GoDuBois.com
m michelle

Why no news about Penn Highlands worker?

SPONSOR:  

A Penn Highlands Home Health Nurse tested positive and it isn't on the front page nor anywhere in the news. Yet, DuBois Nursing Home discloses about their agency worker and it's front page news and tv news.  Kudos to DuBois Nursing Home for your accountability to the public by disclosing.  The media likes to pick on nursing homes and protect the mighty Penn Highlands.

53 minutes ago, Lyndsey33 said:

Penn Highlands disclosed when the last employee had it and it was on the news and in the papers so they probably aren't hiding it.  Maybe it just isn't announced yet. Employees also need two tests. Has this person had two tests? 

52 minutes ago, mr.d said:

There was one article about Nurse  in the COVID-19 post on April 13.  First employee at Penn Highlands 

This is new, so it's possible it just hasn't hit the news yet. I should edit my post, but just seems that nursing homes get picked on most!

In this case, the nursing home is more dramatic in light of the death rate there.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

They have most likely contacted the patients and families she has visited recently.  Since she is not employed inside the hospital, perhaps they are not making it news.  I hope that is not the case.  It should be announced.  Its just good for the public to know about the cases.  I think it helps folks to continue practicing safe habits and social distancing right now.  Some folks are getting lax.

Every day is a gift from God; that's why we call it the "present!"

How did these people supposedly infect their adult children, when the Nursing Homes are still on lockdown?  No visitors permitted 🤔

Life is what happens to you, when you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

This was a home health hospice nurse. They go into the patients home, but they also see patients at the local nursing homes. My mother is in a local nursing home and I received a call on Memorial Day explaining the situation to me and the measures that they were taking to further protect the residents. 

Guest Walker2

It wasn’t in the paper because it’s not true.