GoDuBois.com
Lupara

Pa.'s Second Lady verbally accosted

SPONSOR:  

2 hours ago, BillyC said:

Yes. Plus the stupid non knowledgeable idiot that was screaming that at her didn't realize she was from Brazil and just dark skinned. 

As well as the fact that she has been legal for a couple decades.  Blaming the current administration doesn't help.  The issue has been here through many presidents and will be through many more.  You can't fix stupid or stop them from teaching their stupid to their own children.

Gov. Wolf condemns hate speech toward Pa.’s second lady, calls it ‘shameful and unacceptable'

Pa.’s second lady speaks out after she says she was harassed, called racial slur at local grocery store
By: WPXI.com News Staff
Updated: October 12, 2020 - 5:30 PM

ALLEGHENY CO., Pa. — Pennsylvania’s Second Lady, Gisele Fetterman, says she was harassed and called a racial slur during a trip to a local grocery store on Sunday.

Fetterman, whose husband -- John Fetterman -- is Pa.'s lieutenant governor, told Channel 11 she went to Aldi on Lincoln Highway (Route 30) in Forest Hills to pick up a few things without her usual security. She said the store was only three minutes away, so she did not notify the state trooper assigned as her security.

While in the store, Fetterman said a woman approached her and started calling her different names, including the N-word. Other customers heard what was going on and asked Fetterman if she was OK, and she felt safe enough to leave.

However, Fetterman told Channel 11 that woman then followed her to her car and again called her names. At that point, Fetterman recorded a short video of the woman using the N-word toward her.

“I started to cry and I was shaking,” she said. “For someone to yell at you that you don’t belong or you’re this ... in public is so bold. I was immediately like an 8-year-old girl, just terrified.”

She posted her experience on Twitter later on, saying she was able to “finally capture (the incident) after the crying winded down.”

The video contains a racial slur, so we are not showing it in this article. You can read her full tweet here.

Fetterman said she wasn’t physically harmed, just emotionally. As a native of Brazil, she told Channel 11 she is not stranger to racism, unfortunately.

“Growing up as a young immigrant in this country, I was undocumented and we really had this journey where I felt I didn’t belong for a long time,” she said.

She told Channel 11 on Monday that she hopes by exposing her latest experience, it will teach others to be more accepting and kind.

“There is a lot of work to do. It makes me want to work that much harder for my community and state. It’s also really sad,” Fetterman said.

Monday morning, Gov. Tom Wolf condemned the unidentified woman’s comments, calling them “shameful and unacceptable.”

You can read the governor’s full statement below:

"The ethnic intimidation and racist speech spewed at the Second Lady of Pennsylvania is shameful and unacceptable. Racism and hate speech are always unacceptable, and unworthy of Pennsylvanians. No Pennsylvanian should ever be made to feel unwelcome in our commonwealth because of their race or ethnicity. Gisele Fetterman spends much of her time devoted to making our state and world a better place and she -- and every Pennsylvanian -- deserves our respect, not the hatred too often displayed by people who seek only to further divide this country at a time when unity is so desperately needed. The Second Lady has my and Frances’s full support and gratitude for her tireless work to make Pennsylvania the diverse, inclusive place it is today, even in the face of such ignorance and adversity.”

The Pittsburgh chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-Pittsburgh), a chapter of the largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, also issued a statement condemning the verbal attack:

“This disturbing incident demonstrates un-American behavior and is totally unacceptable in an inclusive society. The level of division and hatred spreading across this nation like wildfire is fueled by the hate rhetoric and policies of those at the highest level of our society. No one should have to endure such hatred and intimidation. It is more important than ever to stand up to bigotry whenever and wherever we see it.”                                                                                                      SEE VIDEO INTERVIEW      ;    https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories/gov-wolf-condemns-hate-speech-toward-pas-second-lady-calls-it-shameful-unacceptable/PHTJTVW47FF6ZPDOOQYEBIJXXM/

I guess i have to be the one to remind people of the truth.

Maxine Waters encourages supporters to harass Trump administration officials

Washington (CNN)Rep. Maxine Waters called on her supporters to publicly confront and harass members of the Trump administration in response to the "zero tolerance" policy that led to the separation of families at the border.

The California Democrat and vehement critic of President Donald Trump made the comments on Saturday, first at a rally in Los Angeles and later in a television interview. The comments, which come after several Trump administration officials have been recently protested at restaurants, have raised fresh questions about the state of American political discourse and were seized on by Trump for political gain.
"Let's make sure we show up wherever we have to show up. And if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere. We've got to get the children connected to their parents," Waters said at the Wilshire Federal Building, according to video of the event.
"We don't know what damage has been done to these children. All that we know is they're in cages. They're in prisons. They're in jails. I don't care what they call it, that's where they are and Mr. President, we will see you every day, every hour of the day, everywhere that we are to let you know you cannot get away with this," she added.

Waters appeared on MSNBC later in the day to double down on her remarks, saying she has "no sympathy" for members of the Trump administration.
"The people are going to turn on them. They're going to protest. They're going to absolutely harass them until they decide that they're going to tell the President, 'No, I can't hang with you.'"

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

3 hours ago, MIM307 said:

The truth is, a woman was called the n word for simply going to the grocery store.  Trying to justify that appalling behavior with some political party he said/she said article is quite simply disgusting.  Call a spade a spade.  End of story.  

I call it HYPOCRISY. They can dish it out, in fact demand it, but can't take it.

3 hours ago, MIM307 said:

The truth is, a woman was called the n word for simply going to the grocery store.  Trying to justify that appalling behavior with some political party he said/she said article is quite simply disgusting.  Call a spade a spade.  End of story.  

It's not a he said/ she said article. It's the absolute truth about a Congress woman demanding people to interrupt anyone connected to Trump while they were in public.

6 hours ago, MIM307 said:

Everything is political BS to some ppl.  This is why racism thrives.

3 minutes ago, brandn18 said:

Everything is political BS to some ppl.  This is why racism thrives.

Racism is not thriving. But stupidity is.

Hopefully she doesn't go anywhere else without her security.  In this day and age--why even attempt it?  Smells a wee bit of a political stunt that the one time she doesn't have her detail she gets harassed--in an area that has tons of darker skinned people than her and probably few people that know exactly who she is--heck I ran into someone that seemed to know me at Martin's the other day that I still don't know who they were thanks to masks--(before you jump down my throat: I WAS wearing one!!)  but I'm definitely not going to call her a liar.  `\_(",)_/`

"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse." - Thomas Jefferson

4 hours ago, fedup said:

It's not a he said/ she said article. It's the absolute truth about a Congress woman demanding people to interrupt anyone connected to Trump while they were in public.

Where do you stand with the video Fetterman posted?  

Stop trying to justify bad behavior with more bad behavior.  It makes you sound like a spoiled toddler  

6 minutes ago, MIM307 said:

Where do you stand with the video Fetterman posted?  

Stop trying to justify bad behavior with more bad behavior.  It makes you sound like a spoiled toddler  

The only thing I am justifying is the constant use of HYPOCRISY that the Liberals live by. We can do it, but you can't.

Why do I have to spell this out like I am talking to grade school kids?

Some woman, who we don't know, supposedly used the N word to verbally attack the governor's wife. If true, that sucks big time. 

Everyone is in a tizzy. "This should not happen in America" you all scream.

Meanwhile, you have a black Liberal Democrat woman from California demanding that people has to disrupt the public life of anyone connected to Trump Everytime they get a chance.  Not one word from any Liberal calling her out for saying such a thing.  That was two damn years ago, but not a peep from the D Liberal party.

So now we have a #$#&$$_ Woman we don't know being stupid and a voted for black woman who is a member of Congress doing pretty much the same thing.

Just who should we judge for doing despicable things?

1 hour ago, fedup said:

Why do I have to spell this out like I am talking to grade school kids?

Some woman, who we don't know, supposedly used the N word to verbally attack the governor's wife. If true, that sucks big time. 

Everyone is in a tizzy. "This should not happen in America" you all scream.

Meanwhile, you have a black Liberal Democrat woman from California demanding that people has to disrupt the public life of anyone connected to Trump Everytime they get a chance.  Not one word from any Liberal calling her out for saying such a thing.  That was two damn years ago, but not a peep from the D Liberal party.

So now we have a #$#&$$_ Woman we don't know being stupid and a voted for black woman who is a member of Congress doing pretty much the same thing.

Just who should we judge for doing despicable things?

You judge the azzhats that justify one bad behavior with another.  Party on Fed, party on. 

38 minutes ago, MIM307 said:

You judge the azzhats that justify one bad behavior with another.  Party on Fed, party on. 

I Belong to no party. And as I said, I am only pointing out the HYPOCRISY that a party person will endure or ignore.

Are you enduring it or ignoring the facts?

There are two different issues here. The attack on Mrs. Fetterman was downright wrong and racist. There is no place for it in a civilized society. I wish someone had stood up in her defense . In my opinion,  , " They can dish it out but can't take it" comment is inaccurate if addressed to her. She was dishing nothing out. Has anyone ever witnessed her dishing it out?   But, but but she is a Democrat. First, she is a human being. 

2 hours ago, fedup said:

I Belong to no party. And as I said, I am only pointing out the HYPOCRISY that a party person will endure or ignore.

Are you enduring it or ignoring the facts?

Fact.  A woman of color was called the n word. It was caught on camera for all to see. 

Fact. You make an attempt to justify such behavior by bringing up an article that also shows racism and ignorant behavior. 

Fact. You have yet to state that the racial attack on Fetterman's wife was wrong. 

You want to see hypocrisy? Take a look at those facts, and then take a good long look in the mirror. 

9 hours ago, disgruntled said:

Hopefully she doesn't go anywhere else without her security.  In this day and age--why even attempt it?  Smells a wee bit of a political stunt that the one time she doesn't have her detail she gets harassed--in an area that has tons of darker skinned people than her and probably few people that know exactly who she is--heck I ran into someone that seemed to know me at Martin's the other day that I still don't know who they were thanks to masks--(before you jump down my throat: I WAS wearing one!!)  but I'm definitely not going to call her a liar.  `\_(",)_/`

Wondered about that myself as Braddock is 66% black by the last census. It's only 24% white. Actually, the culprit recognized her and either hated her husband's politics or resented her previous status as an illegal immigrant. Don't know why she called her what she did maybe just too illiterate to come up with a more appropriate insult. This is what was reported, "Fetterman is a Brazilian immigrant who was once undocumented. Fetterman, who recorded the incident from inside her car, said the attack began inside the store after the woman recognized her. "She called me a thief and said I don’t belong here,” Fetterman told NBC News. “She said, ‘There’s that ‘N-word” Fetterman married.’”

These are the demographics for Braddock. https://www.towncharts.com/Pennsylvania/Demographics/Braddock-borough-PA-Demographics-data.html  Wouldn't think that using that particular epithet would be safe to use.  Personally, I think this whole social distancing, stay home and live in fear thing has got everyone a little crazy. I'd like to see Rachael Levine visit Aldi's in Braddock without security. I'll bet Gov. Wolf wouldn't make it out with his kiwis intact either.