GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
leahbarn

Do you have a moment to make someone's day?

SPONSOR:  

At the beginning of all this, a nurse from Jefferson Manor asked for children or adults to send cards marked to any resident. With Thanksgiving and Christmas so close, would any of you have a moment to send a note or a card to a stranger at a nursing home or hospital and make their day? Any hospital or nursing home. It will help them since no visitors for so long, and will make you smile for a few minutes, and maybe even forget some of this mess for a moment! Even just a note "I was thinking about you" would be enough.

2 hours ago, leahbarn said:

At the beginning of all this, a nurse from Jefferson Manor asked for children or adults to send cards marked to any resident. With Thanksgiving and Christmas so close, would any of you have a moment to send a note or a card to a stranger at a nursing home or hospital and make their day? Any hospital or nursing home. It will help them since no visitors for so long, and will make you smile for a few minutes, and maybe even forget some of this mess for a moment! Even just a note "I was thinking about you" would be enough.

Great idea. We had to put my aunt in a nursing home in August. Bad timing I know. We haven't been able to see her much obviously so we send cards and small gifts. They  do have to sit for 3 days before the residents are allowed to have things. Well, at the home my aunt is at anyways. I'm sure there are a lot of residents who receive nothing.

Sometimes we tend to put loved ones in a  facility and they become out of site out of mind. They are slowly and unintentionally put on the back burner.  This would be a good thing to do all year, not just special days. GREAT IDEA !!:Cool_049:

Thanks Lyndsey and Bart. So sick of the current mess and was wanting something to smile about. Got 4 pretty cards from a company and wondered what to do with them. Each says Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas,  Happy New Year in different colors and a different personal message in each. A little happiness will help everyone. Have a great day!

The American Legion Auxiliary gives Christmas cards to the Veterans in local Nursing homes with a small cash donation for them to use. We can't get their names but we get numbers and get the cards delivered to Homes for them to distribute. We have gotten some thank you notes that melt our hearts. For some this is the only mail they get. Our Veterans need thanked and remembered all year , not just on Veterans Day. We Thank All for their service!!