GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

Clearfield, Cameron, Jefferson, Elk Counties Will Move To Green Phase May 29, Wolf Says

Clearfield, Cameron, Jefferson, Elk counties will move to green phase May 29, Wolf says

by WJAC Staff

6b8637fc-0477-4f30-8f0a-9fcc258a7318-lar
Gov. Tom Wolf (PA Press Office)
facebook.svgtwitter.svgemail.svg

HARRISBURG, Pa. (WJAC) — Gov. Tom Wolf announced Friday the first counties that will be permitted to enter the green phase of his reopening process starting May 29.

Wolf says 17 counties will be permitted to move from the yellow phase to the green phase including Bradford, Cameron, Clarion, Clearfield, Crawford, Elk, Forest, Jefferson, Lawrence, McKean, Montour, Potter, Snyder, Sullivan, Tioga, Venango and Warren counties.

"I must emphasize that moving into the green phase will still require precautions to keep our communities and our families safe," Wolf explained. "COVID-19 continues to be a threat to our health and welfare and unfortunately that won't change until we have a vaccine or a cure. While these counties will see a return to near normalcy, some precautions will continue to be in effect for the safety of residents."

Wolf also announced counties that could move to the yellow phase next week including Huntingdon County, which was the only county in WJAC's 10-county viewing area remaining in the restrictive red phase.                                                                                                                                                                           

Health officials blamed a COVID-19 outbreak at SCI Huntingdon for the county being stuck in the red phase.

Other counties moving to the yellow phase next week include Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, Luzerne, Monroe, Pike and Schuylkill counties.

Wolf added he anticipates the remainder of the state to move into yellow by June 5.                                                                                                                                 SEE TWEET LIST OF GREEN COUNTIES      ;         https://wjactv.com/news/local/clearfield-cameron-jefferson-elk-counties-will-move-to-green-phase-may-29-wolf-says

All it would take is someone with active Covid traveling down I-80 and stopping at some local restaurants and gas stations.  They would be long gone before anyone knew they had been infected an traveled home to their families who then traveled to work and baby sitters.

We're good now, so let's keep it that way by being safe.  A link and a promise won't work.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, Petee said:

All it would take is someone with active Covid traveling down I-80 and stopping at some local restaurants and gas stations.  They would be long gone before anyone knew they had been infected an traveled home to their families who then traveled to work and baby sitters.

We're good now, so let's keep it that way by being safe.  A link and a promise won't work.

I guess if the active COVID had shopped at WalMart the past 6 weeks there would of been no infections????  

Only now infections will occur because we moved to green???? 

16 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

I guess if the active COVID had shopped at WalMart the past 6 weeks there would of been no infections????  

We went to walmart to get stuff for our party tomorrow.  Didn't wear masks. There were a lot of people with no masks. Nobody seemed bothered either. More and more people are going to go back to the old normal and enjoy their summer instead of fearing life away.

16 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

The mentality of the people will be the deciding factor.  If they think it's a free for all now, and if they stop all precautions, then yes.  That's what the CDC has been afraid of.  

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, buschpounder said:

Yeah at 50% capacity and no walk ins

Umm barbershops are walk-ins usually. I will just go down and stare through the window and see if he waves me in lol

Every time the Government IMPOSES new Regulations to Protect Us, we LOSE a Little MORE of our FREEDOMS....

MORE Government = LESS Freedom

2 hours ago, pstan said:

Does anyone know if beauty salons and barber shops are permitted to open on May 29th?

My daughter and I got a cut and highlights last week. Not saying where but amazingly we are still healthy. Who would have thought 🤷

19 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

I have seen an increase of new York and New Jersey plates. That's what scares me. Green means still limitations.