GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Someone to install Garage Door Openers

SPONSOR:  

Guest Cautious
4 hours ago, Cacao said:

Garage door openers are rather simple to install yourself.  They usually come with detailed instructions.  Penn Central is good and all, but they are very expensive.

Do not attempt this yourself or even with a handyman friend.  Get a professional.  The process involves tightening a heavy duty spring.  If you make a mistake you could be badly injured or even killed.

5 hours ago, Cacao said:

Garage door openers are rather simple to install yourself.  They usually come with detailed instructions.  Penn Central is good and all, but they are very expensive.

Penn Central definitely is good but what determines why you think they are expensive? I am always happy with their work and nothing’s cheap anymore.

Andy is a great guy and his crew is very respectful. I'd give him a call. Wouldn't think it would be to expensive to install them. Penn central doors would be the best option. Sorry he's my neighbor and is a great guy. 

13 hours ago, Guest Cautious said:

Do not attempt this yourself or even with a handyman friend.  Get a professional.  The process involves tightening a heavy duty spring.  If you make a mistake you could be badly injured or even killed.

Springs are only involved if you're installing an entirely new door.  The original post said "garage door openers".  It's a very safe and simple process.  Might get zapped with some electric, if you aren't careful, but you won't die.  

12 hours ago, BigT said:

Penn Central definitely is good but what determines why you think they are expensive? I am always happy with their work and nothing’s cheap anymore.

I was in no way implying penn central was bad or does a lousy job.  When I can do it myself, it's expensive.  Never had a problem with them.  Only issue was justifying paying a bill when I'm fully capable.  

Guest the doorman

a guy , who is like an expert , is Clint Goss of Clearfield and is very reasonable . no more info available. He is widely known tho.

7 hours ago, Cacao said:

I was in no way implying penn central was bad or does a lousy job.  When I can do it myself, it's expensive.  Never had a problem with them.  Only issue was justifying paying a bill when I'm fully capable.  

Perhaps you're willing to install them for Jeff?  He must not have the time or the means to do it himself. 

I'm often willing to pay someone to complete tasks I COULD do myself--but don't wanna.  Sometimes my time is simply worth more than the money I spend to have someone else deal with it. 

My dear father doesn't understand why I have someone trim the shrubs at my house every year...with my dear dad's help it takes all day--the guy trims the shrubs, cleans up the debris and hauls it away--often while I'm at work. 

"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse." - Thomas Jefferson

1 hour ago, disgruntled said:

Perhaps you're willing to install them for Jeff?  He must not have the time or the means to do it himself. 

I'm often willing to pay someone to complete tasks I COULD do myself--but don't wanna.  Sometimes my time is simply worth more than the money I spend to have someone else deal with it. 

My dear father doesn't understand why I have someone trim the shrubs at my house every year...with my dear dad's help it takes all day--the guy trims the shrubs, cleans up the debris and hauls it away--often while I'm at work. 

I'd love to, but cannot get to it for another month.  I'm booked every weekend until the second weekend in Nov.