Jump to content
GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
WMJ77

screw you....save me

SPONSOR:  

Recommended Posts

Minneapolis spends $63,000 on private security for city council members defunding the police

Minneapolis city council members who voted to dismantle and defund the city’s police department have been using taxpayer dollars to pay for private security.
 

Minneapolis city council members who voted to dismantle and defund the city’s police department have been using taxpayer dollars to pay for private security.

Following claims that they received threats, Andrea Jenkins, Philippe Cunningham, and Alondra Cano were provided with private security detail costing upwards of $63,000 over the past three weeks. According to the Washington Examiner, citing FOX 9, the security detail was provided by two private security companies, Aegis and BelCom. The detail cost $4,500 a day.

The city council members demanded security, which is typically provided for city officials by the police, whom they sought to defund and disband. The officials claim that they received threats following the death of George Floyd. His death inspired widespread riots in the city, prompting nationwide calls from the Black Lives Matter and Antifa movements to “defund the police.”

“I don’t feel comfortable publicly discussing the death threats against me or the level of security I currently have protecting me from those threats,” said Cunningham. He explained that the security detail was temporary.

 

Jenkins, on the other hand, told FOX 9 that she insisted on a private security detail ever since she was sworn in. She claims that she received threats from “white nationalists.”

“My concern is the large number of white nationalist(s) in our city and other threatening communications I’ve been receiving,” she said, but said she didn’t report any of the alleged threats to the police because she was too busy dealing with “global pandemic and global uprising,” the latter of which she supports.

Jenkins claims that the alleged threats against her mentioned her ethnicity, gender identity, and sexuality.

Prior to the public’s current anti-police sentiment, the city of Minneapolis traditionally had cops to fill the role, at least for the mayor. Council members do not get the same special treatment.

 

A spokesperson for the city said that Minneapolis police were not offering officers to perform the detail because their resources are needed elsewhere, adding that the cost to assign a police officer to the role costs around the same as private security.

The city declined to explain who authorized the expenses.


To achieve the title of old and wise, you must first be young and dumb :P

 

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WMJ77 said:

Minneapolis spends $63,000 on private security for city council members defunding the police

Minneapolis city council members who voted to dismantle and defund the city’s police department have been using taxpayer dollars to pay for private security.
 

Minneapolis city council members who voted to dismantle and defund the city’s police department have been using taxpayer dollars to pay for private security.

Following claims that they received threats, Andrea Jenkins, Philippe Cunningham, and Alondra Cano were provided with private security detail costing upwards of $63,000 over the past three weeks. According to the Washington Examiner, citing FOX 9, the security detail was provided by two private security companies, Aegis and BelCom. The detail cost $4,500 a day.

The city council members demanded security, which is typically provided for city officials by the police, whom they sought to defund and disband. The officials claim that they received threats following the death of George Floyd. His death inspired widespread riots in the city, prompting nationwide calls from the Black Lives Matter and Antifa movements to “defund the police.”

“I don’t feel comfortable publicly discussing the death threats against me or the level of security I currently have protecting me from those threats,” said Cunningham. He explained that the security detail was temporary.

 

Jenkins, on the other hand, told FOX 9 that she insisted on a private security detail ever since she was sworn in. She claims that she received threats from “white nationalists.”

“My concern is the large number of white nationalist(s) in our city and other threatening communications I’ve been receiving,” she said, but said she didn’t report any of the alleged threats to the police because she was too busy dealing with “global pandemic and global uprising,” the latter of which she supports.

Jenkins claims that the alleged threats against her mentioned her ethnicity, gender identity, and sexuality.

Prior to the public’s current anti-police sentiment, the city of Minneapolis traditionally had cops to fill the role, at least for the mayor. Council members do not get the same special treatment.

 

A spokesperson for the city said that Minneapolis police were not offering officers to perform the detail because their resources are needed elsewhere, adding that the cost to assign a police officer to the role costs around the same as private security.

The city declined to explain who authorized the expenses.

sounds reasonable to use tax dollars for protection of elected officials....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, conservativeman633 said:

sounds reasonable to use tax dollars for protection of elected officials....

not when they want to defund the cops


To achieve the title of old and wise, you must first be young and dumb :P

 

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Associated Press, June 26, 2020:

"The Minneapolis City Council on Friday unanimously advanced a proposal to change the city charter to allow the police department to be dismantled"

Can anyone be sure "the police will still be there"? What part of "...allow the police department to be dismantled..." means "reform"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, rnetzlof said:

From Associated Press, June 26, 2020:

"The Minneapolis City Council on Friday unanimously advanced a proposal to change the city charter to allow the police department to be dismantled"

Can anyone be sure "the police will still be there"? What part of "...allow the police department to be dismantled..." means "reform"?

If I was a Minneapolis cop I wouldnt report to work. after that vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jaman said:

Why do local office holders need security forces? thats a waste of tax payer money.

What you mean is PRIVATE security forces.

BTW, it's to protect them from the backlash of choices that they're making. You know, the ones that they're supposed to make in the interest of those that they were elected to represent. 


"Be still, my fingers, be still" - fedup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, conservativeman633 said:

sounds reasonable to use tax dollars for protection of elected officials....

These idiots want to live by two totally different sets or rules. One for them, one for us commoners. Some people are tired of this! Find a safe place, pull your mask down, and get some fresh oxygen in your system.


Isn't it weird that in America our flag and our culture offend so many people, but our benefits don't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it's scary, took God out of schools, no concequenses for our actions (too rich too poor to understand the results of our actions), both parents working (if there are two) just to pay the bills, the bleeding hearts have been busy destroying what our ansesters have been building. It is very scary raising a family anymore. We really need to step back and take a good look at what we have become, before we totally self destruct!


Isn't it weird that in America our flag and our culture offend so many people, but our benefits don't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gold Brick said:

Yes it's scary, took God out of schools, no concequenses for our actions (too rich too poor to understand the results of our actions), both parents working (if there are two) just to pay the bills, the bleeding hearts have been busy destroying what our ansesters have been building. It is very scary raising a family anymore. We really need to step back and take a good look at what we have become, before we totally self destruct!

Was reading a news report this morning Liberals want to close the country 15-18 months for the virus. That is what people will be voting on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lyndsey33 said:

At this point, if I were 20 again, I would not be bringing a child into this insane world. Every new day seems to be worse than the day before.

But Lyndsey, YOUR kids are great because you have given them guidance, discipline and love and have led by example. The world can appear ugly when we are overwhelmed by the constant media, social and otherwise. Sometimes you can get a wrong impression. After spending the majority of my life teaching high school, I was always shocked when people had the impression that it was horrible! It was great. The vast majority of the kids were amazing young adults. Those with problems had scary issues, but the same issues as the 70's and  80's kids amplified by social media. The world right now is in turmoil, but look around you. Your world is not. Life is good. And life for your "someday grandchildren" will be good. ❣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sanibel said:

But Lyndsey, YOUR kids are great because you have given them guidance, discipline and love and have led by example. The world can appear ugly when we are overwhelmed by the constant media, social and otherwise. Sometimes you can get a wrong impression. After spending the majority of my life teaching high school, I was always shocked when people had the impression that it was horrible! It was great. The vast majority of the kids were amazing young adults. Those with problems had scary issues, but the same issues as the 70's and  80's kids amplified by social media. The world right now is in turmoil, but look around you. Your world is not. Life is good. And life for your "someday grandchildren" will be good. ❣

You have a good point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jaman said:

Was reading a news report this morning Liberals want to close the country 15-18 months for the virus. That is what people will be voting on. 

The liberals what to destroy this country!!!! Wake up America! Look at their actions, they don't give a $hit about us common folks!


Isn't it weird that in America our flag and our culture offend so many people, but our benefits don't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, rnetzlof said:

From Associated Press, June 26, 2020:

"The Minneapolis City Council on Friday unanimously advanced a proposal to change the city charter to allow the police department to be dismantled"

Can anyone be sure "the police will still be there"? What part of "...allow the police department to be dismantled..." means "reform"?

of course they will still be there...………….they are being reformed.  Tear down, build up again------oldest concept in the book......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, conservativeman633 said:

of course they will still be there...………….they are being reformed.  Tear down, build up again------oldest concept in the book......

You really need to look around, sometimes you need to pull your head out for some fresh air! Just saying!


Isn't it weird that in America our flag and our culture offend so many people, but our benefits don't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gold Brick said:

The liberals what to destroy this country!!!! Wake up America! Look at their actions, they don't give a $hit about us common folks!

I just visited a 87 year old former plant working union Liberal woman.  She wants to knock  the " :censored:Pelosi out".:funny4:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 5:53 PM, conservativeman633 said:

sounds reasonable to use tax dollars for protection of elected officials....

Not when they VOTED to disband/defund/whatever catch phrase we are using currently.  They aren't Gods.  If they feel the people aka their bosses don't' need protection then neither do they. 


"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse." - Thomas Jefferson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Another dead and another wounded from a shooting in the magical city of chop.  Chop medics once again take the victims to a real hospital for treatment.  

By the way.......Those black machine guns are scary.  Take them away from all Americans. Except when chop security uses those scary guns to guard the entrances.  Those scary black machine guns are ok then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Bet their security detail has GUNS and they don’t want the police to have guns though.

Did you see where BLM protest crashed a gated community in St Loius and was threatening the people. The police didnt show up.  One guy defended his property. How stupid is BLM? This guy was a lawyer who DEFENDS BLACKS against police brutality. He  brought out a AR 15.  This is what the new america looks like without police if Trump loses. Im really considering about getting a compact Israeli  grenade launcher.  Shhhhhhhhhhhh! Dont tell anybody.;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


×
×
  • Create New...