members are in other parts of the country and havent been able to come home..

39 minutes ago, Lyndsey33 said:

:clap4: :yahoo:

To achieve the title of old and wise, you must first be young and dumb :P

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak. :P

8 hours ago, fedup said:

Can't have good hot tea if the spout does not blow.

First off, I don't believe in government freebies. But they are here so we can skip that discussion.

I believe that most people wants to work and pay their own way. A lot of those people are not working right now. That can be depressing to some. Then add in the loss of freedoms they have had their whole lives, living in a free country.  That's even more depressing.

The free 1200 bucks covered my rent for one month. But I am one of the lucky few in America. I think. I still have a job.

Let's do some fedup basic math. Every day a person can't work, that person loses a day's pay. That same person owes what that day cost them to live that day. So, everyday that a person does not work, it costs that person 2 day's pay. The pay that person did not make plus the bills that couldn't be paid for that day. How many days has people not worked????  The losses grow quickly. Some people has a nest egg they can draw from but I think most people live paycheck to paycheck, no matter how much money they make. 

So when things start up again, what's really going to happen? Businesses are somewhat in the same boat as individuals. They ain't making money during the shutdown either. The luckier ones are just hanging on for the startup. What will be the first thing they need in the startup? MONEY. If the working man/woman is flat broke and in the hole. They ain't gonna be spending the money that the businesses need.

NOW WHAT????

It's easy to read the writing on the wall. This shutdown is gonna cause huge problems for years and everyday that it lasts, those problems will grow.

America has to go back to work NOW.

If you have a strong heart, try this shocking fedup math.

Add up every penny you spent last year to survive the life your living. Every penny. Now divide that number by 365. That's what it is costing you PER DAY.

Most people work 5 days a week, so how much money do you need to make in those 5 days to cover the 2 day's a week that you ain't working and earning money along with the 5 days you do work?

Now take all those numbers and put yourself in the same place of those that are not working since the shut down.

Then double those numbers per day. 

That's what this shutdown is costing those that ain't allowed to work.

Starting Sunday, that's the beginning of getting back into business safely.  The infection numbers will determine how it goes.  If they go up again, then the Stay at Home order may have to remain in place.  I'm guessing that is when the masks and gloves will become mandatory.  It will go much faster if we are ALL responsible and stop spreading the infection.

Albert Einstein

I got my check faster than my tax return and I have been laid off since March 16, my poor daughter didn't qualify for unemployment because she supposedly didn't work too many hours in the quarter! I have used my check for bills, groceries and now I need to go and buy a new car battery!!! 

20 hours ago, Petee said:

What does it matter if trillions of dollars are generated by the government.  The only problem would be if the printing presses break down.   SARCASM...

2 hours ago, pstan said:

What does it matter if trillions of dollars are generated by the government.  The only problem would be if the printing presses break down.   SARCASM...

Nobody cares, right now. Wait til they are paying 10 bucks for a loaf of bread.