Jump to content
GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

Gov.Wolf Receives Hubert H.Humphrey Award For Public Service

Recommended Posts

Gov. Wolf Receives Hubert H. Humphrey Award for Public Service

September 11, 2020 12:23 am·
Author: Maxfield Lane
 

wolf-books-1024x683-1.jpgHARRISBURG, Pa. – Governor Tom Wolf received the American Political Science Association (APSA) Hubert H. Humphrey Award. This award, which was announced during a virtual ceremony at the APSA annual meeting, honors notable public service by a political scientist.

Previous recipients of the award include Condoleezza Rice, Susan E. Rice, Henry G. Cisneros, Mark Hatfield, Madeline Albright, Donna E. Shalala, Brent Scowcroft, and Daniel Patrick Moynihan.

Tom Wolf embarked on a lifetime of public service early when he interrupted his undergraduate studies at Dartmouth to spend two years serving in the peace corps in India. He went on to earn a doctorate in political science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and his doctoral thesis was awarded APSA’s E. E. Schattschneider Award for best dissertation in the field of American government in 1983. After completing his studies, Tom returned to his hometown in York County, PA, to begin working for the family business. As a business owner, Tom invested in his employees because he knew that it was their work that truly made the Wolf Organization successful.

Throughout his life, Tom has remained committed to volunteering in his community, and has served on the boards of numerous organizations dedicated to education, health, welfare, economic development, culture and the arts. Tom’s leadership philosophy is an extension of his lifelong investment in community development. The desire to serve his fellow Pennsylvanians drove Tom to run for governor, and continues to guide his actions every day.

During his tenure in Harrisburg, Gov. Wolf has fought for change to improve the lives of Pennsylvanians. Gov. Wolf has invested in education, improved health care, fought the opioid epidemic, and advocated for government reform. Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, he has worked tirelessly to protect the public health and help the commonwealth recover from the crisis.

“I am honored to receive the Hubert H. Humphrey Award,” said Gov. Wolf. “Though I am not a career politician, I have always felt a deep call to service, and it is a great honor to have that service recognized by such a distinguished organization. I am proud to serve my fellow Pennsylvanians as their governor.”                                                                                                                                                                https://www.explorejeffersonpa.com/gov-wolf-receives-hubert-h-humphrey-award-for-public-service/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mr.d said:

Gov. Wolf Receives Hubert H. Humphrey Award for Public Service

September 11, 2020 12:23 am·
Author: Maxfield Lane
 

wolf-books-1024x683-1.jpgHARRISBURG, Pa. – Governor Tom Wolf received the American Political Science Association (APSA) Hubert H. Humphrey Award. This award, which was announced during a virtual ceremony at the APSA annual meeting, honors notable public service by a political scientist.

Previous recipients of the award include Condoleezza Rice, Susan E. Rice, Henry G. Cisneros, Mark Hatfield, Madeline Albright, Donna E. Shalala, Brent Scowcroft, and Daniel Patrick Moynihan.

Tom Wolf embarked on a lifetime of public service early when he interrupted his undergraduate studies at Dartmouth to spend two years serving in the peace corps in India. He went on to earn a doctorate in political science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and his doctoral thesis was awarded APSA’s E. E. Schattschneider Award for best dissertation in the field of American government in 1983. After completing his studies, Tom returned to his hometown in York County, PA, to begin working for the family business. As a business owner, Tom invested in his employees because he knew that it was their work that truly made the Wolf Organization successful.

Throughout his life, Tom has remained committed to volunteering in his community, and has served on the boards of numerous organizations dedicated to education, health, welfare, economic development, culture and the arts. Tom’s leadership philosophy is an extension of his lifelong investment in community development. The desire to serve his fellow Pennsylvanians drove Tom to run for governor, and continues to guide his actions every day.

During his tenure in Harrisburg, Gov. Wolf has fought for change to improve the lives of Pennsylvanians. Gov. Wolf has invested in education, improved health care, fought the opioid epidemic, and advocated for government reform. Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, he has worked tirelessly to protect the public health and help the commonwealth recover from the crisis.

“I am honored to receive the Hubert H. Humphrey Award,” said Gov. Wolf. “Though I am not a career politician, I have always felt a deep call to service, and it is a great honor to have that service recognized by such a distinguished organization. I am proud to serve my fellow Pennsylvanians as their governor.”                                                                                                                                                                https://www.explorejeffersonpa.com/gov-wolf-receives-hubert-h-humphrey-award-for-public-service/

Proud of our governor. He is a great example to others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2020 at 8:33 AM, conservativeman633 said:

Proud of our governor. He is a great example to others.

Are you just kidding and messing with all of us? You must really have a different way of thinking. What in the world makes him a good person? Shutting down our state and making him the reason we have to follow he and his shim's rules?


"" The measure of success is where preparation and opportunity meet ""

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BillyC said:

Are you just kidding and messing with all of us? You must really have a different way of thinking. What in the world makes him a good person? Shutting down our state and making him the reason we have to follow he and his shim's rules?

???

With all due respect why would you question my seriousness over this award??   Do you understand anything about who gave this to our governor??

How is this a "different way of thinking"??  Different than who?------non scholars/thinkers ??  ..........What...???????

I recognize leadership from experience on both ends, and I recognize the honor he received here.  I believe in giving credit where it is due. (I know that can be hard when we 'don't like someone'----but hey, we are adults , right?)).......

I may not have liked all his decisions, but I certainly appreciate the service this award verifies.

All Pennsylvanians should be proud.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, conservativeman633 said:

???

With all due respect why would you question my seriousness over this award??   Do you understand anything about who gave this to our governor??

How is this a "different way of thinking"??  Different than who?------non scholars/thinkers ??  ..........What...???????

I recognize leadership from experience on both ends, and I recognize the honor he received here.  I believe in giving credit where it is due. (I know that can be hard when we 'don't like someone'----but hey, we are adults , right?)).......

I may not have liked all his decisions, but I certainly appreciate the service this award verifies.

All Pennsylvanians should be proud.

 

 

 

No we should not have to be proud. Him receiving this award is a slap in the face of someone out there who deserves it .  He is not a leader.  We are adults right? You can understand, being an adult that the majority here do not agree with you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, allboys said:

No we should not have to be proud. Him receiving this award is a slap in the face of someone out there who deserves it .  He is not a leader.  We are adults right? You can understand, being an adult that the majority here do not agree with you?

??  The organization is a worthy one......sorry you feel that way.

I did not say that others agree with me........where are you coming from??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, conservativeman633 said:

??  The organization is a worthy one......sorry you feel that way.

I did not say that others agree with me........where are you coming from??

Knock off playing dumb. No one buys the act. Where did I mention the organization at all?  Ohhh... I didn't. Just you trying the magician's slight of hand act.  It matters not the organization. Wolf is not worthy to be honored, for anything, period. Again. I never said others agree with you. That is the point.  Your convenient acts of stupidity deserve an award all their own.  :busted2:

So what did he do with the money?  No mention of that. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, allboys said:

Knock off playing dumb. No one buys the act. Where did I mention the organization at all?  Ohhh... I didn't. Just you trying the magician's slight of hand act.  It matters not the organization. Wolf is not worthy to be honored, for anything, period. Again.

I am sure the org. has a tad more resources than we do-------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BillyC said:

Are you just kidding and messing with all of us? You must really have a different way of thinking. What in the world makes him a good person? Shutting down our state and making him the reason we have to follow he and his shim's rules?

It's why he is here.


       THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

       MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

                                      ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, allboys said:

No we should not have to be proud. Him receiving this award is a slap in the face of someone out there who deserves it .  He is not a leader.  We are adults right? You can understand, being an adult that the majority here do not agree with you?

Not everyone here acts like the adult you want to believe in. Some are still trying to hang on to the Merry-go-round in 3rd grade.


       THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

       MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

                                      ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, allboys said:

Knock off playing dumb. No one buys the act. Where did I mention the organization at all?  Ohhh... I didn't. Just you trying the magician's slight of hand act.  It matters not the organization. Wolf is not worthy to be honored, for anything, period. Again. I never said others agree with you. That is the point.  Your convenient acts of stupidity deserve an award all their own.  :busted2:

So what did he do with the money?  No mention of that. 😂

The money went to buying masks for nursing homes?


       THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

       MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

                                      ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2020 at 2:45 PM, conservativeman633 said:

Hey LFG----The Civil ended in the 1860s

As per current thought there was no Civil War. It was just the first skirmish in the BLM movement. :rolleyes:

These awards have become the equivalent of the "self esteem" awards that the kids get. Poor Tommy is taking so much flack that he needs an ego boost. Somebody obliged. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has the "Dynamic Duo" received their award from the funeral home industry for hastening the deaths of granny and papa?  And will they also be getting an award from Medicaid for "removing" some people from the programs? 


"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse." - Thomas Jefferson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, this is certainly a telling thing.


Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you...  Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal. Aristotle
First God created idiots.  That was for practice. Then He created school boards. Mark Twain
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. George Santayana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2020 at 2:46 PM, conservativeman633 said:

???

With all due respect why would you question my seriousness over this award??   Do you understand anything about who gave this to our governor??

How is this a "different way of thinking"??  Different than who?------non scholars/thinkers ??  ..........What...???????

I recognize leadership from experience on both ends, and I recognize the honor he received here.  I believe in giving credit where it is due. (I know that can be hard when we 'don't like someone'----but hey, we are adults , right?)).......

I may not have liked all his decisions, but I certainly appreciate the service this award verifies.

All Pennsylvanians should be proud.

 

 

 

As I've stated before..Pennsylvania used to have a Coyote problem...Pennsylvania now has a Wolf problem.


1) "Take off is optional....landing is mandatory"

2)  The secret to a long life is you try not to shorten it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


×
×
  • Create New...