GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
disgruntled

PIAA approves falls sports

Hmm...

Can't go to stores without a mask, must maintain 6' social distancing and on and on.

Can't wait to see the explanation from the "experts" on how this is going to happen with football, basketball, wrestling and so on.

I'll bet little Johnny and Suzie's parents are going to have to sign a waiver to resolve the PIAA and school districts from any legal action if they get sick.

1 hour ago, NikonSniper said:

Hmm...

Can't go to stores without a mask, must maintain 6' social distancing and on and on.

Can't wait to see the explanation from the "experts" on how this is going to happen with football, basketball, wrestling and so on.

I'll bet little Johnny and Suzie's parents are going to have to sign a waiver to resolve the PIAA and school districts from any legal action if they get sick.

The betting window has been closed for a while. They already do - at least member schools are, and have been, requiring it as part of their off-season workouts. It won't change when practice opens.

"Be still, my fingers, be still" - fedup

All summer long, sports leagues across the country have continued with their seasons.  I have not read/seen/heard of 1 report of a stoppage due to the virus.  Locally, I did not witness much, if any, changes due to the pandemic.  Baseball players spit, stood next to each other, high-fived.  Basketball players slammed up against each other, sweated on one another, etc.  Again, not 1 case reported.  

1 hour ago, Cacao said:

All summer long, sports leagues across the country have continued with their seasons.  I have not read/seen/heard of 1 report of a stoppage due to the virus.  Locally, I did not witness much, if any, changes due to the pandemic.  Baseball players spit, stood next to each other, high-fived.  Basketball players slammed up against each other, sweated on one another, etc.  Again, not 1 case reported.  

DuBOIS – Prep Baseball Report (PBR), a nationally-renowned independent scouting service for amateur baseball players, selected DuBois to host the Northeast Region of the 2020 PBR Future Games at Showers Field and Stern Family Field starting Sunday, Aug. 2 through Tuesday, Aug. 4, according to city Manager John “Herm” Suplizio.

The Future Games is the most highly scouted event by college coaches of the entire summer, according to PBR.

Eight states are expected to bring teams of invited players from the Mid-Atlantic and New England regions from Connecticut, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and one “select team” made up of players from any of those states invited by PBR to participate.

http://www.thecourierexpress.com/news/dubois-to-host-northeast-region-in-national-2020-pbr-future-games/article_d522dc27-c5c4-5947-96c3-d363ecfae23d.html

Sadly, if someone does get sick, they won't report it because they won't want to be the family that gets the team quarantined for 10-14 days. 

Organized sports are not essential.  Those kids (and their parents) will LIVE if they don't get to play ball.

"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse." - Thomas Jefferson

1 minute ago, Keyser Soze said:

DuBOIS – Prep Baseball Report (PBR), a nationally-renowned independent scouting service for amateur baseball players, selected DuBois to host the Northeast Region of the 2020 PBR Future Games at Showers Field and Stern Family Field starting Sunday, Aug. 2 through Tuesday, Aug. 4, according to city Manager John “Herm” Suplizio.

The Future Games is the most highly scouted event by college coaches of the entire summer, according to PBR.

Eight states are expected to bring teams of invited players from the Mid-Atlantic and New England regions from Connecticut, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and one “select team” made up of players from any of those states invited by PBR to participate.

http://www.thecourierexpress.com/news/dubois-to-host-northeast-region-in-national-2020-pbr-future-games/article_d522dc27-c5c4-5947-96c3-d363ecfae23d.html

But I thought the best way to contain this virus was to not have people traveling around? 

Then again I also thought we cared about the environment and needed to do away with disposables.  I'm seeing more straws, single use plastic bags (that we used to recycle: and stores telling people not to bring their reusable bags), disposable masks, disposable gloves, etc. being thrown away.  Heck yesterday I saw an ad for a new mask that allows you to sip from your straw while still wearing your mask.  I guess it's to hell with the planet now?  If we kill the planet we are ALL going to die--unlike a virus with a reported less than 1% fatality rate.  (USA Today and NY Post : CDC figures 0.26% death rate as of 6/25/2020)

"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse." - Thomas Jefferson

27 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

I plan on catching a game or two.  Some of the best high school aged baseball players you'll find.  Maybe one day, DuBois could host a US Elite or Perfect Game showcase.

6 hours ago, disgruntled said:

But I thought the best way to contain this virus was to not have people traveling around? 

Then again I also thought we cared about the environment and needed to do away with disposables.  I'm seeing more straws, single use plastic bags (that we used to recycle: and stores telling people not to bring their reusable bags), disposable masks, disposable gloves, etc. being thrown away.  Heck yesterday I saw an ad for a new mask that allows you to sip from your straw while still wearing your mask.  I guess it's to hell with the planet now?  If we kill the planet we are ALL going to die--unlike a virus with a reported less than 1% fatality rate.  (USA Today and NY Post : CDC figures 0.26% death rate as of 6/25/2020)

Most D3 conferences have shut down all fall sports.  Some D2 and a handfull of D1 are shutdown.   Many colleges still active are limiting to in-conference games only.  Still active are generally in-conference only.  NCAA seems on the verge of cancelling all championship except conference.

All that said, if high school games are kept local, and shorten the season, they could safely play....at least in our neck of the woods.  I assume no fans, incuding parents, but schools could livestream games.  

How about the PSAC, this does not only effect the sports teams but the marching bands? There are seniors that have been marching for 10years and wanted to finish up their college careers on the field with their friends! These kids are devastated, but where my daughter goes, they are planning on going back and face to face in class with masks!!!! 

For marching band, if it were to occur, would they have to put spit catchers on the other end of any wind instrument?  I mean they would be blowing into an instrument...and we are all told repeatedly how "toxic" our saliva is....but yet they have to ram a q-tip from my nostril nearly into my brain to test?     (some sarcasm intended, but ultimately a legitimate question)

Some people have this deadly virus but don't even know they have it?  Just how deadly is a virus that doesn't even make a person sick that has it?  How does the head of a household contract this and get quite sick, but not sick enough to require hospitalization--and gets sent home to "ride it out"-but the spouse and kids show no symptoms and doctors won't even test them since they have zero symptoms? 

How can a local medical center report that they have invalid test results after "unusually high" positive test results and no one seems to mind?   If anything that should back up that a lot of the cases and even the number of attributed deaths are incorrect as well.  Since this was just reported this week, one could infer that testing has improved since initial tests--at a minimum IT SHOULD HAVE improved--why aren't more people questioning what we've been being told all this time? 

Kids can play sports that requires them to touch each other, or at least the same ball, but we can't allow parents in the gym? 

A friend of mine started assigning "Pinocchios" to social media posts when they feel they are being lied to.  It's at least made this a little more bearable. 

For those of you with "school aged children" from Pre-K to college years, I don't envy you.  What an awful time to try to raise children into good, honest, decent, human beings when you don't know who you can trust to tell you the God's honest truth.