GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

New Dollar General Coming To Brady Twp.

SPONSOR:  

3 hours ago, BillyC said:

Just imagine what it's going to be like getting into or out of there in the wintertime.

Well if ur from this area it shouldn't be bad. I swear when winter hits people act like it's their first rodeo... 

4 hours ago, BillyC said:

Just imagine what it's going to be like getting into or out of there in the wintertime.

58 minutes ago, jt85 said:

Well if ur from this area it shouldn't be bad. I swear when winter hits people act like it's their first rodeo... 

At least the curve was made better by PennDot about 10 or 20 years ago. I knew the family that used to live there and they told me about many a wreck there.

1 hour ago, BigT said:

At least the curve was made better by PennDot about 10 or 20 years ago. I knew the family that used to live there and they told me about many a wreck there.

Guess that's what happens when u don't know how to drive in the winter.  But then again I believe in full coverage just in case something unexpected happens.

DG has been open about their strategy to build as many stores in small towns as possible.  Kind of a McDonald's approach.  Buy as much real estate as possible at basement prices.  They are targeting the Walmart (WMT) shopper and it's having an effect on WMT share.  WMT shoppers generally live in rural areas.  DG is providing the opportunity for consumers to make 1 less trip to WMT, instead, going to DG to pick up what they need.  One thing is for certain, Amish love the DG!

1 hour ago, JimmyPete said:

I just miss the local stores like the one in Luthersburg Henry's?  and the one in Grampian  sholes that was burnt down... That offered more better local service.  I'm not a fan of DG.... Only good thing is the hire local people.

Will they ever rebuild the Sholes, or now Hoyt's in Grampian?  It was great store and served the Grampian community well.

1) "Take off is optional....landing is mandatory"

2)  The secret to a long life is you try not to shorten it.

On 9/28/2020 at 9:01 AM, BigT said:

My uncle died at Carson Hill in 1968 due to car wreck... I was only 2 but remember my dad was shaken up pretty bad.