GoDuBois.com

humming birds

on my ft porch I have 2 feeders bout 15' apart 6 birds comeing in one chases others off all time should I put some zanax in feed to calm them down?

The chaser is a male who has claimed the feeder. He will attempt to guard it for him and his mate only. They put on quite a show, he will work harder at chasing and spend more energy doing it than if he would just share! LOL

I have six feeders up. There has been one male guarding them but come mid July he will have his hands full. For the past two years sometime in July, probably when all the little ones leave the nests, we will have swarms and they all seem to settle down and feed together. There were so many I was filling the feeders at least every other day. That is a lot of sugar! They are the neatest little birds. I had them landing on my fingers last year. Last week I looked down at the railing I saw this tiny little feather. I picked it up and realized it was a hummingbird feather. NEAT!! I lay it in my hand to show my husband and a little breeze came through and it was gone. Never in my life have I  seen a hummingbird feather.