GoDuBois.com
  • LOW PRICES
  • LOW PRICES
  • LOW PRICES
Sign in to follow this  
mollycan

Restaurants?

3 hours ago, disgruntled said:

As an adult, I don't want or need anyone else telling me what I need to do to keep myself safe.  It should be up to me to go into a restaurant or not.  As some of you liberal minded thinkers shout about abortion:  My body, my choice.  If I need to do so, I will even wear a scarlet R (for "I've been in a restauraunt")  on my chest that shows I may have involved myself in risky behavior that may put you at risk while we stand shoulder to shoulder in line at WalMart.  Because according to some of you, sitting down for a meal at a restaurant will bring death, but buying lollipops and the latest toy at WalMart brings peace, love and joy--so you can't catch Covid there.  

The only "safe place" for you to be is AT HOME.  Life is about risks.  Walking around scared out of your mind is killing you and your immune system.  Stress harms your body. 

Even home isn't completely safe as I have two essential workers here and two grandchildren who are here part time.  My goal is to stay as normal as possible and do it as safely as possible.  Life goes on and I've adapted to survive.

As far as businesses, they will survive on the basis of their merits.  This is probably simply the straw can break the already bowing Camel's back.  When the going gets tough, the tough get going.  If a business wasn't doing well BEFORE this, then it probably won't survive.  That's reality.  Either you man up and find new ways to survive or you don't. I've lost businesses myself but didn't whine about it because I simply didn't have what it took to be an entrepreneur. That's reality too.

Going outside of the established network of those who help support others may seem all independent and tough, but losing your business through stupidity and belligerence is worse.  A network of support such as government agencies, insurance, a professional group, and determined customers will keep a business from foundering when outside problems happen.  

I enjoy going to a restaurant to sit and eat/chat with friends, but the stream of people who refused to wear a mask when asked was impossible to deal with, especially when people feel they know you well enough to think you're invincible so they stop to stand over you and wear no mask.  As far as wait staff, we made sure to give them more money than usual to help a bit.  They also get unemployment and are eligible for assistance.  If congress would get off of their entitled derrieres' and send emergency cash to American businesses and individuals, then nothing worthwhile should be lost.  The money sent to other countries at a time like this drives me crazy!  We need a solid base right here so we can eventually get on our feet and help there!

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

19 minutes ago, Petee said:

Firehouse Pizza was gone long before COVID.  New seafood place?  Yea!

No it wasn't. They had moved back up to the original building. They were open until a couple of months ago. I believe they had not been able to recover from the original shutdowns.

"" The measure of success is where preparation and opportunity meet ""

I wasn't aware of that, but I do know they were struggling from fried food quality and keeping good employees.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

33 minutes ago, BillyC said:

No it wasn't. They had moved back up to the original building. They were open until a couple of months ago. I believe they had not been able to recover from the original shutdowns.

Some people think it's all cut and dry and every business can survive if they want to. That is not so. 

Who is NOT getting any sort of financial assistance or food/rent/living expense support?  Is there anyone in our area who absolutely cannot get the basics?

Albert Einstein

21 minutes ago, Petee said:

Who is NOT getting any sort of financial assistance or food/rent/living expense support?  Is there anyone in our area who absolutely cannot get the basics?

Bars/Restaurants?  Or are you talking about individuals?  Not sure where you're going with this, but I'm sure many people reside on both sides of that fence.  

2 hours ago, Petee said:

I wasn't aware of that, but I do know they were struggling from fried food quality and keeping good employees.

That was the previous owner that got the bad reviews.

http://www.thecourierexpress.com/news/firehouse-pizzeria-reopens-under-new-ownership/article_29851736-b0e5-5e2c-8495-2d95b70f2b11.html

2 hours ago, Petee said:

Even home isn't completely safe as I have two essential workers here and two grandchildren who are here part time.  My goal is to stay as normal as possible and do it as safely as possible.  Life goes on and I've adapted to survive.

As far as businesses, they will survive on the basis of their merits.  This is probably simply the straw can break the already bowing Camel's back.  When the going gets tough, the tough get going.  If a business wasn't doing well BEFORE this, then it probably won't survive.  That's reality.  Either you man up and find new ways to survive or you don't. I've lost businesses myself but didn't whine about it because I simply didn't have what it took to be an entrepreneur. That's reality too.

Going outside of the established network of those who help support others may seem all independent and tough, but losing your business through stupidity and belligerence is worse.  A network of support such as government agencies, insurance, a professional group, and determined customers will keep a business from foundering when outside problems happen.  

I enjoy going to a restaurant to sit and eat/chat with friends, but the stream of people who refused to wear a mask when asked was impossible to deal with, especially when people feel they know you well enough to think you're invincible so they stop to stand over you and wear no mask.  As far as wait staff, we made sure to give them more money than usual to help a bit.  They also get unemployment and are eligible for assistance.  If congress would get off of their entitled derrieres' and send emergency cash to American businesses and individuals, then nothing worthwhile should be lost.  The money sent to other countries at a time like this drives me crazy!  We need a solid base right here so we can eventually get on our feet and help there!

There is a HUGE difference between you losing your businesses because you weren't cut out to be an entrepreneur and having your business forced to be closed because of some arbitrary set of rules made up by some lunatics that change the rules as the game is being played.  They lied to us.  Fauci at the beginning told us masks won't help---then they mandated we wear one.  Once you lie to me once, I will NOT trust you again. 

Did you happen to see the mall parking lot over the weekend?  The rules do not make sense.  I can go to WalMart and hang with the majority of the DuBois Area School District population, but I can't go sit down and eat in a local restaurant--even if I follow the rules?  Have you seen the people that either aren't masking IN stores, or aren't wearing them correctly?

The bottom line as I see it:  the majority of small business owners in PA are Trump voters.  That's why you pinch the little man.  You punish him for his vote and you scare him into compliance.   

"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse." - Thomas Jefferson

37 minutes ago, Petee said:

What about the people who filed for UC back in March that haven't seen a penny yet.

Bet if your beloved government pulled your social security and pensions for near a year and you had no means of income you'd be crowing a different tune.

2 hours ago, Cacao said:

Bars/Restaurants?  Or are you talking about individuals?  Not sure where you're going with this, but I'm sure many people reside on both sides of that fence.  

Any one of them.

Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

Honestly I didn't even hear that they had opened that building up for business again. Is it currently still closed or are they open for take out.  I love giving new places a try.

Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, NikonSniper said:

What about the people who filed for UC back in March that haven't seen a penny yet.

Bet if your beloved government pulled your social security and pensions for near a year and you had no means of income you'd be crowing a different tune.

I would like to know the specifics of anyone who hasn't received a penny in support from  government entity since they applied in March.  

If we lost our income, we would be out working at anything possible.  You would not see us waiting for help.  I can't even find anyone to clean house or work in the yard and I know a lot of people in the same boat.  So many places were looking for employees and a few had to close down because they didn't have enough support staff.  Any job is better than none, and you can always move to another one if a better one comes along.

We still work and we're 73.  We will probably never quit till we can't do it any more because we intend to take care of ourselves and our families if they need it.  In all of our working years, I think hubby and I have had to depend on Unemployment three short times but never accepted Food Stamps or assistance.  

My point is, if you're short on funds, then knock on a neighbor's door and ask for a day's work.  Then ask another one and earn yourself a good reputation.  Ask at a business if you can do a free week of work to prove you can do the job and you're determined to work.  I worked at my job for 3 1/2 years for free till they finally asked if they could hire me.  

We went without a lot through the first half of our marriage, and when we had a little extra money we managed to teach ourselves a lesson by wasting some of it, then needing it later.  We're a little smarter now.  Doing without can build character and good habits.  I think we've been on three legitimate vacations in 50 years.  They just aren't a necessity although we would love to be able to spend money on them.  Think needs, not wants, even in the good times.  My kids got sick of hearing that growing up, but now they teach it to their own kids.

These times will eventually pass onto better times at odd times and in odd ways.  Be prepared to take full advantage so you don't have to be at the mercy of fate again.

Albert Einstein

11 hours ago, Petee said:

Honestly I didn't even hear that they had opened that building up for business again. Is it currently still closed or are they open for take out.  I love giving new places a try.

They are closed. Parking lot is being used for Palumbos overflow parking.

"" The measure of success is where preparation and opportunity meet ""

When people learn to quit believing in things that ain't true, maybe some sense can be used concerning this subject. 

There is NO PROOF that masks work as they are intended to.

If you can't prove that masks work then you shouldn't be running around passing laws trying to make people wear masks that do not work. 

Wolf and any other single person has no right to shut down peoples lives. 

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

40 PA Restaurants Ordered to Close for Defying Governor’s Temporary Dine-in Prohibition

HARRISBURG – The Department of Agriculture today released data related to COVID-19 restaurant enforcement actions from Dec. 14 through Dec. 20, 2020.

The information is specific to COVID-19 mitigation requirements for restaurants, including masking of employees offering carry-out, delivery and curbside pick-up services. It also reflects the temporary order prohibiting dine-in service from Dec. 12, 2020 until Jan. 4, 2021

These numbers include actions taken during routine food safety inspections and inspections prompted by consumer complaints.

From Dec. 14 through Dec. 20, the department’s Bureau of Food Safety performed 493 inspections, 89 of which were complaint-driven.  Of those, 84 were COVID-19 specific complaints.

The department received 428 food facility COVID-19-related complaints, and 87 of those COVID-19-related complaints were referred to local and county health jurisdictions.

In addition, the department issued 180 written warnings to restaurants reported to be violating the temporary dine-in prohibition.

Of those 180 warnings, 40 restaurants were closed by order after they were confirmed to be open for dine-in service and refused to comply with the order.

COUNTY TOTAL INSPECTIONS COMPLAINT-DRIVEN INSPECTIONS COVID-19 RELATED WARNINGS ISSUED COVID-19 RELATED CLOSED BY ORDER NOTICES
BLAIR 18 1 (1 COVID) 2 1
CAMBRIA 9 1 (1 COVID) 0 0
CENTRE 1 2 (2 COVID) 4 1
CLEARFIELD 13 3 (3 COVID) 2 1
CLINTON 1 0 1 0
ELK 4 0 0 0
JEFFERSON 2 0 2 0

The limited-time mitigation order includes:

• All in-person indoor dining at businesses in the retail food services industry, including, but not limited to, bars, restaurants, breweries, wineries, distilleries, social clubs and private-catered events is prohibited.
  • Outdoor dining, take-out food service, and take-out alcohol sales are permitted and may continue, subject to any limitations or restrictions imposed by Pennsylvania law, or this or any other order issued by the Secretary of Health or by the governor.

A county-by-county breakdown of COVID-19 restaurant enforcement actions can be found on the Department of Agriculture’s Web site. The data will be updated weekly with data from the previous week. 

The Bureau of Food Safety said it has always operated with an education-first model, and always works to educate and correct issues on-site before taking official action.

Businesses will receive a closure order if they are confirmed to be operating in violation of the order and unwilling to cease dine-in service while the inspector is present.

If the restaurant continues to operate in any manner following the closure order, the restaurant will be referred to the Department of Health for further legal action, including an action in Commonwealth Court to enjoin the continued operation of the restaurant in violation of the temporary order.

Consumers with general food safety complaints or concerns about non-compliance for COVID-19 mitigation can file a complaint online.  COVID-19 mitigation restaurant enforcement actions will be released on a weekly basis.

For more information about the Department of Agriculture’s COVID-19 response, visit agriculture.pa.gov/covid.

6 hours ago, BillyC said:

They are closed. Parking lot is being used for Palumbos overflow parking.

So hopefully when restaurants can open again and stay open, they will restart.  They should have money coming from a Stimulus package in the future if not now.

Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, mr.d said:

40 PA Restaurants Ordered to Close for Defying Governor’s Temporary Dine-in Prohibition

HARRISBURG – The Department of Agriculture today released data related to COVID-19 restaurant enforcement actions from Dec. 14 through Dec. 20, 2020.

The information is specific to COVID-19 mitigation requirements for restaurants, including masking of employees offering carry-out, delivery and curbside pick-up services. It also reflects the temporary order prohibiting dine-in service from Dec. 12, 2020 until Jan. 4, 2021

These numbers include actions taken during routine food safety inspections and inspections prompted by consumer complaints.

From Dec. 14 through Dec. 20, the department’s Bureau of Food Safety performed 493 inspections, 89 of which were complaint-driven.  Of those, 84 were COVID-19 specific complaints.

The department received 428 food facility COVID-19-related complaints, and 87 of those COVID-19-related complaints were referred to local and county health jurisdictions.

In addition, the department issued 180 written warnings to restaurants reported to be violating the temporary dine-in prohibition.

Of those 180 warnings, 40 restaurants were closed by order after they were confirmed to be open for dine-in service and refused to comply with the order.

COUNTY TOTAL INSPECTIONS COMPLAINT-DRIVEN INSPECTIONS COVID-19 RELATED WARNINGS ISSUED COVID-19 RELATED CLOSED BY ORDER NOTICES
BLAIR 18 1 (1 COVID) 2 1
CAMBRIA 9 1 (1 COVID) 0 0
CENTRE 1 2 (2 COVID) 4 1
CLEARFIELD 13 3 (3 COVID) 2 1
CLINTON 1 0 1 0
ELK 4 0 0 0
JEFFERSON 2 0 2 0

The limited-time mitigation order includes:

• All in-person indoor dining at businesses in the retail food services industry, including, but not limited to, bars, restaurants, breweries, wineries, distilleries, social clubs and private-catered events is prohibited.
  • Outdoor dining, take-out food service, and take-out alcohol sales are permitted and may continue, subject to any limitations or restrictions imposed by Pennsylvania law, or this or any other order issued by the Secretary of Health or by the governor.

A county-by-county breakdown of COVID-19 restaurant enforcement actions can be found on the Department of Agriculture’s Web site. The data will be updated weekly with data from the previous week. 

The Bureau of Food Safety said it has always operated with an education-first model, and always works to educate and correct issues on-site before taking official action.

Businesses will receive a closure order if they are confirmed to be operating in violation of the order and unwilling to cease dine-in service while the inspector is present.

If the restaurant continues to operate in any manner following the closure order, the restaurant will be referred to the Department of Health for further legal action, including an action in Commonwealth Court to enjoin the continued operation of the restaurant in violation of the temporary order.

Consumers with general food safety complaints or concerns about non-compliance for COVID-19 mitigation can file a complaint online.  COVID-19 mitigation restaurant enforcement actions will be released on a weekly basis.

For more information about the Department of Agriculture’s COVID-19 response, visit agriculture.pa.gov/covid.

If these restaurants had done as they were told, would all of the others be closed now?

Albert Einstein

48 minutes ago, Petee said:

If these restaurants had done as they were told, would all of the others be closed now?

Yes.  Because a decision was made to unilaterally close restaurants to indoor dining without the data to support it. 

The decision to close restaurants truly wasn't made to keep anyone safe.  It was made on a governmental whim.