GoDuBois.com
mr.d

CDC Planning To Update Mask-Wearing Recommendations

CDC planning to update mask-wearing recommendations

by CNN Newsource

cd95bce2-d675-405d-8816-2c910b2df948-lar
Mask (CNN Newsource)
facebook.svgtwitter.svgemail.svg

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is planning to update its recommendation on masks.

CDC researchers have been conducting a scientific review about the masks during the coronavirus pandemic.

Scientists wanted to study if masks protect people from contracting COVID-19, not just preventing them from spreading it.

The CDC has already published guidance on its website.

One recommendation says people should wear masks when they leave their home.

The other recommends people wear a mask if they cannot properly social distance.

The new guidance is expected “soon.”                                                                                                                                                                                                                       https://wjactv.com/news/nation-world/cdc-planning-to-update-mask-wearing-recommendations

It probably depends on what color your location is and where you are planning to go with how many people.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

Governor Wolf: Masks are Mandatory in Pennsylvania Businesses

June 27, 2020 12:31 am·
Author: Aly Delp

gov-wolf-masks-are-mandatory-in-pennsylvHARRISBURG, Pa. – On Friday, Governor Tom Wolf reminded all Pennsylvania residents and businesses that masks are mandatory when visiting a business.

“The importance of mask-wearing to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect people and businesses cannot be overstated,” Gov. Wolf said. “Masks are required in businesses, for the entire time someone is visiting a business. It’s that simple and that important to continue to safely reopen the state and keep our case counts on the decline.”

Multiple state government agencies sent a communication to Pennsylvania businesses this week outlining mask requirements:

• Everyone must wear a mask, unless they have a medical reason not to or are under the age of 2. That includes workers and customers. Remember, my mask protects you and your mask protects me.
  • No mask, no shirt, no shoes, no service. If a worker or customer attempts to enter your business without a mask on, ask them to leave and return when they have a mask. A fabric mask is fine.
  • Find PPE to protect your workers. Masks and other PPE can be hard to find given the high demand. But we’ve got you covered. Check out our online directory of PPE manufacturers and suppliers in Pennsylvania.
  • Have good mask hygiene. Don’t touch the front of your mask. Make sure it covers both your nose and mouth. Don’t lift it up when talking to someone. Remember, the virus travels in the droplets we breath out when talking or laughing, not just when we cough or sneeze. If wearing a fabric mask, make sure you wash it and let it fully dry between uses.

“Wearing masks in a business or when in a public space where social distancing can’t be maintained is a required, vital practice to stopping the spread of COVID-19,” Gov. Wolf said. “It’s also a sign of respect for others because your mask is protecting them. Let’s continue to get through this together.”

The state’s business guidance outlines mask-wearing requirements.

The state’s restaurant industry guidance outlines mask-wearing requirements specific to restaurants.                                 https://www.explorejeffersonpa.com/governor-wolf-masks-are-mandatory-in-pennsylvania-businesses/

From my OSHA buddy.
READ ALL OF IT!!!
 👇
For all you mask wearers (especially those of you who think wearing it outside is NOT stupid 🤦🏼‍♀️). I know I’m about to burst your “google doctor degree” bubble, but here goes nothing.
So Masks?
I am OSHA 10 certified. I know some of you are too. I don’t really know WHY OSHA hasn’t come forward and stopped the nonsense BUT I want to cover 3 things
• N95 masks and masks with exhale ports
• surgical masks
• filter or cloth masks
Okay, so upon further inspection, OSHA says some masks are okay and not okay in certain situations.
If you’re working with fumes and aerosol chemicals and you give your employees the wrong masks and they get sick, you can be sued.
• N95 masks: are designed for CONTAMINATED environments. That means when you exhale through N95 the design is that you are exhaling into contamination. The exhale from N95 masks are vented to breath straight out without filtration. They don’t filter the air on the way out. They don’t need to.
Conclusion: if you’re in Target and the guy with Covid has a N95 mask, his covid breath is unfiltered being exhaled into Target (because it was designed for already contaminated environments, it’s not filtering your air on the way out).
• Surgical Mask: these masks were designed and approved for STERILE environments. The amount of particles and contaminants in the outside and indoor environments where people are CLOGGING these masks very, VERY quickly. The moisture from your breath combined with the clogged mask will render it “useless” IF you come in contact with Covid and your mask traps it, YOU become a walking virus dispenser. Everytime you put your mask on you are breathing the germs from EVERYWHERE you went. They should be changed or thrown out every “20-30 minutes in a non sterile environment.”
• Cloth masks: I can’t even believe I’m having to explain this, but here it goes. Today, three people pointed to their masks as they walked by me entering Lowe’s. They said “ya gotta wear your mask BRO” I said very clearly “those masks don’t work bro, in fact they MAKE you sicker” they “pshh’d” me. By now hopefully you all know CLOTH masks do not filter anything. You mean the American flag one my aunt made? Yes. The one with sunflowers that looks so cute? Yes. The bandanna, the cut up t-shirt, the scarf ALL of them offer NO FILTERING whatsoever. As you exhale, you are ridding your lungs of contaminants and carbon dioxide. Cloth masks trap this carbon dioxide the best. It actually risks your health, rather than protect it. The moisture caught in these masks can become mildew ridden over night. Dry coughing, enhanced allergies, sore throat are all symptoms of a micro-mold in your mask.
-Ultimate Answer:
*N95 blows the virus into the air from a contaminated person.
*The surgical mask is not designed for the outside world and will not filter the virus upon inhaling through it. It’s filtration works on the exhale, (Like a vacuum bag, it only works one way) but likely stops after 20 minutes, rendering it useless outside of a STERILE ENVIRONMENT (correct Becky, they don’t work in a bar, not even a little bit).
*Cloth masks are WORSE than none. It’s equivalent to using a chain link fence to stop mosquitos.
The CDC wants us to keep wearing masks. The masks don’t work. They’re being used to provide false comfort and push forward a specific agenda. For the love of God, research each mask’s designed use and purpose, I bet you will find NONE are used in the way of “viral defense.”
Just like EVERY Flu season kids, wash your hands. Sanitize your hands. Don’t touch stuff. Sanitize your phone. Don’t touch people. And keep your distance. Why? Because your breath stinks, your deodorant is failing, your shoes are old and stink, that shirts not clean, & I like my space. Trust me I can hear you from here. Lots of reasons to keep your distance and work on body hygiene. But trust me, the masks do not work.
*Occupational Safety & Hazard Association sited.
The top American organization for safety.
They regulate and educate asbestos workers, surgical rooms, you name it.
I know, facts suck. They throw a wrench into the perfectly (seeming) packaged pill you are willingly swallowing. Facts make you have to form your OWN OPINION, instead of regurgitating someone else’s, and I know how uncomfortable that makes a lot of you. If your mask gives you security, by all means wear it. Just know it is a false sense of security and you shouldn’t shame anyone into partaking in such “conspiracies.”
If select politicians stopped enforcing it, no one would continue this nonsense. Don’t drink the kool-aid.

Every time the Government IMPOSES new Regulations to Protect Us, we LOSE a Little MORE of our FREEDOMS....

MORE Government = LESS Freedom

10 hours ago, Lyndsey33 said:

Hey he says all employees in a business have to wear them. Did he make specifications? I guess he could make them for himself 🙄

Well yeah, assuming your standing in front of customers or clients or colleagues.  I'm certain that if your sitting alone in your office, your not expected to mask up.  Goes without saying...I thought.

I was sitting about 4 feet from a visitor to our home yesterday.  The sun was behind him so it highlighted the tiny droplets of spit that flew out of his mouth when he spoke.  Had he been a stranger, I would have had him mask up or leave.  

Now, considering that scenario, everyone does this. At a restaurant, the waitress is standing above you talking.  At a business, a clerk or cashier is standing 3-4 feet away from you, and worse, you are standing that far away from the employee!  

I do NOT believe that cloth masks stop none of that spittle!  Nor do I want that nonsense on my items.  Nor do I want a clerk licking their fingers and then touching my items.  I hate touching money now, knowing what is on it.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

The cook making food in restaurants is also probably sweating in the food they are cooking,  scratching an itchy nose, re arranging the mask with the same hands making the food, wiping the sweat off their face all while cooking because they are so damn hot from the stupid mask. I applaud the few restaurants who think of this stuff and dont make them wear them.

You are here: Home » News Local News

Wolf: Masks Are Now Mandatory in All Public Spaces in Pa.

July 1, 2020 3:43 pm·
Author: Aly Delp

Gov.-Wolf-COVID19.jpgHARRISBURG, Pa. – Expanding on the business safety order signed by Secretary of Health Dr. Rachel Levine in April that requires the wearing of masks in businesses, Governor Tom Wolf today announced a new order signed by Dr. Levine that takes the mask-wearing directive one step further.

With this order, signed under Dr. Levine’s authority under the Disease Prevention and Control Act, masks must be worn whenever anyone leaves home. The order takes effect immediately.

“This mask-wearing order is essential to stopping the recent increase in COVID-19 cases we have seen in Pennsylvania,” Gov. Wolf said. “Those hot spots can be traced to situations where Pennsylvanians were not wearing masks or practicing social distancing – two practices that must be adhered to if we want to maintain the freedoms we have in place under our reopening.”

The order outlines the situations when a mask must be worn and includes limited exceptions to the face-covering requirement.

Each of the state’s mitigation efforts has helped to slow the spread of COVID-19, kept our health care systems from being overwhelmed, and allowed for Gov. Wolf’s measured, phased reopening to proceed. But, with nearly every county is the green phase of reopening, complacency cannot be the norm.

“It is essential that Pennsylvanians wear masks to prevent the spread of COVID-19,” Secretary of Health Dr. Rachel Levine said. “While cases increase in some areas, we cannot become complacent. My mask protects you, and your mask protects me. Wearing a mask shows that you care about others, and that you are committed to protecting the lives of those around you.”

More and more health experts have called for mask wearing, including Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, who said during a June 30 Senate hearing on COVID-19, “Americans who don’t wear masks may ‘propagate the further spread of infection.’”

The mask-wearing order will be sent to state and local officials, law enforcement and others tasked with education about the order for those not in compliance.

23 hours ago, Petee said:

I was sitting about 4 feet from a visitor to our home yesterday.  The sun was behind him so it highlighted the tiny droplets of spit that flew out of his mouth when he spoke.  Had he been a stranger, I would have had him mask up or leave.  

Now, considering that scenario, everyone does this. At a restaurant, the waitress is standing above you talking.  At a business, a clerk or cashier is standing 3-4 feet away from you, and worse, you are standing that far away from the employee!  

I do NOT believe that cloth masks stop none of that spittle!  Nor do I want that nonsense on my items.  Nor do I want a clerk licking their fingers and then touching my items.  I hate touching money now, knowing what is on it.

So, because you know him you were comfortable sitting only 4 feet away watching spittle fly?  And you were "comfortable" because you know him?  Your knowledge of this person does not mean he isn't carrying the virus.  This spits in the very face (I had to--forgive me) of all of the mask arguments.  You, by your own admission, are exceptionally cautious among strangers and in public and then allow a visitor in your home that is not masked.  

"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse." - Thomas Jefferson

On 6/30/2020 at 12:17 PM, Gator11 said:

From my OSHA buddy.
READ ALL OF IT!!!
 👇
For all you mask wearers (especially those of you who think wearing it outside is NOT stupid 🤦🏼‍♀️). I know I’m about to burst your “google doctor degree” bubble, but here goes nothing.
So Masks?
I am OSHA 10 certified. I know some of you are too. I don’t really know WHY OSHA hasn’t come forward and stopped the nonsense BUT I want to cover 3 things
• N95 masks and masks with exhale ports
• surgical masks
• filter or cloth masks
Okay, so upon further inspection, OSHA says some masks are okay and not okay in certain situations.
If you’re working with fumes and aerosol chemicals and you give your employees the wrong masks and they get sick, you can be sued.
• N95 masks: are designed for CONTAMINATED environments. That means when you exhale through N95 the design is that you are exhaling into contamination. The exhale from N95 masks are vented to breath straight out without filtration. They don’t filter the air on the way out. They don’t need to.
Conclusion: if you’re in Target and the guy with Covid has a N95 mask, his covid breath is unfiltered being exhaled into Target (because it was designed for already contaminated environments, it’s not filtering your air on the way out).
• Surgical Mask: these masks were designed and approved for STERILE environments. The amount of particles and contaminants in the outside and indoor environments where people are CLOGGING these masks very, VERY quickly. The moisture from your breath combined with the clogged mask will render it “useless” IF you come in contact with Covid and your mask traps it, YOU become a walking virus dispenser. Everytime you put your mask on you are breathing the germs from EVERYWHERE you went. They should be changed or thrown out every “20-30 minutes in a non sterile environment.”
• Cloth masks: I can’t even believe I’m having to explain this, but here it goes. Today, three people pointed to their masks as they walked by me entering Lowe’s. They said “ya gotta wear your mask BRO” I said very clearly “those masks don’t work bro, in fact they MAKE you sicker” they “pshh’d” me. By now hopefully you all know CLOTH masks do not filter anything. You mean the American flag one my aunt made? Yes. The one with sunflowers that looks so cute? Yes. The bandanna, the cut up t-shirt, the scarf ALL of them offer NO FILTERING whatsoever. As you exhale, you are ridding your lungs of contaminants and carbon dioxide. Cloth masks trap this carbon dioxide the best. It actually risks your health, rather than protect it. The moisture caught in these masks can become mildew ridden over night. Dry coughing, enhanced allergies, sore throat are all symptoms of a micro-mold in your mask.
-Ultimate Answer:
*N95 blows the virus into the air from a contaminated person.
*The surgical mask is not designed for the outside world and will not filter the virus upon inhaling through it. It’s filtration works on the exhale, (Like a vacuum bag, it only works one way) but likely stops after 20 minutes, rendering it useless outside of a STERILE ENVIRONMENT (correct Becky, they don’t work in a bar, not even a little bit).
*Cloth masks are WORSE than none. It’s equivalent to using a chain link fence to stop mosquitos.
The CDC wants us to keep wearing masks. The masks don’t work. They’re being used to provide false comfort and push forward a specific agenda. For the love of God, research each mask’s designed use and purpose, I bet you will find NONE are used in the way of “viral defense.”
Just like EVERY Flu season kids, wash your hands. Sanitize your hands. Don’t touch stuff. Sanitize your phone. Don’t touch people. And keep your distance. Why? Because your breath stinks, your deodorant is failing, your shoes are old and stink, that shirts not clean, & I like my space. Trust me I can hear you from here. Lots of reasons to keep your distance and work on body hygiene. But trust me, the masks do not work.
*Occupational Safety & Hazard Association sited.
The top American organization for safety.
They regulate and educate asbestos workers, surgical rooms, you name it.
I know, facts suck. They throw a wrench into the perfectly (seeming) packaged pill you are willingly swallowing. Facts make you have to form your OWN OPINION, instead of regurgitating someone else’s, and I know how uncomfortable that makes a lot of you. If your mask gives you security, by all means wear it. Just know it is a false sense of security and you shouldn’t shame anyone into partaking in such “conspiracies.”
If select politicians stopped enforcing it, no one would continue this nonsense. Don’t drink the kool-aid.

The masks are there to prevent the droplets of moisture in the exhalation of the wearer from contaminating people and surfaces. Masks work if EVERYONE wears them. By walking into Lowe’s without a mask, you were putting the mask wearers at risk. The mask does not protect YOU, but it protects others FROM YOU. 

4 hours ago, disgruntled said:

So, because you know him you were comfortable sitting only 4 feet away watching spittle fly?  And you were "comfortable" because you know him?  Your knowledge of this person does not mean he isn't carrying the virus.  This spits in the very face (I had to--forgive me) of all of the mask arguments.  You, by your own admission, are exceptionally cautious among strangers and in public and then allow a visitor in your home that is not masked.  

He isn't a stranger and he has been staying at home for months except for rare trips out to see us on occasion.  However, he will be going to the Outer Banks so he will need a 14 day Quarantine before we can see him again.  One former friend who pretty much pushed her way into my house isn't a friend any longer.  She cares for home bound people and has never worn a mask.  It took me a while because I was being patient with her, but obviously we don't have the same values.

Albert Einstein