GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

Gov.Wolf Says He Will Be Signing Bill Allowing Curbside Cocktail Sales In Pa.

SPONSOR:  

Gov. Wolf says he will be signing bill allowing curbside cocktail sales in Pennsylvania

by Melanie Zayas

Gov. Wolf says he will be signing bill allowing curbside cocktail sales in Pennsylvania//Melanie Zayas
facebook.svgtwitter.svgemail.svg

OLYPHANT, LACKAWANNA CO. (WOLF) — UPDATE (5-19-20): While the senate has passed HB 32, a bill that would allow taverns and licensed restaurants to sell mixed spirit drinks to go, Pennsylvania is waiting for Gov. Wolf to sign it.

Luckily, during his press conference today about early rebates through the Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program, Gov. Wolf responded to a question addressing this.

" A bill that would allow restaurants and bars to serve mixed drinks and cocktails is on your desk, do you plan to sign it and let bars and restaurants begin rebuilding their businesses," the question 

"I do plan to sign it," Gov. Wolf responded. "It was passed I think unanimously in both chambers of the general assembly so I will sign it."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Pennsylvania House of Representatives passed an amendment today that would allow you to take your happy hour cocktail, home

For restaurants like Thrist T's Bar and Grill in Olyphant, it would also help keep their business afloat.

"It's a huge thing for the industry right now because we were all suffering and my fear was that we were gonna see a lot of places that have been around for a long time and not come back," says owner, Thomas Tell.

Tell says he is anxious to receive the additional amount of support his business needs.

"We will be able to purchase some other bars so if there are bars who are not open or not able to be open we'll be able to purchase their stock as long as we report it to PLCB," says Tell.

The final vote on the amendment passed the House 193-9 with overwhelming bi-partisan support.

State representative Tarah Toohill says she supports HB 327 - calling it a "small business life preserver vote."

"it's a small expansion, only under the pandemic and it's really a life line to try to get these restaurants and taverns to have some way to unload some of the surplus that they have,"says Toohill.

For those at home wondering how liquor mixes with to go orders, here's what to expect.

"These drinks are going to be sealed and if people violate or misuse it then they will be arrested. This is for conscientious people in the community and it's a way you can support your local restaurants in town and taverns," says Toohill.

"From what I understand its up to 65 ounces of liquor that will be on the takeout side of this. There will be no sales after 11 pm and everything is going to have to be put in the trunk of the vehicle," says Tell.

The Senate would still need to pass the bill for it to become law.                                                                                                                                                                     SEE VIDEO REPORT     ;    https://wjactv.com/news/local/bill-that-would-allow-curbside-cocktail-sales-in-pennsylvania

Also how will this fit in with the "open container" law in Pa. How will they seal the drink that you can tell if it was accessed while driving? You can go buy a mixed drink for the road but still can't get  a friggin haircut! You just can't fix stupid.

"I am the master of my unspoken words and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken"

If only we could get our priorities together...

Yes let's offer pick-up liquor but not allow hair salons to re-open.  This is getting frustrating.

If there is no new cases today, that marks 14 days since Jefferson County's last new case.  14 days seems to be the magic number for virus decisions.  Where's the data on moving from yellow to green?  What's the plan?  (Rhetorical question). 

1 hour ago, LFG said:

I love your governor :lol:

You can’t get a haircut, go out without a mask, walk the wrong direction in the grocery store, but Jack and Coke to go is A-ok :funny4:

Living in PA with Governor Wolf is driving everyone to drink. He is only trying to ease the burden of acquisition. I would hate to think that he is only doing it because of the heavy taxes on liquor in PA. That would be self serving and crass. Surely not our governor!

7 minutes ago, lavender said:

Living in PA with Governor Wolf is driving everyone to drink. He is only trying to ease the burden of acquisition. I would hate to think that he is only doing it because of the heavy taxes on liquor in PA. That would be self serving and crass. Surely not our governor!

I saw on the news that we are the only state in the US that are not allowed to sell houses yet. Now, that was WTAJ so who knows if it's true but if it is, that goes to show u he is just making up rules as he want to, not what is needed.

Just now, Lyndsey33 said:

I saw on the news that we are the only state in the US that are not allowed to sell houses yet. Now, that was WTAJ so who knows if it's true but if it is, that goes to show u he is just making up rules as he want to, not what is needed.

I saw that too but am curious about it, as I know of 2 houses that had sales completed in the last week or 2.  I'm not sure if they started before the shut down or not and that that somehow allowed them to complete the sale now???  Who knows.   These 2 houses are definitely sold and have people moved into them as of today.

1 hour ago, MIM307 said:

I saw that too but am curious about it, as I know of 2 houses that had sales completed in the last week or 2.  I'm not sure if they started before the shut down or not and that that somehow allowed them to complete the sale now???  Who knows.   These 2 houses are definitely sold and have people moved into them as of today.

There was a mandate that said you could not show your how.  Pictures only and who buys a property sight unseen?  However, yesterday Wolf eased that restriction to allow 2 people to walk through a house.  In the yellow phase, it has started to open up.  The problem was that you could not complete a full transaction on a property.  Home inspectors we not allowed to work until yellow phase.  Some contracts became void due to timing.    

Yes, PA was the most restrictive in the US regarding real estate.  We were the only ones to shut it down completely.  Pennlive had a nice article about it over the weekend. 

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/05/pa-is-currently-the-most-restrictive-state-in-the-country-when-its-comes-to-selling-real-estate-the-reality-of-red-phase-real-estate.html

1 hour ago, MIM307 said:

I know of two houses too that were sold.

A local Realtor received a waivers as did a notary. 

The courthouse did record the deeds. 

18 minutes ago, Cacao said:

There was a mandate that said you could not show your how.  Pictures only and who buys a property sight unseen?  However, yesterday Wolf eased that restriction to allow 2 people to walk through a house.  In the yellow phase, it has started to open up.  The problem was that you could not complete a full transaction on a property.  Home inspectors we not allowed to work until yellow phase.  Some contracts became void due to timing.    

Yes, PA was the most restrictive in the US regarding real estate.  We were the only ones to shut it down completely.  Pennlive had a nice article about it over the weekend. 

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/05/pa-is-currently-the-most-restrictive-state-in-the-country-when-its-comes-to-selling-real-estate-the-reality-of-red-phase-real-estate.html

Oh I know what the restrictions said.  I'm just relaying a fact.   2 houses were bought and sold during the "closure." 

7 hours ago, lavender said:

Maybe they can finally pay the bill for the Johnstown flood.

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

33 minutes ago, fedup said:

Maybe they can finally pay the bill for the Johnstown flood.

Mind you....it's the 1936 Johnstown flood and not the 1977 flood.

1) "Take off is optional....landing is mandatory"

2)  The secret to a long life is you try not to shorten it.

6 minutes ago, Basset3 said:

Mind you....it's the 1936 Johnstown flood and not the 1977 flood.

YEP and PA will be paying that tax forever.

Now think of all drama over the virus.

Let your imagination run wild.

Once the government starts something, there is no end to it.

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.