GoDuBois.com
katman

Du Bois Wal Mart Closed.

SPONSOR:  

27 minutes ago, katman said:

There are signs posted on the doors at the DuBois Wal Mart saying that they will be Closed Today from 2pm until Thursday the 9th at 7am for Additional Cleaning and Stocking.

I thought that was why they were closed in the evenings.

"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse." - Thomas Jefferson

I don't know for sure why, but usually when a business has shut down for a day for additional cleaning it is because customers or employees have tested positive for Covid-19, or with the large increase in positive cases ( today 119 Clearfield County, 77 Jefferson County) they may be closing to give the store a good cleaning.

52 minutes ago, katman said:

There are signs posted on the doors at the DuBois Wal Mart saying that they will be Closed Today from 2pm until Thursday the 9th at 7am for Additional Cleaning and Stocking.

Thursday is the 10th.  Are they closed for part of a day--as in just today and reopening tomorrow--or are they closed until Thursday the 10th? 

"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse." - Thomas Jefferson

I've only been in that Walmart 4-5 times in the last 4 years.  

Do they REALLY clean when they do these sort of things?  Like the grocery store carts.  They're supposed to disinfect them after every use.  They don't.  If they do, they only get the main handle.  Nearly every customer will grab the cart by the front or elsewhere and pull it along.  Probably more of a perception thing...give the germaphobes piece of mind.  

Frankly, I'm about over this all.  I wish they'd crop dust the darned virus over all of us and let the chips fall where they may.  If we get it and die, so be it.  If we get it and don't die--good.  If I don't get it then I was right about building my immune system. 

You only have to run faster than the slowest guy if you're being chased by a hungry tiger. 

Ironically, I just received a phone call from an elderly relative who works at Walmart.  Said they are unaware of several covid cases among the employees.  Said this request to close and clean came from Bentonville.  They are doing it at several locations across the country.  Believes every store will be closed/cleaned prior to Christmas.  

I goggled "walmart" and there are news reports of many stores across the country closing at the exact time and length of time for the same thing.  

8 minutes ago, Cacao said:

Ironically, I just received a phone call from an elderly relative who works at Walmart.  Said they are unaware of several covid cases among the employees.  Said this request to close and clean came from Bentonville.  They are doing it at several locations across the country.  Believes every store will be closed/cleaned prior to Christmas.  

I goggled "walmart" and there are news reports of many stores across the country closing at the exact time and length of time for the same thing.  

Bentonville?????

Why don't the big shots from their go to their stores and tell people to put on a mask?

They just make some poor worker bee try to enforce their stupid while all the government'S in this country allows them to stay open while they shut down the little people's stores.

Have the CEO of Walmart tell people that he will be standing in front of one of his stores telling people they have to wear a mask.

Ain't no way that will ever happen. Even the MSM would have to cover that story live.

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

7 minutes ago, fedup said:

Bentonville?????

Why don't the big shots from their go to their stores and tell people to put on a mask?

They just make some poor worker bee try to enforce their stupid while all the government'S in this country allows them to stay open while they shut down the little people's stores.

Have the CEO of Walmart tell people that he will be standing in front of one of his stores telling people they have to wear a mask.

Ain't no way that will ever happen. Even the MSM would have to cover that story live.

Ever go to Bentonville?  It's a corporate snob's playground.  Broadway/Las Vegas style shows, fine dining, high end shopping...  No one shops at Walmart in Bentonville, AR.  All of corporate America owns or leases office space there to push their noses up the Waltons rear ends.  No one from Bentonville would be caught dead associating with common folk.

8 minutes ago, Cacao said:

Ever go to Bentonville?  It's a corporate snob's playground.  Broadway/Las Vegas style shows, fine dining, high end shopping...  No one shops at Walmart in Bentonville, AR.  All of corporate America owns or leases office space there to push their noses up the Waltons rear ends.  No one from Bentonville would be caught dead associating with common folk.

Never been there. Don't want to go there and I have no reason to disbelieve anything you just said.

I need to research on how that area voted. I am hoping the majority didn't vote Liberal but I bet my hopes will be dashed.

Sounds like a typical LIBERAL hypocritical society just like California.

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

1 hour ago, Cacao said:

I've only been in that Walmart 4-5 times in the last 4 years.  

Do they REALLY clean when they do these sort of things?  Like the grocery store carts.  They're supposed to disinfect them after every use.  They don't.  If they do, they only get the main handle.  Nearly every customer will grab the cart by the front or elsewhere and pull it along.  Probably more of a perception thing...give the germaphobes piece of mind.  

Recently I have noticed they have not been. But when almost everything was shutdown and they were more strigently watching people, they were "Fogging"  the carts with disinfectant from a machine. I go there on Friday afternoon for about 20-25 minutes in & out. But over the Holiday forget it.

1 hour ago, disgruntled said:

Frankly, I'm about over this all.  I wish they'd crop dust the darned virus over all of us and let the chips fall where they may.  If we get it and die, so be it.  If we get it and don't die--good.  If I don't get it then I was right about building my immune system. 

You only have to run faster than the slowest guy if you're being chased by a hungry tiger. 

And Im tired of people apologizing for the Chinese who knew exactly what they were doing to get back at us  with the virus.(I stop there since it isnt the Debate Thread). 

38 minutes ago, fedup said:

Never been there. Don't want to go there and I have no reason to disbelieve anything you just said.

I need to research on how that area voted. I am hoping the majority didn't vote Liberal but I bet my hopes will be dashed.

Sounds like a typical LIBERAL hypocritical society just like California.

Surprisingly, 62-35 Trump.  The "locals" must outnumber the temporary folk.

They are now starting to stop people without masks from entering the store.  Once they have the store deep cleaned, then I imagine they will enforce it more.  They are now starting to hand out plastic gloves at the front which I have considered resuming.  I'm willing to do a lot more than my share to help this end because that's what I believe about life in general.

I was there when they asked everyone to leave, and the cashier said they all had to stay to clean EVERYTHING.  I also saw the manager with another guy who seemed to be someone from Corporate. I thanked them for their carefulness, and they seemed surprised because everyone else wants to complain.  

Please tell the rising sick, injured and dead that this is all a hoax.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

4 minutes ago, Bon said:

Pete, the guy was more than likely from District.

You may well be right, but he wasn't a regular from the store.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

Should I wipe down groceries during the pandemic?

by: The Associated Press

Posted:  / Updated: 

Should I wipe down groceries during the pandemic? AP Illustration/Peter Hamlin

(AP) — Should I wipe down groceries during the pandemic?

Experts say it’s not necessary for most people.

The coronavirus spreads mainly through the respiratory droplets people spray when talking, coughing, sneezing or singing. It’s why health experts stress the importance of wearing masks and social distancing.

Experts still recommend cleaning surfaces — especially frequently touched spots that infected people might have recently touched. That will also help reduce the risk of other germs that haven’t gone away in the pandemic.

People caring for those at risk for severe illness if infected might also want to take the precaution of wiping down any packages.

But experts say to keep things in perspective. The virus is fragile and doesn’t survive easily outside the body for long, they note. Tests finding it on surfaces might just be detecting traces of the virus, not a live virus capable of infecting people. Early studies finding it could linger on surfaces for days were conducted under laboratory conditions; the virus likely couldn’t survive that long in real life.

Dr. John Brooks, chief medical officer for the COVID-19 response at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said people should do what makes them comfortable. But he said if people unpack groceries without touching their faces and then washing their hands afterward, “I think that may be sufficient.”

___

The AP is answering your questions about the coronavirus in this series. Submit them at: FactCheck@AP.org.                                                                                                                           https://www.wearecentralpa.com/news/should-i-wipe-down-groceries-during-the-pandemic/

2 hours ago, Lyndsey33 said:

So far today i have read 6, 10, 25, 50 and now 40 employees. Rumors are ramped.

It could be 10,000 I dont shop there anyhow. They can be closed the rest of the year as far as I am concerned haha

Every time the Government IMPOSES new Regulations to Protect Us, we LOSE a Little MORE of our FREEDOMS....

MORE Government = LESS Freedom

DuBois Walmart closed temporarily

by: Kelsey Rogers

Posted:  / Updated: 

(AP Photo/Alan Diaz, File)

DUBOIS, Pa. (WTAJ) — The DuBois Walmart has temporarily closed their store for a deep-cleaning and restocking.

“Everything we’re doing is for the well-being of our associates and customers, and in consideration of guidance by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and health experts,” Walmart said in a Facebook post.

The store plans to reopen on Thursday at 7 a.m. When they reopen, they will continue to conduct associate health screenings and temperature checks.

Earlier today, we made the decision to temporarily close our store for a thorough cleaning and restocking of the facility. We’ll remain closed through tomorrow and are expecting to reopen Thursday morning at 7am.
Everything we’re doing is for the well-being of our associates and customers, and in consideration of guidance by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and health experts. When the store reopens Thursday, we will continue conducting associate health screens and temperature checks, and all associates will be provided with facemasks and gloves.
These protocols are in addition to the extensive measures we’ve put in place over the past several months to help protect our associates and customers, including installing sneeze guards at registers, temperature checks and mandatory mask-wearing for associates, placing social distancing signage and enacting emergency leave policy for associates who are unable or uncomfortable coming to work. Additionally, through the help of our health ambassadors, we will continue requiring customers to wear protective facial coverings while inside the building.
We will continue working closely with elected and local health officials, adjusting how we serve the community while also keeping the health and safety of our customers and associates in mind.