GoDuBois.com

20 hours ago, Bon said:

Our son got his today, It has his name, Deceased % my name. I checked the box on the brown part of the envelope that says, if deceased here & return envelope.

You would think that since they know he is deceased, they wouldn’t send a check. :duh:

That's a tough one Bon.

Your a better person than I am.

I would have cashed it. Not for the money. Just for their stupid.

Take a ride up to my mountain and relax. 

OOPS it ain't my mountain any more. It's Glenn's. I am sure he would share his mountain with you anytime.

He's a good person.

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

21 hours ago, Bon said:

Our son got his today, It has his name, Deceased % my name. I checked the box on the brown part of the envelope that says, if deceased here & return envelope.

You would think that since they know he is deceased, they wouldn’t send a check. :duh:

I'm sorry you had to deal with this too.  My dear friend received the letter notice for her deceased father.  It was addressed the same away as your son's.  Only it didn't have a paper check.  The $1200 was direct deposited to his account.  She had left the account open to take care of any final expenses in the second year after his death.  She called her bank and they advised her to just leave the money there and await instructions from the IRS.  What a terrible, terrible, terrible mess.  

55 minutes ago, Bon said:

Guess what we got back? Apparently the USPS doesn’t understand “” check the box if deceased & drop in mail to be returned to sender. 😅😉

Cash it. Have some happy.

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

Washington (CNN)Federal stimulus payments sent to people who have died must be returned, the Internal Revenue Service said in new guidance released Wednesday.

In a rush to get stimulus payments out as fast as possible, some of the money was sent to people who had died but had filed taxes within the past two years -- even as millions continue to wait for their payments to arrive. 
The IRS has to cross-check with another federal agency to get a list of the deceased.
It was previously unclear whether family members could keep the money, but the IRS now says the full payment must be returned, unless the deceased was married and filed tax returns jointly with a spouse who is still alive. In that case only the portion of the payment belonging to the deceased needs to be returned, the agency said. If the couple received $2,400, for example, $1,200 needs to be sent back. 

If a check was received, it must be mailed back to the Treasury Department. If the check was cashed or the payment was directly deposited into the bank account, the IRS is asking people to send a personal check or money order. Further instructions were posted online by the IRS.
The IRS started by sending money to those who had already filed a 2018 or 2019 tax return. The IRS has sent more than 122 million payments, for a total of $207 billion, since April 11. 
The agency also clarified on Wednesday that other people who may have received a payment but are ineligible, including those who are incarcerated, must also return the money. 
Eligibility is largely based on income, and it excludes individuals earning more than $99,000, head of household filers with one child who earn more than $136,500, and married couples without children earning more than $198,000.
Families earning a little more may still be eligible if they have children. The phase-out limit depends on how many children they have. For a typical family of four, the amount is completely phased out for those with incomes exceeding $218,000.
Those who can be claimed as a dependent for tax purposes, like many college students, are also ineligible for the payments, as well as undocumented immigrants who don't have Social Security numbers.
Payments are worth up to $1,200 for individuals, and $2,400 for couples -- plus $500 per dependent.

I received mine awhile ago but still waiting for my tax return! I'm getting very frustrated about it and when I call, the machine says that there isn't enough staff to cover the calls! 

Don't have a stimulus check? Here's why that might be and what to do about it.

The federal government began issuing coronavirus relief stimulus payments to individuals and families weeks ago but so far millions still have not received checks or direct deposits.

Here are several possible explanations for why that could be:

You do not qualify

Many people simply are not eligible for the money. According to the CARES Act, nonresident immigrants are not eligible for payments, nor are individuals who are claimed as dependents by others. Additionally, the $500 per child bonus payments only apply to children under the age of 17.

Additionally, the law says that payments can be offset by any past due child support payments that have been reported to the Treasury Department.

Another reason why someone may not be eligible is they earned too much money. Individuals who earned more than $75,000, joint filers who earned more than a combined $150,000, and those filing as heads of household who earned more than $112,000 will have their payments reduced by $5 for every $100 in income above those marks. This means the payment is less the higher earnings are, with it being reduced to zero for individuals who make $99,000 or more and couples who make $198,000 or more.

Delays from tax-prep services

A common reason why payments are delayed is the applicant used tax-preparation services to file their taxes. Those services set up temporary accounts for some customers to receive tax refund payments from the IRS so they can deduct fees before passing the remainder along to the recipients. According to a ProPublica report, banks where those temporary accounts are located have been getting people's stimulus checks and returning them to the IRS, claiming they received them in error.

IRS has incorrect bank information

In other cases, the IRS may not have a person's up-to-date banking information if a person has changed bank accounts since they last filed taxes. This would impact their ability to send direct deposits to the proper location. The IRS has a Get My Payment tool on its website to assist people in updating their banking information.

You filed a paper tax return

Payment amounts are determined in most cases by income as reported in people's tax returns. According to the IRS, they are currently unable to process paper returns due to COVID-19. As a result, those who have already filed paper returns will have to wait until processing centers reopen to have their returns handled. The IRS advises that people do not file a second return electronically.

You normally get paper checks for tax refunds

If you typically opt to receive tax refunds via check in the mail as opposed to electronic direct deposit, then it is likely that your stimulus check will be sent via paper check as well, which takes longer.

Wrong amount

In some cases, people received payments, just not for the correct amount. For example, the IRS has recognized that there are Americans who did not receive their bonus payments of $500 per child. While they have not explained why this has happened, the government says that in these cases, people can claim the additional money when they file their 2020 tax returns.

Additional information on how the stimulus checks work can be found here.

The stimulus checks are part of a massive relief effort totaling nearly $3 trillion to date, covering everything from loans and grants to businesses to local government support. Fiscal concerns over the degree and pace of spending gained traction following a Congressional Budget Office report, released in late April, which projected a federal budget deficit of $3.7 trillion for the 2020 fiscal year.

The report also said that by the end of fiscal 2020, publicly held federal debt could be 101 percent of the U.S. gross domestic product. The total national debt is currently nearing $25 trillion.

4 hours ago, busrolls36 said:

I received mine awhile ago but still waiting for my tax return! I'm getting very frustrated about it and when I call, the machine says that there isn't enough staff to cover the calls! 

Did you file for a paper check?

You filed a paper tax return

Payment amounts are determined in most cases by income as reported in people's tax returns. According to the IRS, they are currently unable to process paper returns due to COVID-19. As a result, those who have already filed paper returns will have to wait until processing centers reopen to have their returns handled. The IRS advises that people do not file a second return electronically.

No, I efiled with direct deposit! That was on February 20, and my hold up is because they need to make sure my daughter gets all of the scholarships and grants! They said it could take up to 60 days to receive it. Just look at my filing status as well as my income, it's below $13,000 and than tell me my daughter doesn't deserve it

54 minutes ago, busrolls36 said:

No, I efiled with direct deposit! That was on February 20, and my hold up is because they need to make sure my daughter gets all of the scholarships and grants! They said it could take up to 60 days to receive it. Just look at my filing status as well as my income, it's below $13,000 and than tell me my daughter doesn't deserve it

I think because they need to look at your return, the 60 days ended up within the closing of all government offices. Since they are supposed to be open today (I think), or very soon, you will be getting your check soon. Just hold on a little longer!! 🙏🏻❤️🙏🏻

7 hours ago, Bon said:

I think because they need to look at your return, the 60 days ended up within the closing of all government offices. Since they are supposed to be open today (I think), or very soon, you will be getting your check soon. Just hold on a little longer!! 🙏🏻❤️🙏🏻

Thanks, Bon! I'm hoping that it comes very soon, even though I get my unemployment and my stimulus check, it would help me so much more! I still could pay off my one loan and than work on my credit card bill and my daughter's student loan!  I'm not worried about getting groceries since our cupboards are full! Just sorry about my other 2 major bills