GoDuBois.com

That was the most intense storm. Blew so many tree down in the back yard all in a straight line and twisted like crazy. Wish I could put the video up from my game cam but it’s to long..

Guest Carl

It's times like this I realize how nice it is to have electric.  :(   

Just now, Hostofchucks said:

Looks like you have room for a food plot! When she comes back to inspect show off your new plot. You could plan corn but winter rey and clover grows anywhere.

Already ahead of ya there lol. 

My sister in laws canopy, which was a pretty solid one, took a little kite ride after it hit their house and tore away some siding.

IMG958398.jpg

IMG958400.jpg

Storm in DuBois brings down trees on houses, knocks out power lines

by: David Kaplan

Posted:  / Updated: 

Joe Mitchell, Chief for DuBois City Fire says most of DuBois and Sandy Township were affected by a storm that came through the area around 6 Friday night.

Rain, wind and hail brought down numerous trees, some falling onto power lines. Houses and sheds were damaged, but there weren’t any injuries. There were a few electrical fires at houses, but no serious damage.

Penelec still has crews out right now, working to restore power in parts of the city.

Fire crews have also been busy since 6.

“We ran probably ran close 30 fire calls for trees and wires down, debris and damage to houses, we probably had damage to at least a dozen houses throughout town,” Mitchell, said.

The only road closure is Brady St. There’s a lane restriction on route 219 between Jarde Street and Washington Avenue.
Several streets scattered across DuBois will be closed throughout the night as Penelec works to restore service.

The First Energy Corps website, says there’s currently 14 houses in DuBois, without power.                                                                                                                                                     SEE VIDEO REPORT     ;    https://www.wearecentralpa.com/news/storm-in-dubois-brings-down-trees-on-houses-knocks-out-power-lines/

We were working in the gardens in Brookville from 5-8:30 and there wasn't even a drop of rain, no humidity, it was great weather to  get out and dig!

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Petee said:

We were working in the gardens in Brookville from 5-8:30 and there wasn't even a drop of rain, no humidity, it was great weather to  get out and dig!

Inbetween the rains the weather couldn't have been nicer,  I got a lot of outdoor work done, but "then" it turned bad!

About 3 years ago we had a worse hailstorm.  They were almost a foot deep in front of our garage, and it destroyed the roof on two of my greenhouses. They were almost the size of tennis balls.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein