GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

New COVID-19 Cases At DuBois Nursing Home

Officials: New COVID-19 cases at DuBois Nursing Home

by WJAC Staff

There are new COVID-19 cases at the Dubois Nursing Home, according to officials.
There are new COVID-19 cases at the Dubois Nursing Home, according to officials.
facebook.svgtwitter.svgemail.svg

DuBois, Pa. (WJAC) — The DuBois Continuum of Care Community announced Sunday that there are 11 new COVID-19 cases between residents and staff at the DuBois Nursing Home.

According to a letter sent out to family members and responsible parties, four of those cases are in residents, bringing the total to 22. Officials say two residents have a new onset of respiratory symptoms within a 72-hour period.

The seven other cases are in staff members, which brings the total to 14. According to its website, one staff member has a new onset of respiratory symptoms within a 72-hour period.

According to officials, there are no confirmed cases in the DuBois Village.

Those poor people!  They're already living in difficulty, and now this.  I suppose they won't be able to trace it back to whoever brought it into the facility, but whatever, I hope it isn't repeated and can be stopped quickly.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

Guest Herd Mentality

Glad you are talking about this Petee. Seems that most people on......

FROM ADMIN: If you want to post anymore please register. Your IP address has OVER 15 GUEST POSTS, which I usually allow only your first 5 as a guest. thank you Herd, (LF4444)

So what if they can trace it back. What should the home do? Horse whip the person who had it first? Nobody knows even how the person got the virus and nobody can say it's because the person was maskless or because they were in touch with a maskless person. Could have been a masked person with Covid who kept touching their mask and spreading the germs from touching the mask. Just saying cause I know it will be blamed on a maskless person even tho nobody knows.

I think we're all thoroughly sick of it and want to go back to normal.  I asked my granddaughter today how she felt pre-Covid and now post-Covid.  She works with a lot of other people in a greenhouse and quite a few there had it which may be the numbers seen in Jefferson County recently.

She said she thought it was mostly political and not as serious as was being said, but now, she said she has never had anything like it before that made her that sick for so long.  She still has asthma like symptoms and some fatigue from it, but is otherwise pretty well.  It became real and very dangerous to her overnight.  She said that not being able to take a deep breath was terrifying.

I wanted to hear it directly from her.  She is young and healthy, quite a fighter and it still got her.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, Petee said:

I think we're all thoroughly sick of it and want to go back to normal.  I asked my granddaughter today how she felt pre-Covid and now post-Covid.  She works with a lot of other people in a greenhouse and quite a few there had it which may be the numbers seen in Jefferson County recently.

She said she thought it was mostly political and not as serious as was being said, but now, she said she has never had anything like it before that made her that sick for so long.  She still has asthma like symptoms and some fatigue from it, but is otherwise pretty well.  It became real and very dangerous to her overnight.  She said that not being able to take a deep breath was terrifying.

I wanted to hear it directly from her.  She is young and healthy, quite a fighter and it still got her.

Just curious on what medicine your granddaughter was given after she found out she had it? 

14 hours ago, Pompeii said:

Just curious on what medicine your granddaughter was given after she found out she had it? 

14 hours ago, Pompeii said:

I'm not sure but I will ask her.

Albert Einstein