GoDuBois.com
  • LOW PRICES
  • LOW PRICES
  • LOW PRICES
Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

' I Thought I Was Following Guidelines': Johnstown Bar Cited, Chooses To Temporarily Close

SPONSOR:  

'I thought I was following guidelines': Johnstown bar cited, chooses to temporarily close

by Haleigh DiBetta

FREIGHT STATION.PNG
facebook.svgtwitter.svgemail.svg

Cambria County, Pa. (WJAC) — In July, Governor Tom Wolf placed more restrictions on bars and restaurants after a spike in COVID-19 cases throughout Pennsylvania.

Effective July 16th bars and restaurants must offer sit-down dine-in meals at a table or booth to customers in order to sell alcohol.

The Freight Station in Johnstown has temporarily closed its doors after owner Lance Ross says the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board stopped by on Saturday.

“I thought I was following the guidelines by everybody was purchasing food and as far as I could tell the majority of people were eating food they bought. It’s just that they said it wasn’t enough and that’s where the discrepancy is what wasn’t enough,” said Ross.

Ross says the new restrictions from Governor Wolf are vague and the PLCB said they will be giving him a citation, but he’s not sure what it will be for yet.

In order to protect his business, Ross says he’s closing for now rather than for good. Ross says the PLCB told him if they came back and he was violating another restriction that his license could be suspended.

“If somebody were to come in and get served under age it’s cut and dry it’s black and white, but with the rules they have now it’s a decision made now by each individual agent whether I’m properly following them or not,” said Ross.

Ross says they want to do what’s right and open safely, but feel the restrictions are too vague to take that chance. Ross says he will keep his bar closed until some of the restrictions are lifted taking a toll on not just his business but others as well.

“I think a lot people don’t understand it’s just not me and my employees, it’s the beer distributors, the food suppliers, the bands themselves that aren’t able to play and make an income. It just rolls downhill and there’s so many people that this is affecting,” said Ross.                                                                                     SEE VIDEO REPORT     ;     https://wjactv.com/news/local/i-thought-i-was-following-guidelines-johnstown-bar-cited-chooses-to-temporarily-close

Lawmaker introduces package to provide relief to restaurants 'burdened' by restrictions

by CBS 21 News 

3a7f5bf8-88da-43b0-a19d-45d7d12fa470-lar
taste of sicily.jpg

Harrisburg, PA — Pennsylvania State Senator Pat Stefano (R-32) is introducing a package of bills aimed at providing relief to bars and restaurants across the commonwealth in response to restrictions imposed by the Wolf Administration to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.

Stefano calls the Wolf Administration's restrictions 'burdensome and unfair' and says his package of bills will help many businesses that are struggling to say open keep their workers employed.

Stefano says the four bills he is proposing have the backing of the Pennsylvania Restaurant and Lodging Association and the Pennsylvania Licensed Beverage & Tavern Association and include recommendations from their members. The measures would:

• Remove the restriction that all businesses in the retail food services industry may only have up to 25 people or 25 percent of their state fire-code minimum occupancy for indoor dining. These establishments will still be required to maintain social distancing by either 6 feet or a physical barrier.
  • Remove the restriction that patrons must purchase a meal to buy alcoholic beverages for on-premise consumption. Additionally, it will eliminate the prohibition on bar service, both for food and beverages, as long as social distancing or physical barriers are in place and that patrons remain seated while eating and drinking.
  • Allow licensees to expand its outdoor licensed premises to non-contiguous areas within 250 feet of the licensee for outdoor dining.
  • Waive license renewal and permit fees that are paid by restaurants and taverns for one year from the date of implementation.

The senator says that the measures he is introducing are crucial to helping the restaurant industry and its workers, "which have been hit hard by the Governor's new restrictions."

“Overwhelmingly, businesses in this industry have been working hard and in good faith to observe and follow all the various guidelines and regulations issued by the Governor, the Department of Health, and the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board,” Stefano said. “From the beginning, they recognized the need to play a role in mitigating the spread of COVID-19 and followed health protocols and guidelines to keep their establishments and customers safe. Despite making every conceivable effort to operate safely, they have faced increasingly burdensome restrictions that are putting many restaurants and bars out of business and costing jobs.”

The Independent Fiscal Office has estimated that Pennsylvania’s foodservice industry has lost over 134,000 workers this year. Additionally, the House Majority Policy Committee recently received testimony that under these current restrictions, Pennsylvania can expect the permanent closing of 7,500 restaurants, resulting in the loss of 175,000 jobs.                                                                                                                            https://wjactv.com/news/local/lawmaker-introduces-package-to-provide-relief-to-restaurants-burdened-by-restrictions

Let free AMERICANS run their own business and get rid of the political idiots trying to run people's lives.

Enough already.

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

You can go into a bar and drink providing you order food?????????

Just how does that stop the virus??????

I could drink a beer through a mask if I was thirsty enough but I can't imagine eating a 20 ounce steak through a mask.

Can you.

Where is the end of the stupid???

I have that answer but I am in the message place so my fingers will be still.

Carry on with the automatic acceptance of the stupid.

1 hour ago, allboys said:

Why should a consumer be told what they should consider a "meal"?  Dammit, if I want poppers for dinner who the hell does Wolf thinks he is dictating that isn't a meal for me?  What freaking difference does ordering food make?  Is it mandated that if I order the meal I have to consume it? Can I leave it front of me, picking at a crumb every 5 minutes, then take it home?  Who in the hell comes up with this bullshit that comes out of his office? A 2 year old?

Because tiny minded wolf and his side kick are control FREAKS.

I know this wouldn't have been a popular measure either, but "supposedly" this restriction was to keep people from staying too long and drinking too much.  Then a limit on the number of drinks you could purchase would have been appropriate enough to accomplish that.  People could have still met up with their friends, had a beer or two and then left--maybe even went to another establishment.  We used to call it bar hopping back in the day....  you never stayed too long at any one place.  Obviously, those consuming would need a designated driver...  

Telling "free" adults what constitutes a meal is way over the threshold of reasonable.  In my life: Fries have been a meal, cheese sticks have been a meal, a bag of microwave popcorn has been a meal...Heck a bag of potato chips has even filled the void. 

"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse." - Thomas Jefferson

What is a person supposed to do if they drink their meals????

On 8/12/2020 at 12:43 PM, mr.d said:

'I thought I was following guidelines': Johnstown bar cited, chooses to temporarily close

by Haleigh DiBetta

FREIGHT STATION.PNG

Cambria County, Pa. (WJAC) — In July, Governor Tom Wolf placed more restrictions on bars and restaurants after a spike in COVID-19 cases throughout Pennsylvania.

Effective July 16th bars and restaurants must offer sit-down dine-in meals at a table or booth to customers in order to sell alcohol.

The Freight Station in Johnstown has temporarily closed its doors after owner Lance Ross says the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board stopped by on Saturday.

“I thought I was following the guidelines by everybody was purchasing food and as far as I could tell the majority of people were eating food they bought. It’s just that they said it wasn’t enough and that’s where the discrepancy is what wasn’t enough,” said Ross.

Ross says the new restrictions from Governor Wolf are vague and the PLCB said they will be giving him a citation, but he’s not sure what it will be for yet.

In order to protect his business, Ross says he’s closing for now rather than for good. Ross says the PLCB told him if they came back and he was violating another restriction that his license could be suspended.

“If somebody were to come in and get served under age it’s cut and dry it’s black and white, but with the rules they have now it’s a decision made now by each individual agent whether I’m properly following them or not,” said Ross.

Ross says they want to do what’s right and open safely, but feel the restrictions are too vague to take that chance. Ross says he will keep his bar closed until some of the restrictions are lifted taking a toll on not just his business but others as well.

“I think a lot people don’t understand it’s just not me and my employees, it’s the beer distributors, the food suppliers, the bands themselves that aren’t able to play and make an income. It just rolls downhill and there’s so many people that this is affecting,” said Ross.                                                                                     SEE VIDEO REPORT     ;     https://wjactv.com/news/local/i-thought-i-was-following-guidelines-johnstown-bar-cited-chooses-to-temporarily-close

This is the result of millions of people not taking the guidelines serious..............we have only ourselves to blame......

1 hour ago, conservativeman633 said:

This is the result of millions of people not taking the guidelines serious..............we have only ourselves to blame......

No. This is the result of ONE man with an opinion forcing that opinion on everyone.  By his own admission his recommendations are based on solely HIS opinion.  We have ONE man to blame, his name is Tom Wolf.

No. This is the result of ONE man with an opinion forcing that opinion on everyone.  By his own admission his recommendations are based on solely HIS opinion.  We have ONE man to blame, his name is Tom Wolf.

I do not believe in blaming our lives based on what politicians do....

1 hour ago, conservativeman633 said:

I do not believe in blaming our lives based on what politicians do....

Your statement makes no sense.  I mean that literally.  It grammatically makes zero sense.  However, I am reading that you do not believe in basing the way we live our lives on what politicians do.  We agree on that.  We should NOT live our lives based on this man's opinion, conjecture, and narcissim.  I do see why you like him so much.  Oh and you should know, when the politican in question is the one pulling licenses and shutting down businesses and threatening people's liveliehoods then the blame DOES belong on him and him alone.

Your statement makes no sense.  I mean that literally.  It grammatically makes zero sense.  However, I am reading that you do not believe in basing the way we live our lives on what politicians do.  We agree on that.  We should NOT live our lives based on this man's opinion, conjecture, and narcissim.  I do see why you like him so much.  Oh and you should know, when the politican in question is the one pulling licenses and shutting down businesses and threatening people's liveliehoods then the blame DOES belong on him and him alone.

nope-----no excuses

7 hours ago, allboys said:

Nothing he says makes any sense. 

Guest Guest

Part time server earns 3.25 and hour plus tips.  No health insurance or family med leave, or retirement offered.  This is a part time job.  Wolfe hates this and wants us to pay 12. an hour plus benifits and is determined to drive us "dive bars" out of business.  My customers had great meals, a couple of drinks, and tipped accouding to their level of service.  Server earned about 21.00/hour last night

22 hours ago, conservativeman633 said:

Okay, I'm one in a million.  I'll accept my share of the blame.  Will you?  Have your actions had the desired results.  Have mine done anything to hinder your desired results?  Have your actions done anything to improve everyone's lives?  You don't know these things anymore than anyone else, you simply feel better doing what someone tells you might work.  If that makes you happy, that's all well and good, but you telling others what they need to do isn't working.

On 8/13/2020 at 3:25 PM, Lyndsey33 said:

I've had many meals that were a bag of chips and dip. Yummm.

I think its time open up and get people back to work.  Take whatever precautions you want to. People are going to get sick no matter what.  Its never going away.  And the vaccine is not necessary going to work on everybody. People have different chemistries.

13 minutes ago, jaman said:

I think its time open up and get people back to work.  Take whatever precautions you want to. People are going to get sick no matter what.  Its never going away.  And the vaccine is not necessary going to work on everybody. People have different chemistries.

The work is here and open. Our job and another major construction project are hiring people from other States. The areas I'm in there are help wanted signs all over the place for many businesses. 

2 hours ago, hipower said:

Okay, I'm one in a million.  I'll accept my share of the blame.  Will you?  Have your actions had the desired results.  Have mine done anything to hinder your desired results?  Have your actions done anything to improve everyone's lives?  You don't know these things anymore than anyone else, you simply feel better doing what someone tells you might work.  If that makes you happy, that's all well and good, but you telling others what they need to do isn't working.

does make me feel anything, nor am I trying to "make anything work".........just stating what I know to be a fact.

Yes--we are all to blame by our actions or inactions-------