GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

Houston To Fine People $250 For Not Wearing A Mask In Public

SPONSOR:  

Houston to fine people $250 for not wearing a mask in public

by Adam Forgie

56915bde-3c9c-4232-9bde-6cbe94718423-lar
Shoppers wearing protective face masks walking outside. (AP Photo/Frank Augstein)
facebook.svgtwitter.svgemail.svg

(KUTV) — If you refuse to wear a mask in Houston, police are being instructed to give you a $250 citation, according to the city's mayor.

There are exemptions, but it's only for those who meet certain criteria.

6424fb4c-3da5-4d93-b1b1-72d2f7bc731f-med
A shopper wears a mask as he pushes a grocery cart in the rain Thursday, June 25, 2020, in Houston. Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said Wednesday that the state is facing a "massive outbreak" in the coronavirus pandemic and that some new local restrictions may be needed to protect hospital space for new patients. (AP Photo/David J. Phillip)

In a tweet, Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner said:

Today, I am announcing that we will begin issuing citations to people who are not wearing mask under the state's mandatory mask order. [Houston police] will issue warnings and citations to anyone not wearing a mask in public, if they don't meet the criteria for an exemption."

Despite the new order, residents are told to not call 911 to report someone who is not wearing a mask. Police are instructed to not respond to such calls.

Turner said:

For months, we have focused on education and not citations. But now, I am instructing the Houston Police Department to issue necessary warnings and citations to anyone not wearing a mask in public if they do not meet the criteria for an exemption."
Lives are at stake, so I am taking this step to save lives and slow the virus from spreading in the month of August."

Texas has more than 456,000 confirmed COVID-19 cases since the pandemic began.                                                                                                                                 https://wjactv.com/news/coronavirus/houston-to-fine-people-250-for-not-wearing-a-mask-in-public

8 minutes ago, mr.d said:

Houston to fine people $250 for not wearing a mask in public

by Adam Forgie

56915bde-3c9c-4232-9bde-6cbe94718423-lar
Shoppers wearing protective face masks walking outside. (AP Photo/Frank Augstein)
facebook.svgtwitter.svgemail.svg

(KUTV) — If you refuse to wear a mask in Houston, police are being instructed to give you a $250 citation, according to the city's mayor.

There are exemptions, but it's only for those who meet certain criteria.

6424fb4c-3da5-4d93-b1b1-72d2f7bc731f-med
A shopper wears a mask as he pushes a grocery cart in the rain Thursday, June 25, 2020, in Houston. Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said Wednesday that the state is facing a "massive outbreak" in the coronavirus pandemic and that some new local restrictions may be needed to protect hospital space for new patients. (AP Photo/David J. Phillip)

In a tweet, Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner said:

Today, I am announcing that we will begin issuing citations to people who are not wearing mask under the state's mandatory mask order. [Houston police] will issue warnings and citations to anyone not wearing a mask in public, if they don't meet the criteria for an exemption."

Despite the new order, residents are told to not call 911 to report someone who is not wearing a mask. Police are instructed to not respond to such calls.

Turner said:

For months, we have focused on education and not citations. But now, I am instructing the Houston Police Department to issue necessary warnings and citations to anyone not wearing a mask in public if they do not meet the criteria for an exemption."
Lives are at stake, so I am taking this step to save lives and slow the virus from spreading in the month of August."

Texas has more than 456,000 confirmed COVID-19 cases since the pandemic began.                                                                                                                                 https://wjactv.com/news/coronavirus/houston-to-fine-people-250-for-not-wearing-a-mask-in-public

It should be $500 - $1000.............this is serious stuff......but this is a good start...

1 hour ago, conservativeman633 said:

It should be $500 - $1000.............this is serious stuff......but this is a good start...

Nah.  They should fine the zealots like you. Just let it spread already and get it over with. Stretching this out for 1+ years is asinine. Then again you are all for living off the government.

On 8/4/2020 at 9:46 PM, conservativeman633 said:

You havent answered my previous offer? Do you want the Sheetz contact to give her your idea and as you said you would "volunteer" as a public service to bust people not wearing a mask.

11 hours ago, allboys said:

According to conman people weren't wearing them and that was issue.  

Not only was everyone wearing masks, there were full stay-home orders and limited business openings in that time period.   It didn't help.

If anything there was an explosion of infections.

Everyone's either going to get this at some point and either live or die.

The masks were and are a hopeful attempt to flatten the curve so everyone doesn't get it at the same time.

Politically the governors are using this pandemic as a tool to destroy the economy in an effort to oust Trump.

It won't work.

Ever notice that "Pan-dem-ic" is nothing more than a dem inside panic???

Lets face it. The CHINESE Virus is here.  Regardless.  Do we shutdown for months until a vaccine comes out and destroy the economy? Just like any other medicine , people will have different reactions. Some vaccines work, some dont. Do you shutdown? Just like treatments. because people are different I believe that redesimvir works for some people and doesnt. And the Hydroxychloroquine Cocktail works for other people and some not. That's what's unique. The more treatments the better. But do we totally shutdown when its STILL going to happen. Just like the flu, people are going to die. 

3 hours ago, Lyndsey33 said:

My hubby and son ate at the truck pull at Jeff county fair grounds. My hubby said it's completely packed and nobody is being dumb and wearing a mask. I'd like to see them go around and try and fine all those people lol.

I believe that is irresponsible behavior, and a reason we may lose sports this fall, etc, etc.....just my opinion.

3 hours ago, jaman said:

Lets face it. The CHINESE Virus is here.  Regardless.  Do we shutdown for months until a vaccine comes out and destroy the economy? Just like any other medicine , people will have different reactions. Some vaccines work, some dont. Do you shutdown? Just like treatments. because people are different I believe that redesimvir works for some people and doesnt. And the Hydroxychloroquine Cocktail works for other people and some not. That's what's unique. The more treatments the better. But do we totally shutdown when its STILL going to happen. Just like the flu, people are going to die. 

It is called the Coronavirus.

Lack of leadership ANY leadership) from the WH caused the disaster, IMO.

Not the flu at all----much worse.

Sorry for disagreeing.

1 hour ago, conservativeman633 said:

Sorry for disagreeing.

Just pointing out he didn't say it was the flu.  He said people are going to die, the same way people die from the flu.

Disagree with you on the WH as well.  

"It is called the Coronavirus. "

Only by folks who don't know any better. Those who do know better call it SARS-CoV-2. It is a coronavirus, not the coronavirus. Lest there be further confusion, note that COVID-19 is the name of the disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

As to your sorrow upon disagreeing, surely thy name is Insincerity633.

10 hours ago, conservativeman633 said:

Sorry for disagreeing.

I was giving the common sense answer.  You must even  not have any common sense. This was a medical reality response. Of course you could answer or give"My Opinion"  on the subject. Not another trump slasher thread.  Your TDS is Level 9.

14 hours ago, allboys said:

It is people LIVING their lives.  It is what you do between birth and death.  

We live in a world in which we need to share responsibility. It's easy to say, "It's not my child, not my community, not my world, not my problem."   Then there are those people who see the need and respond.  I consider these people heroes.

16 minutes ago, conservativeman633 said:

We live in a world in which we need to share responsibility. It's easy to say, "It's not my child, not my community, not my world, not my problem."   Then there are those people who see the need and respond.  I consider these people heroes.

Again. Living. It is what you do between birth and death. No one has a right to dictate how anyone else chooses to live their life.  It is called respect.  You obviously have little respect.  Your rights end where the next person's rights begin.  Guess what...a hero is someone who takes extraordinary measures...people doing a job they chose and getting paid for it does not make a hero. People voluntarily putting themselves on the line and receiving no compensation for it are heroes.  You are not a hero for wearing a piece of material on your face.  Of everyone wearing a mask go ask them why they are doing it.  I am betting "to protect you" will be heard the least.  "Because I was told to" and "cause I don't want to catch it" will be heard the most.  Sheep and selfish...exactly what you claim those against the masks are.

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 3:12 PM, Lyndsey33 said:

No customers in Clfd Lowes has them on!!

Careful!  The masked avengers will be calling out the mask police and have them lock down the store and will be performing raids on the store on regular intervals. 

"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse." - Thomas Jefferson