GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
Lyndsey33

Now from the CDC

SPONSOR:  

This is a dumb question, but I don't understand about the folks with high blood pressure being a risk, if their blood pressure is well controlled with meds.  Are they still in danger?  I myself have slightly higher blood pressure, and I'm over 50 so my doctor has me on a low dose blood pressure med. which keeps my blood pressure in a safe reading.  Anyone know about this?

Every day is a gift from God; that's why we call it the "present!"

1 hour ago, Cacao said:

Define "rise to this challenge".  How did our President fail to "rise to this challenge"?  I would like to hear your Monday morning quarterback assessment.  

Its just my opinion,   What did he do??  He fought against all guidelines that were given to combat this virus, the masks, social distancing, etc. It MAY have worked out better if he worked with the experts instead of against them.  

1 hour ago, hipower said:

Do I believe he did everything perfect?  No.  But I also don't believe it is the job of the government, at any level, to protect me from everything in life that is risky.  I also believe that anything this president would have done would not have been satisfactory to a lot of people.  In particular the doom and gloom reporters who couldn't do enough to make this administration look bed for the last 3 1/2 years.  Of course people who don't agree will jump to the conclusion that I'm a died in the wool Trump supporter.  Far from the truth, but I do support him.  Why?  Because he is our President and we elected him.  I didn't vote for him or Hillary so I am an equal opportunity voter.  I wasn't happy with either choice then and I'm not happy with either choice we are facing now.  How I'll vote is undetermined, but it's between me and my creator.  

good post, but trump disregarded the established playbook for pandemics, the one given to him when took over.

2 hours ago, disgruntled said:

I don't plan on masking up in public for the rest of my days.  Some of you need to come to grips that you need to protect yourself and not expect others to do it for you. 

I always did wash my hands frequently, I prefer to social distance from mostly everyone  because most of humanity is awful--the self proclaimed righteous are the worst offenders---I don't spit on people when I speak and I cover a sneeze or a cough--on top of covering those things--if I can, I walk away from people are to sneeze and cough if I must do either.  Oh, and I also stay home when I don't feel well. 

"if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem"......remember that one?

1 hour ago, mollycan said:

Its just my opinion,   What did he do??  He fought against all guidelines that were given to combat this virus, the masks, social distancing, etc. It MAY have worked out better if he worked with the experts instead of against them.  

Ok, you're right.  He did delay in support of those.  Let's be fair, masks and social distancing are very minor in the elimination of this or any virus.  Those are mitigation tactics.  People are still getting the virus, and many are not, with doing both.  Virus gonna virus.

Our President focused on what mattered most.  Immediately increased production of ventilators, removed bureaucratic red tape to get expedite testing (covid and vaccine), provided space (convention center in NYC and two Navy ships), stopped travel, supported lockdown (which I adamantly opposed), quickly signed a stimulus bill, and more.  Weirdly, the guy running against supported most of what he was doing...until he realized he was running against him.  But, if folks want to conveniently forget all of that and focus on the silly masks and standing x feet apart as real solutions, have at it.

1 hour ago, conservativeman633 said:

"if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem"......remember that one?

How will you ever survive post-"pandemic"?  Will you shutter yourself in your home?  Will you wear a mask for the rest of your life? Will you go to restaurants?  Will you hug your friends and family that don't reside with you?  Will you go to your kid's/grandchildren's school activities?  Will you got to church?  Will you attend picnics?  Will you attend weddings an funerals?  Will you visit friends and family that are in hospitals or nursing homes?  Will you support and attend fundraisers such as Community Days/Relay For Life/Holiday Ball/Chamber & Jaycees golf scramble?  Will you be the first in line to get the Covid-19 vaccine? 

"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse." - Thomas Jefferson

2 hours ago, disgruntled said:

How will you ever survive post-"pandemic"?  Will you shutter yourself in your home?  Will you wear a mask for the rest of your life? Will you go to restaurants?  Will you hug your friends and family that don't reside with you?  Will you go to your kid's/grandchildren's school activities?  Will you got to church?  Will you attend picnics?  Will you attend weddings an funerals?  Will you visit friends and family that are in hospitals or nursing homes?  Will you support and attend fundraisers such as Community Days/Relay For Life/Holiday Ball/Chamber & Jaycees golf scramble?  Will you be the first in line to get the Covid-19 vaccine? 

???????????????  What does THIS have to do with anything??

8 hours ago, disgruntled said:

I don't plan on masking up in public for the rest of my days.  Some of you need to come to grips that you need to protect yourself and not expect others to do it for you. 

I always did wash my hands frequently, I prefer to social distance from mostly everyone  because most of humanity is awful--the self proclaimed righteous are the worst offenders---I don't spit on people when I speak and I cover a sneeze or a cough--on top of covering those things--if I can, I walk away from people are to sneeze and cough if I must do either.  Oh, and I also stay home when I don't feel well. 

Ask the mask wearers a simple question. When will they quit wearing a mask.

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

5 hours ago, mollycan said:

Prove those accusations with your own words.

How do you know he fought against all the guidelines?

Because you were told he did?

5 minutes ago, fedup said:

Prove those accusations with your own words.

How do you know he fought against all the guidelines?

Because you were told he did?

Told? Of course not.  I only know what I  have  seen and heard him say or do when it comes to a masks,  social distancing   Or speaking up for following the guidelines.

1 minute ago, mollycan said:

Told? Of course not.  I only know what I  have  seen and heard him say or do when it comes to a masks,  social distancing   Or speaking up for following the guidelines.

Did he tell you not to wear a mask?

Did he tell you not to stay 6 feet away from other people?

Did he tell you to quit washing your hands?

Just what did he tell you, that you just have to do?

Or did he work at letting your actions totally up to you? Treating you like a free citizen that lives in a free country?

4 hours ago, disgruntled said:

Hell with post-pandemic, I have done all those things and more now. I do wear a mask when requested by a non-government entity and I don't stay home. 

1 hour ago, fedup said:

Ask the mask wearers a simple question. When will they quit wearing a mask.

Simple, when it is no longer required or requested.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

10 hours ago, Petee said:

Simple, when it is no longer required or requested.

By who? YOU?

Or someone else or thing running your life with false information?

8 minutes ago, mollycan said:

Kind of amazes me ,  all  these Covid-19 posts and everyone thinks they are right, when really aren't they all just "our own opinions" and maybe that should be kept in mind.  

It shouldn't amaze you, it should be expected.  This is the USA where we have the freedom to think for ourselves (Thank GOD).  The point, my point, in the case of personal health, one should be allowed to think for themselves and do what they believe (usually always an opinion) is best for themselves.  I am not at high risk for covid and therefore I choose not to be forced as though I am.  

21 hours ago, Polo said:

This is a dumb question, but I don't understand about the folks with high blood pressure being a risk, if their blood pressure is well controlled with meds.  Are they still in danger?  I myself have slightly higher blood pressure, and I'm over 50 so my doctor has me on a low dose blood pressure med. which keeps my blood pressure in a safe reading.  Anyone know about this?

From the studies I have read, the verdict is still out. Unfortunately, the research takes time. As one theory is explored and rejected, a new hypothesis must be tested. At first they thought it could be associated with the medications but concluded that they could actually be helpful. The current theory is that high blood pressure, over time, damages the tiny blood vessels that deliver blood to all of the major organ and "stiffens" the heart chambers. As those blood vessels become less efficient,  the lungs, kidneys and brain are damaged. The heart chambers that fill with blood are less flexible and less blood pumped out, again causing less blood and oxygen to the organs. In my opinion, better control of the blood pressure would lead to less damage and less risk. The bottom line is nobody really knows. The science of this disease is constantly evolving. All that can be said for certain is the majority of patients with complications from COVID-19 had long term high blood pressure. 

Something is going to cause the death of every human being on this planet.  So by the logic of many...trying to avoid the virus in case it might cause death...we should also avoid vehicles as we might die in accident.  We should avoid swimming because we might drown.  We should avoid people for eternity because we might get a cold or the flu that could lead to pneumonia and death.  We should avoid eating and drinking because we might choke.  We should not hike in the wood because we might get bit by something, a snake or a spider. 

Life is not without risk.  It is my decision to view the information provided to me and decide if the risk is worth it to me.  It is my decision what actions to take to mitigate my own risk to anything and everything.  It is also my decision to decide if I want treatment for anything.

Thankfully I made my decisions about treatments and what not over 10 years ago.  If it comes down to it and I end up with cancer, I do NOT want treatment.  If it comes down to it and a doctor determines I need a ventilator, I DECLINE.  I decline the flu shot.  I will decline any vaccine for COVID.  

I make the decisions that concern me.  I don't need, nor want the government to mandate what is in my best interest.  They are not living my life.  Now it just needs to get to the point that people can understand that "mitigation" does not mean "elimination".

4 hours ago, mollycan said:

Kind of amazes me ,  all  these Covid-19 posts and everyone thinks they are right, when really aren't they all just "our own opinions" and maybe that should be kept in mind.  

What amazes me is some people are willing to turn their lives over to opinions without a second thought and one shred of poof.