GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

Victoria's Secret To Close 250 Stores

SPONSOR:  

Victoria’s Secret to close 250 stores, Bath & Body Works to shutter 50

Victoria’s Secret to close 250 stores, Bath & Body Works to shutter 50

This Aug. 11, 2019, photo shows a Victoria's Secret card in New Orleans. Victoria's Secret's owner, L Brands, said the company will be closing 250 stores in the U.S. and Canada. (Jenny Kane/AP)

By: Natale Dreier, Cox Media Group National Content Desk
Updated: May 21, 2020 - 8:26 AM

Some shoppers will soon have to find a new place to buy lacy undergarments and soaps. L Brands announced Wednesday that it will close 250 Victoria’s Secret stores and 50 Bath & Body Works, USA Today reported.

The company lost 37% of its nets sales during the first quarter, with most of the stores closed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

There are currently 1,091 Victoria’s Secret stores in the U.S. and Canada, Forbes reported.

Here is the breakdown of store closings:

• 235 U.S. Victoria’s Secrets
  • 3 PINK U.S. stores
  • 13 of 38 Victoria’s Secret stores in Canada

There had been a deal between L Brands and Sycamore Partners, a private equity firm, to sell 55% of the stores, but the deal fell through amid the pandemic, USA Today reported.

The company hopes to reopen most of its stores that had closed due to the COVID-19 shutdown by the end of July, CNBC reported.

L Brands is still looking at making Bath & Body Works a stand-alone business, Forbes reported.                                                                                      https://www.wpxi.com/news/trending/victorias-secret-close-250-stores-bath-body-works-shutter-50/UCFRY2V25ZFKZMU6RVKACZCHQY/

1 hour ago, LFG said:

Now where will I buy ridiculously priced undergarments that I love and LFGal hates?

And before any of you start, no, not in a 54A, they were for her :arghh:

UGH:barf: Now there's a mental picture seared into my brain!:tapfoot:

"Any man who can safely drive a car while kissing a pretty girl, simply isn't giving the kiss the attention it deserves"... Albert Einstein

"And how can we win, when fools be king?"

Just because I can't make my fingers be still on this one.

Back to the dishes ladies.

Gonna say OUCH ahead of time because the rocks are coming 🍻

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

Guest Mika

Have not been shopping there since the Jeffrey Epstein connection was revealed. The PINK line which was tailored to appeal to teens is also creepy.

6 hours ago, LFG said:

Now where will I buy ridiculously priced undergarments that I love and LFGal hates?

And here I always thought you were buying those items from Rural King-like outlets.

"Be still, my fingers, be still" - fedup

On 5/21/2020 at 11:52 AM, LFG said:

I bet if you keep your eyes peeled, a week or so after Valentine's Day you should be able to assemble a fine collection since that should be about the  time wives and girlfriends are tossing their 'thoughtful' gifts, after the mandatory one time wear, into the trash.

26 minutes ago, Illiterate said:

I bet if you keep your eyes peeled, a week or so after Valentine's Day you should be able to assemble a fine collection since that should be about the  time wives and girlfriends are tossing their 'thoughtful' gifts, after the mandatory one time wear, into the trash.

You’d be amazed how you can keep yourself amused with discarded mannequins and clothing. Hilarity can be asphyxiating if you happen to find a sheep from a Serta display.

I’ve heard

Can't say I'm surprised about this!  The prices are too high, and now people just aren't buying as much.  Mostly just necessities.  Also, a lot of their things don't fit women who have real figures in my opinion.  Too flimsy, not enough support, and too high of a price.  We need an underwear company that caters to real women.  I'll support them.  I suppose you know now that I'm not a size 2!

Every day is a gift from God; that's why we call it the "present!"

1 hour ago, LFG said:

You’d be amazed how you can keep yourself amused with discarded mannequins and clothing. Hilarity can be asphyxiating if you happen to find a sheep from a Serta display.

I’ve heard

Once upon a time, the police in a city in the Allegheny Valley were flagged down by a citizen who believed he had seen a body in a dumpster. Turned out the "body" was a discarded store window mannequin. Not wanting any more false alarms from that source, the police took the mannequin away.

It, clad in cut-off shorts and tube top, accompanied by the inflatable Officer Friendly, began to show up all over. In the police station waiting room, in the chief's office, in the holding cell, in the back seat of a patrol car. Much mirth ensued.