GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

Confidential Agreement Uncovered Allowed Pa. Car Show To Happen Despite Covid-19 Restrictions

SPONSOR:  

1 hour ago, buschpounder said:

So protests and car shows are exempt from covid restrictions.  Are there any other interests the governor may have where the risk is worth the " real gamble" of contracting the covid virus?

Any business that is owned and operated by the Wolf family and or their acquaintances are exempt too....

All Events

Fall Carlisle

September 30 @ 7:00 am - October 4 @ 12:00 pm

CE_FC_SwapMeet_AW-2018_011.jpg

Join us at Fall Carlisle and you’ll experience a massive automotive flea market like no other! Explore the 82 acres of the Carlisle PA Fairgrounds that is made up of 8,100 spaces of vendors selling anything from automotive parts, accessories, cars, collectibles, memorabilia and more. Another special feature is the Manufacturers Midway, full of all the latest and greatest products & services. Accompanying the automotive flea market across the street, is the two-day Fall Carlisle Auction, with over 500 consignments going across the block! Put on your comfy shoes and come on out to Fall Carlisle!

Details

Start:
September 30 @ 7:00 am
End:
October 4 @ 12:00 pm
Event Category:
Swap Meet
Event Tags:
Swap Meet
https://www.carlisleevents.com/events/events-detail/index?id=fall+carlisle

Organizer

Carlisle Events
Phone:
717-243-7855
Email:
info@carlisleevents.com
www.carlisleevents.com

Venue

Carlisle PA Fairgrounds
1000 Bryn Mawr Road
Carlisle, PA 17013 United States 
+ Google Map
Phone:
www.carlisleevents.com

I was at the Ford Nationals in Carlisle with my wife for 2 days in the beginning of August, we have not heard of anyone that attended coming down with COVID. They have a mask requirement and hand sanitizer all over the place. We are planning on attending the fall show just to get away for another weekend.

Ahh.  So the again the virus is still developing human characteristics:  now it "loves" (...when people gather..)  Such a complex brain it has, capable of thought, action and even emotion. 

I joked in the past that perhaps this is all tongue in cheek code for that a human is "the virus."   M. Night Shyamalan's The Village keeps coming to mind.  Perhaps some of Hollywood has been warning us to not always believe what you are told. 

"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse." - Thomas Jefferson

18 hours ago, hilltop said:

If the show is happening, it will be interesting  to see if there will be a huge spike in cases in the 2 weeks following. Just sayin'.

Dirt track racing has been going on all summer in PA. Particularly in central PA, in the governors back yard. I've been to a number of them myself.

I've seen no evidence or reports of any increased cases of Covid from these events. I can attest to the lack of masks and social distancing at all of the ones I've been at.

2 hours ago, hipower said:

Dirt track racing has been going on all summer in PA. Particularly in central PA, in the governors back yard. I've been to a number of them myself.

I've seen no evidence or reports of any increased cases of Covid from these events. I can attest to the lack of masks and social distancing at all of the ones I've been at.

Yes, we have been racing all over western pa all summer. The stands have been full at all tracks.

4 hours ago, hipower said:

Port Royal is the place to be starting tonight!

Lucas Oil Late Models Rumble By The River!

Can Kyle Larson's dominance of the open wheel ranks continue with the Lucas Oil Late Models? He sure has the car and crew chief to make it happen in the Rumley #6!

10 minutes ago, NikonSniper said:

Port Royal is the place to be starting tonight!

Lucas Oil Late Models Rumble By The River!

Can Kyle Larson's dominance of the open wheel ranks continue with the Lucas Oil Late Models? He sure has the car and crew chief to make it happen in the Rumley #6!

Should be interesting.  We were down to Lincoln last week for the WoO late models, but can't make Port Royal this week.

11 minutes ago, hipower said:

Should be interesting.  We were down to Lincoln last week for the WoO late models, but can't make Port Royal this week.

I never thought I'd say this but Port Royal has blown Lernerville out of the water as the premier track in the Mid-Atlantic/East Coast. I'd say Port is sitting #4 in the Country behind Knoxville, Eldora and Lucas Oil Raceway in my opinion.

28 minutes ago, NikonSniper said:

I never thought I'd say this but Port Royal has blown Lernerville out of the water as the premier track in the Mid-Atlantic/East Coast. I'd say Port is sitting #4 in the Country behind Knoxville, Eldora and Lucas Oil Raceway in my opinion.

We race lernerville weekly. It has been going down hill in many ways, from track upgrades to racers payout. Definitely not in the Don Martin way of doing things anymore. 

19 hours ago, NikonSniper said:

Makes for an interesting discussion over a few beers, but hard not to agree.  I've never been to Lucas Oil, watched it on TV, but I've made the other three.  If you spread the list a little further south I'd throw in Volusia and The Dirt Track at Charlotte as excellent venues also.